Gaming Nintendo Switch

Havak

Pokemon master
I'm too much of a sucker for limited edition packs :lol:

I quickly pre-ordered the Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Limited Edition from Limited Run as it includes a SteelBook Power Morpher with interchangeable magnetic Power Coins to put into it :lol: don't even really want the game as it's basically a Mobile game. I'll be ordering the Zelda one above for the other half. I've already pre-ordered the Pokémon Sword & Shield dual pack with steelbook and I'll likely be getting the Astral Chain Limited Edition as well... I might have a problem.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Plenty of great sales on the Nintendo eShop.

I finally got hollow Knight and crypt of the necrodancer for 10 bucks combined after deducting gold coins.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Plenty of great sales on the Nintendo eShop.

I finally got hollow Knight and crypt of the necrodancer for 10 bucks combined after deducting gold coins.
Just noticed the price on CotN. I'm tempted.
Has anyone here played it?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just noticed the price on CotN. I'm tempted.
Has anyone here played it?
I mean, it can't be bad, considering Nintendo picked them to collab for a legend of Zelda spin on this series.

I pretty much just buying this based on that and the great offer it's having.

Havak

Pokemon master
So, now that the dust has settled from e3, what games are on people's lists for the remainder of 2019?

For me:

• Crash Team Racing
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Astral Chain
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (if I can secure a limited edition)
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Basically, a game a month until November for me. I'm also interested in Oninaki but I will probably wait for it to drop in price (I thought 'I Am Setsuna' and 'Lost Sphear' were great). I would have liked to pick up Super Mario Maker 2, but I'll probably hold off on that unless some friends bully me into picking it up for multiplayer. The Zelda game is more for the girlfriend than myself as I'm not a big Zelda fan, but we have a lot of the collector's editions for Zelda and she plays that series so it'd be a nice addition to our collection. Lastly, there's Luigi's Mansion 3 (probably October), but I'd likely get the missus to buy that with her own money as she wants to play it with her nephew.

I am started to wonder when Crystal Chronicles is going to release as the end of the year is going to have a lot of time taken up for me with Ni No Kuni (will be my first time playing it and I can't wait) and Pokémon. But if it does fall into 2020 and comes out near Animal Crossing then that's going to be a bit awkward too as I'm sink so many hours into that :lol: FFCC is definitely one of my favourite ever games though as I have some great memories playing multiplayer with friends. Hopefully it comes out at a time where I am not too heavily invested in Ni No Kuni, Pokémon, or Animal Crossing.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
So, now that the dust has settled from e3, what games are on people's lists for the remainder of 2019?

For me:

• Crash Team Racing
  • Astral Chain
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield
Basically, a game a month until November for me. I'm also interested in Oninaki but I will probably wait for it to drop in price (I thought 'I Am Setsuna' and 'Lost Sphear' were great). I would have liked to pick up Super Mario Maker 2, but I'll probably hold off on that unless some friends bully me into picking it up for multiplayer. The Zelda game is more for the girlfriend than myself as I'm not a big Zelda fan, but we have a lot of the collector's editions for Zelda and she plays that series so it'd be a nice addition to our collection. Lastly, there's Luigi's Mansion 3 (probably October), but I'd likely get the missus to buy that with her own money as she wants to play it with her nephew.

I am started to wonder when Crystal Chronicles is going to release as the end of the year is going to have a lot of time taken up for me with Ni No Kuni (will be my first time playing it and I can't wait) and Pokémon. But if it does fall into 2020 and comes out near Animal Crossing then that's going to be a bit awkward too as I'm sink so many hours into that :lol: FFCC is definitely one of my favourite ever games though as I have some great memories playing multiplayer with friends. Hopefully it comes out at a time where I am not too heavily invested in Ni No Kuni, Pokémon, or Animal Crossing.
I'll keep an eye on Astral Chain, Ni No Kuni and Final Fantasy. I'll most likely get Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda. On top of that I have a list of games I still want to play which are already released so I'm not focusing too much on new games except the aforementioned. Oh, if The Witcher ends up being a good port I'll get that too as I've never played it.

Havak

Pokemon master
So tempting
You'll have to be quick when it goes live on other sites. It sold out in a matter of hours (maybe minutes) on ShopTo.net, Smyths Toys, and GAME in the UK. I've unfortunately missed getting a pre-order in each time, so keeping an eye out for Amazon and Nintendo UK Official Store to see if I can get a pre-order in.

Bojan11

How many on here upgrading to the Switch pro? Looks like it’s not far off as production has started.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
You'll have to be quick when it goes live on other sites. It sold out in a matter of hours (maybe minutes) on ShopTo.net, Smyths Toys, and GAME in the UK. I've unfortunately missed getting a pre-order in each time, so keeping an eye out for Amazon and Nintendo UK Official Store to see if I can get a pre-order in.
To be honest I'm resigned to not getting it sadly, I'll be buying the normal game regardless. Good luck in your attempts though, I hope it goes well!

Bojan11

It’s all still rumours at the moment
Doubt WSJ would just post random rumours of Nintendo.

Nintendo switched the productions of these consoles from China to south east Asia to avoid paying the higher tariffs.

I didn’t expect them to announce them at E3 because they probably don’t want Switch sales to drop. I can seem them announcing it in the next two months and it coming out a month later. Probably before something like Witcher 3 comes out.

Havak

Pokemon master
@Bojan11

You're right in what you're saying, but I don't think there is a need for the more powerful Switch yet (unless something like the Witcher 3 has a patch that allows it to hit the current docked performance in the new ones handheld for example, but even then it doesn't need to come out this year).

I think the more likely scenario is that Nintendo releases the cheaper model of the Switch because everything announced so far seems like it would play well enough on the current model and the smaller one isn't going to be a downgrade in power. Also, games like Zelda: Link's Awakening, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing have found themselves more in line with Nintendo's handheld gaming strategy rather than home console. So, it makes sense to try and drive sales through something more akin to this style of play. Top-down Zelda and Pokémon releasing alongside a purely handheld Nintendo console? Can you say money?

I could be incredibly wrong of course, but I reckon the 'Switch Mini' is going to be out in September or November, while the 'Switch Pro' will come in 2020 before the PS5 and Scarlett.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Doubt WSJ would just post random rumours of Nintendo.

Nintendo switched the productions of these consoles from China to south east Asia to avoid paying the higher tariffs.

I didn’t expect them to announce them at E3 because they probably don’t want Switch sales to drop. I can seem them announcing it in the next two months and it coming out a month later. Probably before something like Witcher 3 comes out.
We’ll see, the original rumour had the insider saying they expected it to be unveiled at E3 which has obviously turned out not to have happened, and the latest one seemed like they just tacked it onto the story about production moving due to the tariffs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens but it feels a bit soon for me as they’ve got nothing to really sell the upgrade with at the moment. Feels like it’d work better alongside a big game like BotW 2 like @Adzzz said. I mean the Witcher 3 is great but it’s hardly going to be an upgrade seller

Bojan11

@Bojan11

You're right in what you're saying, but I don't think there is a need for the more powerful Switch yet (unless something like the Witcher 3 has a patch that allows it to hit the current docked performance in the new ones handheld for example, but even then it doesn't need to come out this year).

I think the more likely scenario is that Nintendo releases the cheaper model of the Switch because everything announced so far seems like it would play well enough on the current model and the smaller one isn't going to be a downgrade in power. Also, games like Zelda: Link's Awakening, Pokémon, and Animal Crossing have found themselves more in line with Nintendo's handheld gaming strategy rather than home console. So, it makes sense to try and drive sales through something more akin to this style of play. Top-down Zelda and Pokémon releasing alongside a purely handheld Nintendo console? Can you say money?

I could be incredibly wrong of course, but I reckon the 'Switch Mini' is going to be out in September or November, while the 'Switch Pro' will come in 2020 before the PS5 and Scarlett.
The latest article from WSJ over the weekend indicates that productions started on two devices. One that’s just handheld only and the other that’s called the pro version. Eurogamer were saying early in the year that they heard noise of revisions and a few Nintendo insiders have said the same thing. So I’d be surprised with all the noise coming out that there aren’t revisions this year. Also don’t see Nintendo doing a pro version next year before PS5 or Scarlett. As most their potential buyers for the pro version will probably be spending £500 for those other consoles. So this year it makes more sense to launch it.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
We’ll see, the original rumour had the insider saying they expected it to be unveiled at E3 which has obviously turned out not to have happened, and the latest one seemed like they just tacked it onto the story about production moving due to the tariffs.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happens but it feels a bit soon for me as they’ve got nothing to really sell the upgrade with at the moment. Feels like it’d work better alongside a big game like BotW 2 like @Adzzz said. I mean the Witcher 3 is great but it’s hardly going to be an upgrade seller
Totally agree, Witcher 3 is fantastic but is it a console seller, in particular a Nintendo console shifter? If/when the pro comes it'll need a game that will sell consoles, and at the moment Nintendo have at least two big console sellers in the pipeline both of which will work fine on the current model. So for me the switch pro makes sense with something like BOTW2 or Odyssey 2, Mario Kart 9 etc.

Havak

Pokemon master
The latest article from WSJ over the weekend indicates that productions started on two devices. One that’s just handheld only and the other that’s called the pro version. Eurogamer were saying early in the year that they heard noise of revisions and a few Nintendo insiders have said the same thing. So I’d be surprised with all the noise coming out that there aren’t revisions this year. Also don’t see Nintendo doing a pro version next year before PS5 or Scarlett. As most their potential buyers for the pro version will probably be spending £500 for those other consoles. So this year it makes more sense to launch it.
If they can release it more around Q1 2020 then I think it's more than likely to be honest, as I'm convinced the other consoles will release in Q4. I've never known a company to release two different versions of a console at the same time, or even in the same calendar year that I can remember off the top of my head. Could be a new strategy they're trying though to appeal to two sets of customers at the same time. I just find it hard to justify without a killer title (or preferably more than one) that at least almost requires you to buy the more powerful console - it's where the New 3DS kinda went tits up.

Bojan11

Nah the rumour started from WSJ last year said late summer to late winter, so who knows.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-04-nintendo-to-launch-updated-switch-next-year-report

But not just the pro version. Think of how many kids would just want the cheaper handheld version to play Pokemon. That will probably be the biggest seller this year if it does come out.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

For me:

• Crash Team Racing
  • Astral Chain
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield

Just Mario Maker and Link's Awakening for me. I still play BOTW every day so I don't have a huge need for many games :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

For me:

• Crash Team Racing
  • Astral Chain
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield

Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest 11
Crash Team Racing
Final Fantasy 8
Zelda - Links Awakening
Pokemon Sword/Shield

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
How many on here upgrading to the Switch pro? Looks like it’s not far off as production has started.
As devious hotel staff had conspired to rob me of my docking station, disguised as it was in plastic bags on the floor, I'm very much interested.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

For me:

• Crash Team Racing
  • Astral Chain
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Pokémon Sword & Shield

My pre-orders:
Mario Maker
Fire Emblem
Astral Chain
Link's Awakening
Pokemon Sword
Luigi's Mansion