Gaming Nintendo Switch

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
@duffer I remember you saying you interested. Does the lite interest you?
I got a proper one a couple of months ago! Just got Mario Maker but not really had a chance to play it much yet.

I've ended up playing much more on my TV than in handheld mode, which is the opposite of what I planned to do!

Castia

So the Switch Lite is priced at £200 after looking at the pre order pages from Amazon and GAME. Americans get it £40 cheaper.

If it was priced at £180 would have been a decent price.

Apparently the American price is before tax

They were complaining on Resetera before the Americans came in and explained it.

The U.K. usually get bundles anyway, for £200 I’d expect a game to be thrown in.

Bojan11

No Switch pro this year. There is update to the current switch coming but that seems like a small revision.

Most likely early next year for Switch pro probably Q1. As I doubt they’d want to release later in the year with what’s coming out next year.

Member 39557

Nintendo e-shop summer sale.
Some bargains to be had. All 16 bit era aficionados, an old classic called Flashback is on sale for £5.39.

A true classic of the era.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It's really brilliant, has the biggest thing Minecraft is missing, purpose.

The demo would be worth a crack, especially the demo of the first which gives a decent chunk of game to explore.
Already sold on my way to Smyths to buy it now, via GW. Oh dear.

decorativeed

Dragon quest builders 2 is my life now.
My son gets all of that stuff sent to him for free from his uncle who works for Square Enix in Japan. I'm not sure how much he's played any of it though.

I've never been a big player of RPGs myself, as I tend to either not know what I'm supposed to be doing or quickly lose interest in what I'm supposed to be doing. I think he might be the same.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Why is the switch lite portable only. Why not allow it to play docked

EvilChuck

Made a new level if anyone is interested. A lot more substance to this level over the last, but also a lot more challenging and requires a bit more quick thinking.

Also a token boss fight, that can be easy or difficult depending on what you do during the level before you reach it.

H1Q H2X 9XF

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It's a weird combination of things that make you think "huh, this could be fairly neat". Then you play it and... Oh!

All wrapped up in the beautifully bizarre world of Dragon Quest.
Yeah just wild. I’m smashing the story at the moment so I can unlock all the stuff then I’m gonna level all my building and build ridiculous palaces.

Kearnkoff69

Anyone here experience Joy-Con drift? I don't have a Switch myself (it's on my most wanted list but have other important financial outlays I need to make first) but one of my buddies has started getting extreme drift from the left thumbstick and apparently the Switch community on Reddit has had a wave of complaints about the same thing. Just poking around to see if anyone has also had this and found a solution - so far, he said Nintendo told him to send in the Joy-Con to get repaired but they didn't have any other suggestions.

decorativeed

Anyone here experience Joy-Con drift? I don't have a Switch myself (it's on my most wanted list but have other important financial outlays I need to make first) but one of my buddies has started getting extreme drift from the left thumbstick and apparently the Switch community on Reddit has had a wave of complaints about the same thing. Just poking around to see if anyone has also had this and found a solution - so far, he said Nintendo told him to send in the Joy-Con to get repaired but they didn't have any other suggestions.
Yeah, my son had the same issue, it meant the switch was pretty much unusable. The only solution was to send it back to Nintendo for repair. They add another 12 month warranty onto it though once it's fixed.