Gaming Nintendo Switch

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This looks cool. I was hoping that this was going to be a hardware powerhouse though as Nintendo will always be my favoured choice.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This looks cool. I was hoping that this was going to be a hardware powerhouse though as Nintendo will always be my favoured choice.
Think they'll always favour innovation over power now, makes sense. PS4 is the powerhouse console and does the triple A's. Nintendo for fun I say!

Adzzz

Staff
Yep. I've got, or are going to get, most of the games that are on there, but I can't resist it.
It's incredibly convenient, looks ace as well. Did you notice in the new mario game the ice/crystals on the fountain and stuff. Man I am hyped.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It's incredibly convenient, looks ace as well. Did you notice in the new mario game the ice/crystals on the fountain and stuff. Man I am hyped.
I hope it's a launch game, a new Nintendo console and a new Mario make both feel even better :drool:

I still have to play 3D World though, so I've got something to keep me going which is nice.

Adzzz

Staff
I hope it's a launch game, a new Nintendo console and a new Mario make both feel even better :drool:

I still have to play 3D World though, so I've got something to keep me going which is nice.
3D World is really good, especially with some mates and a couple of beers. Launching the Switch with BOTW and new Mario... heaven.

Adzzz

Staff
Absolutely :drool:

Obviously not going to happen, but if they also announced a Metroid for launch as well...
:lol: Only so much the heart can take. It would just be beyond reason.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It'll be the biggest (official) one ever wont it? At least screen wise

I mean the joypad. They should just sell a bluetooth repolished nes joypad for smartphone.

It'll still depend on the game though, I'd gladly play old snes game in it if it's compatible , nothing beats light retro game for outside of home sparetime.

At home pc is still the king

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I think it looks great, will have to wait and see how it plays and the software support it gets though, Mario is the only thing I've got out of the WiiU so far. But as a concept the hardware looks far more interesting than the feeble shit ps and xbox have been churning out over the last few years.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Looks interesting, but the ability to switch between handheld and console likely won't be enough to make me buy one. I doubt I would ever take it out of the house, so unless it has enough power and games to match the PS4/Xbox they won't bring gamers like myself back.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm glad they've gone nvidia this time. It's hard to tell because most of it was on the small screen, but power levels look between Wii-U and xbone levels on those clips. Depending on framerates, closer to the later.

GBBQ

I guess me and my sausage fingers can just keeping walking on then Nintendo

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I'm glad they've gone nvidia this time. It's hard to tell because most of it was on the small screen, but power levels look between Wii-U and xbone levels on those clips. Depending on framerates, closer to the later.
If it's that powerful how the hell would the battery last more than a few minutes?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Imagine if they figured out how to work around the DS dual screens and made it backwards compatible! :D
Stop it stop it! I need to focus on completing the current living pokedex I can't handle thinking ahead right now!

Havak

Pokemon master
These are only rumours, but apparently it's somewhere between the Xbox One S and regular PS4 in terms of power - which supports the claims of third party developers saying it's a dream to develop for. These rumours were also included with the leaks of the design, which all turned out to be right.

I had mixed feelings right away, but I think a lot of that came from the lack of surprise due to me seeing the leaks. Almost everything in the trailer was what I expected (bar the unique ways of experiencing multiplayer without the TV involved).

After letting it soak in, I think I am impressed more than not, but the trailer obviously brings more questions than answers. Probably a good thing as it's got everyone talking, even if some of this talk is people berating the thing after one 3-minute trailer.

I doubt the frame rate issues on the portable screen will turn out to be right, as I highly doubt they will settle for lower than 30fps at any time (hopefully it can do 60 of course). Although, with Zelda most of the footage was while targeting enemies which seems to go in slow motion anyway.

I'm not certain I'll get it day one right now, but I'll probably decide in January when they give us a taste of launch window titles. Enhanced Splatoon and Mario Kart with (likely) all the content from the Wii U version + more is very appealing, along with a new Mario game from the off.

It's promising and they seem to have learned from their mistakes, so we'll see. As long as it is still a powerful home console, then people can use it for only that purpose if they wish - you don't have to take it everywhere with you just because you can.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Imagine if they figured out how to work around the DS dual screens and made it backwards compatible! :D
Seeing as you can play DS games on a phone these days I'm sure they can figure something out if they want to.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So it seems the LCD screen part is the actual main console. So this is basically a handheld that you can play on a big TV?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
So it seems the LCD screen part is the actual main console. So this is basically a handheld that you can play on a big TV?
It's a handheld that when you put it in it's dock (which may have a little bit of extra processing power) works as a home console. So, it's both!

Garethw

It doesn't sound like this is going to be backwards compatible with the WiiU.

The games are SD card sized.

Garethw

Yeah they've said it wont be backwards compatible, not with physical media anyway.
Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to buy a WiiU then. Too many good games to miss out on :D.

Garethw

Yep! Should be able to pick on up pretty cheap which is good.
Yeah hopefully there will be a good few deals bouncing around in January/February time.

The WiiU is the only Nintendo console I haven't owned within the first six months of it's release and it's making me feel dirty and disloyal :lol: