Gaming Nintendo Switch

Bojan11

Is there a switch pro around the corner? I'm looking at this being my next games console and its stopping me buying the original switch.
Original will be supported for a few more years. Pro is supposed to come out this year, but it’s going to be extremely difficult to buy judging by what’s going on with new tech coming out in the last few months. Even the current Switch is quite hard to buy as a lot of places are out of stock. Switch Pro will just give a boost in FPS and resolution to games. So you will have to be pretty quick when it comes to preordering just like with the PS5/Series X if you want one this year.

decorativeed

Yeah, it'll almost certainly launch in November and be immediately sold out and unavailable. I cant imagine they'll be able to charge much more than they currently charge for the Switch, can they? Considering the performance difference, it'd be daft to match the PS5 digital on price.

20solskjaer

Yeah, it'll almost certainly launch in November and be immediately sold out and unavailable. I cant imagine they'll be able to charge much more than they currently charge for the Switch, can they? Considering the performance difference, it'd be daft to match the PS5 digital on price.
i reckon maybe about £329 is the highest they’ll go, around £50 dearer than the normal one, wonder if they’ll keep both versions on discontinue the og switch

Art

Art the artist
Any Hades fans in here ? Put in about 300+ hours into the game thus far, been playing it all of last year. My GOTY personally. The switch port is surprisingly good.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's brilliant. It's team battle royale though so it's groups of 2 or 3 although they just added the option to play solo today but you'll be facing teams so it's basically suicide.

Bosws87

It’s fantastic.
Its ok, far more balanced then Warzone, but its absolutely dreadful for a newcomer to play if you don't have a friend or someone that knows the game there are so many different drops which are never explained in any tutorial so you don't really know what anything does or what's good.

The appeal of warzone is its simplicity, apex is definitely not that, also the inventory system is absolutely awful on any form of console its clearly been designed to be used with a mouse & keyboard.

If you can get passed the initial learning curve and the dreadful inventory system the core game is far more balanced and better then warzone.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Its ok, far more balanced then Warzone, but its absolutely dreadful for a newcomer to play if you don't have a friend or someone that knows the game there are so many different drops which are never explained in any tutorial so you don't really know what anything does or what's good.

The appeal of warzone is its simplicity, apex is definitely not that, also the inventory system is absolutely awful on any form of console its clearly been designed to be used with a mouse & keyboard.

If you can get passed the initial learning curve and the dreadful inventory system the core game is far more balanced and better then warzone.
Ah shit. Me and a few friends just downloaded it but none of us (except one) have played it and even that one guy only played it a tiny bit.

Dave_MUFC

Mario Maker 2 and Paper Mario both at all-time low prices of £32.50 on the eShop.

Personally, I think Paper Mario is better to buy physical and resell after finishing the story, but I sold my physical copy of MM2 last year, as wanting to just play a quick 15 minute burst at a time, it was too much hassle switching carts, so it's definitely one to get digital.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
With switch games it makes more sense to buy the physical version as you can sell them off once you've completed them close to RRP.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I've been playing Spiritfarer for a few hours now. Quite a nice a game once you get into it.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I've been playing Spiritfarer for a few hours now. Quite a nice a game once you get into it.
I've heard good things about that one. I still have a few games to get through, but I might pick it up at some point. Let us know how you get on.

Cloud7

Dragon Quest 11 or FF10 HD?

I really want to play a turn based JRPG.
Dragon Quest 11 was brilliant.

Have you ever played FF10? If not, I would say go for it.

Ideally my answer would be to get both of them, but get FF10 first :D

b82REZ

Do you have a PS5? Yakuza like a dragon if you want a turn-based JPRG. One of the best games from last year.
Definitely got my eye on that, but I want a Switch game so I can laze about in bed at weekends and play it.

I could get DragonQuest much cheaper for PS5 but I want the portability.

Dragon Quest 11 was brilliant.

Have you ever played FF10? If not, I would say go for it.

Ideally my answer would be to get both of them, but get FF10 first :D
I played it on PS2 as a teenager but couldn't get into it. I feel I'll be a lot more patient with it now.

I just worry it'll show its age now, especially in comparison to DragonQuest.

Ainu

Dragon Quest 11 is lovely. It takes a long time to really get going but once you've got a full party and loads of options, it's a fantastic, traditional JRPG that still feels modern as well. The Switch version added some nice QOL additions compared to the original edition. I spent 150 hours with it and that was well worth it.

Maagge

Have you played the Dragon Quest demo? It's quite long (maybe 8 hours?) and you can carry over your save.

b82REZ

Have you played the Dragon Quest demo? It's quite long (maybe 8 hours?) and you can carry over your save.
I've just seen this is an option so asked my GF to set it downloading for me. I'll try it out tonight hopefully.

Maagge

I've just seen this is an option so asked my GF to set it downloading for me. I'll try it out tonight hopefully.
I played it and will definitely pick up the full game when I'm through my backlog.
Enjoy!

b82REZ

I played it and will definitely pick up the full game when I'm through my backlog.
Enjoy!
This is the thing, I'm being very impulsive because of how much I'm loving FF7 Remake. It's giving me blue balls for a proper turn based battle system. But one of them will end up by the wayside if I get it now, I think.

Maagge

This is the thing, I'm being very impulsive because of how much I'm loving FF7 Remake. It's giving me blue balls for a proper turn based battle system. But one of them will end up by the wayside if I get it now, I think.
I know what you mean. These days I tend to only buy games when I (or my partner, I guess) don't have anything new to play, or when there's a really good price on a game I've been wanting to play (e.g. I got a discount of 87 % on Ni No Kuni a while ago and I've just gotten around to starting it now).
My Steam library is full of games I've never played because I couldn't help myself buying games at a discount and I don't want to have that happen on the Switch as well. So now it's just Ni No Kuni and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition I haven't played yet and a bunch of games I haven't bought yet waiting their turn.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Wouldn't recommend Dragon Quest myself.

It's got a boring story. Basic gameplay. Terrible dungeons. Really long. Soundtrack is awful. Bad voice acting. And very slow, even for a JRPG.

P.s. I'm happy for somebody to explain what they enjoyed about it because it's one of those rare occasions I felt utterly let down by a videogame.

b82REZ

Monster Hunter Rise out tomorrow then. Worth a purchase? Haven't played any of the others but fancy something new.
My only experience with Monster Hunter games is with World. Theoretically a game I'd love but I found it a little too grindy and frustrating. Fights can go on for well over an hour and one mistake can completely feck your chances.

I think it'd be more enjoyable in multiplayer and seeing as it's on the PS+ Collection I can see me revisting it and playing it coop one day.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bought Bravely Default 2. They shouldve warned me it's a reskin rather than a sequel. Meh.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
My only experience with Monster Hunter games is with World. Theoretically a game I'd love but I found it a little too grindy and frustrating. Fights can go on for well over an hour and one mistake can completely feck your chances.

I think it'd be more enjoyable in multiplayer and seeing as it's on the PS+ Collection I can see me revisting it and playing it coop one day.
Hmmm maybe I'll try that then first. Good shout.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What are your thoughts on the story? I read a few reviews and they were pretty damning about it.
It's an extremely generic snes era rpg story. You wake up, meet a princes and have to find crystals to save the world. I guess they want to go for nostalgia, but instead it feels more like it's aimed at small children.

If you just want an old school, somewhat generic turnbased rpg with a fun job system, it's okay. It's just exactly the same as the first one. Bit more grindy maybe.

Drainy

Monster Hunter Rise out tomorrow then. Worth a purchase? Haven't played any of the others but fancy something new.
Had it pre ordered since January.

It's a series that frustrates people at first because the combat is very deliberate and punishing of mistakes and some weapons really don't click with your play style but it's an addictive bugger if and when you have the penny drop moment with it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is the Switch lite good? I’m getting pissed off waiting for the PS5 and need a fix in the meantime.