Gaming Nintendo Switch

Phil

I'm not fussy chaps. People's thoughts on how it looks or on the previous Wii U game and whether they're buying it? I may have preordered after seeing a review last night.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm not fussy chaps. People's thoughts on how it looks or on the previous Wii U game and whether they're buying it? I may have preordered after seeing a review last night.
I also preodered it, it's supposed to be a challenging 2D classic.

Marcelinho87

Just ordered myself a pro controller from eBay for £40, 2nd hand like but it will do for me.

Might get myself Splatoon 2 at some point this week as I only currently have BoTW and Stardew Valley.

BoTW is fecking amazing though so far.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I haven't seen any reviews of the Switch version, but the general opinion of the Wii U one is really good. Really challenging, which I guess is either a plus or negative depending on what you like.

Looking forward to finally playing it :drool:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Just ordered myself a pro controller from eBay for £40, 2nd hand like but it will do for me.

Might get myself Splatoon 2 at some point this week as I only currently have BoTW and Stardew Valley.

BoTW is fecking amazing though so far.
I bought the switch just over a week ago and picked the pro controller up at the weekend. I nearly coughed up my bollocks when the guy told me it was £60 but it was well worth it. Playing BoTW feels much better with the pro controller.

Coxy

So cloud saves have been announced! Except the only way to get them is to pay for the new online service...

Marcelinho87

So cloud saves have been announced! Except the only way to get them is to pay for the new online service...
Was to be expected to be honest... Dunno if I will be paying for online as none of their online games interest me as of now.

GBBQ

Was to be expected to be honest... Dunno if I will be paying for online as none of their online games interest me as of now.
There's supposed to be access to free retro games as well as part of the service which would make it worth the €20 or whatever its gonna cost.

Marcelinho87

There's supposed to be access to free retro games as well as part of the service which would make it worth the €20 or whatever its gonna cost.
Yeah that sounds pretty good, will have to wait and see what they offer as part of the service.

Coxy

Literally the only reason I’d consider it is for the online saves - but I’m not paying for that - so will just risk my Switch dying instead

Marcelinho87

Ok just seen what they are bringing to the table and.... I ain't paying.

NES games look terrible, they are ancient. Had it been SNES games I would have paid in an instant.

Cloud saves should be a given these days.

Oh and still no actual voice chat without the app? Feck off.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Ok just seen what they are bringing to the table and.... I ain't paying.

NES games look terrible, they are ancient. Had it been SNES games I would have paid in an instant.

Cloud saves should be a given these days.

Oh and still no actual voice chat without the app? Feck off.
But then again it's only 20$ a year, and Super Smash Bros. is coming.

Marcelinho87

But then again it's only 20$ a year, and Super Smash Bros. is coming.
I ain't a smash fan :nervous:

Splatoon 2 maybe though, and if pokemon has any multiplayer elements.

Just don't fancy supporting it when they are the only major console manufacturer to charge for ways to backup saves.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Marcelinho87

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
But you can attach an HDD / Flash drive to the PS4 and backup your saves that way.

The switch is either local or cloud and for cloud you gotta pay, no other way like USB or anything.
True, but cloud save has always been subscription based, nothing new here.

Captain Obvious

Oh I get that it is just they offer no other alternative... also you get cloud based for free on xbox.

Any enough of that :D

When does octopath traveler release? That game I need.
I sold my switch after playing 3 games (botw, mario and xenoblade), it doesnt have that much content if youre into story driven games. Youre not alone in being underwhelmed by it

Marcelinho87

I sold my switch after playing 3 games (botw, mario and xenoblade), it doesnt have that much content if youre into story driven games. Youre not alone in being underwhelmed by it
I won't be selling it as I got it for next to nothing and the Mrs absolutely loves Stardew Valley on it.

Most games that are available on other platforms I will get for them... Might turn this into a homebrew machine when the capability is out fully.

Captain Obvious

I won't be selling it as I got it for next to nothing and the Mrs absolutely loves Stardew Valley on it.

Most games that are available on other platforms I will get for them... Might turn this into a homebrew machine when the capability is out fully.
Im buying it again in December when Pokemon is out and yeah, Stardew Valley is great

Bojan11

Jesus, people love to moan about anything. Not on here but a few certain forums.

The price is cheap and I’m looking forward to the NES games.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I don't really use ps+, when I want to buy something on sale that in total is cheaper through ps+ I go that route, and I expect to use Nintendos online service in the same manner.

I also feel the platform needs more proper games, but I'll give it a couple of years as they are very early in it's life cycle now and have already churned out some fantastic games for people in general.

For myself I've made a conscious decision to not by YS or other rpgs I believe I should have on the switch when it comes so my switch can be my rpg-on-the-go machine for hospital visits or when i just want to multi-task while watching TV with my girl.

For all the complaints about the re-master, I really want to have dark souls remaster on the switch (good intense game on the go) as well as the ps4 (library with other game of the same genre on one system).

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don't really use ps+, when I want to buy something on sale that in total is cheaper through ps+ I go that route, and I expect to use Nintendos online service in the same manner.

I also feel the platform needs more proper games, but I'll give it a couple of years as they are very early in it's life cycle now and have already churned out some fantastic games for people in general.

For myself I've made a conscious decision to not by YS or other rpgs I believe I should have on the switch when it comes so my switch can be my rpg-on-the-go machine for hospital visits or when i just want to multi-task while watching TV with my girl.

For all the complaints about the re-master, I really want to have dark souls remaster on the switch (good intense game on the go) as well as the ps4 (library with other game of the same genre on one system).
I'm waiting for Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem, and Shin Megami Tensei V on the Switch as far as JRPG games go, I think all 3 might turn out to be fantastic.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm waiting for Octopath Traveler, Fire Emblem, and Shin Megami Tensei V on the Switch as far as JRPG games go, I think all 3 might turn out to be fantastic.
I'm waiting for YS, Shin megami tensei & Dark souls, with eyes on octopath in case it looks good.

The jrpg list tends to be decent on Nintendo consoles though, so I'm content with what I think I'll be getting overall to say my purchase was a good one. :)

You know if the new fire emblem will be more like the old gba titles or if they'll be dynasty warriors like the last one? If it's the latter I'll skip it as one is fun for casual play but it's not engaging enough for me to buy multiples of the same type of game. Just feels like new skins to me. :p

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm waiting for YS, Shin megami tensei & Dark souls, with eyes on octopath in case it looks good.

The jrpg list tends to be decent on Nintendo consoles though, so I'm content with what I think I'll be getting overall to say my purchase was a good one. :)

You know if the new fire emblem will be more like the old gba titles or if they'll be dynasty warriors like the last one? If it's the latter I'll skip it as one is fun for casual play but it's not engaging enough for me to buy multiples of the same type of game. Just feels like new skins to me. :p
It's probably more like the old ones, it's a main series game so I have to assume it's nothing like Warriors.