Gaming Nintendo Switch

Bojan11

New switch with larger battery life out in September.

My order of MUA3 was dispatched today. Review embargo ends tomorrow.

Kearnkoff69

Yeah, my son had the same issue, it meant the switch was pretty much unusable. The only solution was to send it back to Nintendo for repair. They add another 12 month warranty onto it though once it's fixed.
Cheers. Nice of them to add an extended warranty period like that!

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Anyone here experience Joy-Con drift? I don't have a Switch myself (it's on my most wanted list but have other important financial outlays I need to make first) but one of my buddies has started getting extreme drift from the left thumbstick and apparently the Switch community on Reddit has had a wave of complaints about the same thing. Just poking around to see if anyone has also had this and found a solution - so far, he said Nintendo told him to send in the Joy-Con to get repaired but they didn't have any other suggestions.
Yeah it's a pain, which makes me wonder about this lite model.

However, I find it's down to dirt getting under the stupid little gator thing on the stick, I've had success lifting it up with a toothpick and blowing air into them. Both my sets still work, but I find myself doing it more and more, though my gf reckons I'm now convincing myself it happens :lol:

It's the left joycon mainly too, I know they had issues with them early on with connections, I wonder if there's some slight issue? I might take one apart and have a little investigate.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Anyone here experience Joy-Con drift? I don't have a Switch myself (it's on my most wanted list but have other important financial outlays I need to make first) but one of my buddies has started getting extreme drift from the left thumbstick and apparently the Switch community on Reddit has had a wave of complaints about the same thing. Just poking around to see if anyone has also had this and found a solution - so far, he said Nintendo told him to send in the Joy-Con to get repaired but they didn't have any other suggestions.
I did, cleaned my Joy-Cons and it was fixed, pretty easy.

Actually, I'll pm you a YouTube video on how to do it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Mine is dead I think. I didn’t use it for 2-3 months as I was mostly at home, tried to charge it and it doesn’t go past 1%. I can turn it on and play while plugged but the battery does not charge. It’s out of warranty and service in Poland is almost non-existent so I guess I will have to buy a new one.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Mine is dead I think. I didn’t use it for 2-3 months as I was mostly at home, tried to charge it and it doesn’t go past 1%. I can turn it on and play while plugged but the battery does not charge. It’s out of warranty and service in Poland is almost non-existent so I guess I will have to buy a new one.
Wait till the one with better batteries comes out end of August, same cost, or if worried about cost go with the lite version.

b82REZ

This happened to me. At the time I was trying to charge by plugging into the bottom but it didn't seem to take any power so I left it docked for a day or so and when I came back it was fully charged.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
This happened to me. At the time I was trying to charge by plugging into the bottom but it didn't seem to take any power so I left it docked for a day or so and when I came back it was fully charged.
But his seem to be stuck at 1%, when it happened to me it wasn't turning on.

Sarni

Yeah apparently it’s not advisable to not use it for more than a week as then all sorts of problems can arise.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Something similar happened to me just recently after a long break. I thought it was toast but I left it plugged in all day after repeated attempts (similar to leaving it docked like above I guess) and now it’s working.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
In US the Amazon store has a promo on it, basically you get for 15$ then they send you an email in 7 days for a gift card worth 15$, you need to have amazon prime and have twitch prime connected to it(twitch prime is free with amazon prime).
So basically it's a deal that guarantees you spend 15$ on Amazon and gives you Starlink for free.
Ah cool nice one, good bargain hunting!

Sarni

Something similar happened to me just recently after a long break. I thought it was toast but I left it plugged in all day after repeated attempts (similar to leaving it docked like above I guess) and now it’s working.
Forgot to mention it but it actually worked today after I did the charge cycle for the fifth or sixth time. Fortunate.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Been playing a lot of Mario Maker lately. Absolutely love the speed run levels. So much fun to play.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Ok help please with this level... G0W 85C 11G

How do you get past the second big gap (after the Mushroom)? I've tried every jump, big Mario, little Mario, I just can't make it :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does no one else find Mario annoying as shit? Aside from Mario Kart which is great, obvs.

Anyway, I'm seriously looking at buying a Switch, almost entirely for Zelda. Should I hold off for this new one? There's a good a good chance I'll only get it for Zelda then sell it, so I might just get one off eBay now and sell it for a little loss (assuming prices will fall when the new one comes out).

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Does no one else find Mario annoying as shit? Aside from Mario Kart which is great, obvs.

Anyway, I'm seriously looking at buying a Switch, almost entirely for Zelda. Should I hold off for this new one? There's a good a good chance I'll only get it for Zelda then sell it, so I might just get one off eBay now and sell it for a little loss (assuming prices will fall when the new one comes out).
It won't go down in price and no improvement other than battery life.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Already have 50+ hours on it, this game will be for the whole life time of the switch and beyond.
Yeah it's great. Haven't made any levels yet though. Never played the original so have zero experience with creating my own levels. Got to start somewhere i suppose.

paulscholes18

Ok help please with this level... G0W 85C 11G

How do you get past the second big gap (after the Mushroom)? I've tried every jump, big Mario, little Mario, I just can't make it :lol:
No idea, can’t even make it that far. Only cleared the spikes once then couldn’t even clear the first gap

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
No idea, can’t even make it that far. Only cleared the spikes once then couldn’t even clear the first gap
To clear the first gap do a triple jump using the blocks as a guide for the first two, timing it so that so you do the forward flip right at the edge, then use the R button to do that spin thing when you're near the other side to reach it.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Cheers. Not sure how much the battery life matters to me. I may end up using it on long train journeys so it might. Guess I can use a power bank though.
it's a shame you only want it for Zelda considering all the game it has, what kind of games are you interested in?

paulscholes18

To clear the first gap do a triple jump using the blocks as a guide for the first two, timing it so that so you do the forward flip right at the edge, then use the R button to do that spin thing when you're near the other side to reach it.
No wonder it’s only been cleared 15/ 377221 times