Gaming Nintendo Switch

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Thanks man, from the responses I've received it seems like it's brilliant so think I will get one for sure. Just need to find the best deal on Black Friday!
Nintendo are a bit like Apple in that they rarely discount products because they have such good brand loyalty so I'm not sure how good a deal you'll actually get.

Honestly even at full price it's worth every penny. I'm away on hols at the moment and being able to just play top quality games on the switch during flights and downtime is amazing. It's the best fecking console ever made.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nintendo are a bit like Apple in that they rarely discount products because they have such good brand loyalty so I'm not sure how good a deal you'll actually get.

Honestly even at full price it's worth every penny. I'm away on hols at the moment and being able to just play top quality games on the switch during flights and downtime is amazing. It's the best fecking console ever made.
Aye I had a quick look and couldn't see any bundle offers or anything at the moment, was even just hoping to see if I could get some sort of offer with the new Pokemon and Mario games. It's had rave reviews and with yourself and others commenting on how good it is it makes me really want to get one.

Balljy

A video where a Nintendo designer plays user uploaded SMM2 levels. I really wish they had stuck in a couple of really bad levels just to see his reaction.

JohnZSmith27

Aye I had a quick look and couldn't see any bundle offers or anything at the moment, was even just hoping to see if I could get some sort of offer with the new Pokemon and Mario games. It's had rave reviews and with yourself and others commenting on how good it is it makes me really want to get one.
Decent price for the console in Asda. £240.

Wal2Fra

I've been considering it, though I think I'd find the nation limitations an issue.
Also the running speed. I had a save with all English leagues, french 1st & 2nd & Spain 1st and 2nd and after 3 seasons everything started to run really slowly. The game starts with a game speed of 3 but obviously just got slower and slower.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
In two hours' time there's a 20 minutes livestream of upcoming indie titles.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Excited to see how Sports Story turns out, and Axiom Verge 2.
Has anyone played Dauntless?

Donut

If I only plan to play handheld should I just get the Lite then?

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
You mean get the one that's specifically made for people who only want handheld gaming and is quite a bit cheaper?

Tough call ;)
I would be a bit worried about the fixed joycons - if you get the drift issue there, you'll have to send in the whole console.

Havak

Pokemon master
Drift could exist on Lites but I think we'll have to wait and see. It depends on how much a person uses the console over time I think, as there aren't usually reports of drift until the product has been used for a few years? Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I haven't seen reports of someone buying a joy-con and experiencing bad drifting issues within days.

My Joy-Con is finally experiencing the issue and is rather annoying, but it is my launch day one (bought this Switch with these controller on release day) and it has taken until this year before it started to happen. I first started to notice it when playing the Mario Tennis demo, but luckily I'm only expecting to be playing Pokémon for a while so the drift issue isn't a big deal for me and it's my birthday in January where my other half is buying me some new ones anyway. It was quite annoying in Mario Tennis though I will admit, as I could move to one side of the court to hit a shot and whilst waiting for the opponent to take their shot, my character would be walking off the court and made it impossible to get back to the other side :lol:

I've played 1000+ hours on my Switch though before getting the drift issue, so I hope this is at least the norm for it and not seeing the issue almost immediately.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Drift could exist on Lites but I think we'll have to wait and see. It depends on how much a person uses the console over time I think, as there aren't usually reports of drift until the product has been used for a few years? Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I haven't seen reports of someone buying a joy-con and experiencing bad drifting issues within days.

My Joy-Con is finally experiencing the issue and is rather annoying, but it is my launch day one (bought this Switch with these controller on release day) and it has taken until this year before it started to happen. I first started to notice it when playing the Mario Tennis demo, but luckily I'm only expecting to be playing Pokémon for a while so the drift issue isn't a big deal for me and it's my birthday in January where my other half is buying me some new ones anyway. It was quite annoying in Mario Tennis though I will admit, as I could move to one side of the court to hit a shot and whilst waiting for the opponent to take their shot, my character would be walking off the court and made it impossible to get back to the other side :lol:

I've played 1000+ hours on my Switch though before getting the drift issue, so I hope this is at least the norm for it and not seeing the issue almost immediately.
You can fix them in 5mins. You just need a kit from amazon (think mine was a fiver), it's really easy.

Havak

Pokemon master
You can fix them in 5mins. You just need a kit from amazon (think mine was a fiver), it's really easy.
Oh, really?

Maybe this is just being blown massively out of proportion then because people like to overreact.

I was going to keep these Joy-Cons anyway, it's the Purple/Orange ones I'll be getting as a present which I'm quite fond of so will switch to using them myself anyway, but it'll be nice to have fully functional spares for multiplayer rather than giving my friends the dodgy one whenever they come round :lol: although most could just bring their Pro Controller anyway...

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Oh, really?

Maybe this is just being blown massively out of proportion then because people like to overreact.

I was going to keep these Joy-Cons anyway, it's the Purple/Orange ones I'll be getting as a present which I'm quite fond of so will switch to using them myself anyway, but it'll be nice to have fully functional spares for multiplayer rather than giving my friends the dodgy one whenever they come round :lol:
I don't think it's been blown out of proportion as such, I think it's more unexpected of Nintendo than anything. Plus the design is the problem, that little sleeve under the stick lets in too much crap, it's odd.

But anyway, yep it's a cheap and very easy fix so you don't have to bin them.

(Using broken ones to feck over your friends on games is 100% allowed too though btw, gamer house rules ;))

GBBQ

Anyone played Alien Isolation on the switch? I never got it for the PS4 so am thinking of getting it for Switch but not sure if handheld mode would work with it or if it needs to be docked?

Also pre-ordered Doctor kawashima's brain training, my house mates used to have this on the DS back in the day so will bring back some competitive memories!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So I decided to buy a Switch but upon looking around online it seems that every other cocker has too! There's no stock anywhere, I didn't realise they were still so sought after.

I wouldn't mind but I saw loads of good bundle deals on black Friday. So any ideas where to get one or when they'll be back in stock?

b82REZ

So I decided to buy a Switch but upon looking around online it seems that every other cocker has too! There's no stock anywhere, I didn't realise they were still so sought after.

I wouldn't mind but I saw loads of good bundle deals on black Friday. So any ideas where to get one or when they'll be back in stock?
I'd imagine there will be a shortage of stock until end of January. I know a few people who bought them for their kids and with the new Pokemon coming out before Xmas I'd imagine there was a huge demand for them.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd imagine there will be a shortage of stock until end of January. I know a few people who bought them for their kids and with the new Pokemon coming out before Xmas I'd imagine there was a huge demand for them.
Mad considering its been out 2 years. I thought I was late to the party and there would be plenty of stock! Think you're right, most places say back in stock 2020.

Rudie

Mentary
I received a switch for mas and absolutely love it! I'll be looking to build my games library as I've started out with Mario Kart, a must for me, however, Luigi or Zelda next? :)

Sweet Square

Anyone played Alien Isolation on the switch? I never got it for the PS4 so am thinking of getting it for Switch but not sure if handheld mode would work with it or if it needs to be docked?
Being playing it the last few days on handheld mode and its brilliant.

ovoxo

I received a switch for mas and absolutely love it! I'll be looking to build my games library as I've started out with Mario Kart, a must for me, however, Luigi or Zelda next? :)
I didn’t really enjoy Zelda breath of the wild, I must be one of the few. I never really played the Zelda franchise before though, so perhaps that’s something to do with it. I did enjoy Links Awakening though!

Luigi is a must grab I think. Super Mario Odyssey is another. Pokemon Sword/Shield is fun if you enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Yoshi’s crafted world is pretty good too.

AkaAkuma

Would a 2nd hand one be a risk? I don't want to invest too much in one, I'd play FIFA every now and then and the rest of the time would be my 6 year old.