Gaming Nintendo Switch

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Amazing how much Sunshine is going for these days. I sold mine for £15 a few years ago :(

Also, CEX as a retail outlet tends to inflate its prices because they know people typically set the cost of traded-in products against new products. It's why brand new traded-in games usually cost the same (or more!) as they do brand spanking new - they know you're not paying the same price.

It's also the case for older games because they're usually the only place on the high street selling them.

GAME is their only rival but GAME has higher overheads, hence why it's usually a total rip-off and CEX seems cheap (it's not really).

Adamsk7

Can’t wait to get 3D Allstars. It’s not good value in the sense that I’ve played and owned all those games but I WILL sink at least 40 hours in across them all (if not more) and to have them portable will be a huge plus. Galaxy 2 is my favourite amongst those games though so it’s a shame we aren’t getting that

Havak

Pokemon master
I think it's actually a good thing they're emulated. It means they have gone to the effort of building new emulators for Switch for three consoles. I would hope the reason for this is to make it easier to bring over N64, GameCube and Wii games (particularly when I think we'll see a lot of Zelda re-releases soon).

b82REZ

I think it's actually a good thing they're emulated. It means they have gone to the effort of building new emulators for Switch for three consoles. I would hope the reason for this is to make it easier to bring over N64, GameCube and Wii games (particularly when I think we'll see a lot of Zelda re-releases soon).
Suggests we might get VC in the future. Still not holding my breath though. This was probably done so they can port Zelda games next year for its anniversary.

Havak

Pokemon master
Suggests we might get VC in the future. Still not holding my breath though. This was probably done so they can port Zelda games next year for its anniversary.
Yeah, I still think it's a much bigger effort to build the emulator than outright port the games. I would think that they have more planned than just a Zelda collection, but yeah, it is Nintendo...

b82REZ

Yeah, I still think it's a much bigger effort to build the emulator than outright port the games. I would think that they have more planned than just a Zelda collection, but yeah, it is Nintendo...
Nintendo do have some quality standards so them building an emulator is more likely just so 3d didn't run and look like shit on HD TVs as thay would affect sales.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Hagi is likely an updated version of Dolphin. Emulators aren't as tricky as people imagine, I've worked on one or two in the past myself, in fact I still have the all the source and SDK for Dolphin here somewhere, it wouldn't take a huge effort (apart from trying to remember after 15+ years :lol:) for me to do the same.

Unless they full remaster, porting games is a similar technique anyway, so building a new emulator in prep for more games released this way (like Zeldas you say) makes a lot of sense.

Bojan11

My 3D all stars is arriving today. I am getting the digital version. Just keeping the disc as maybe one day it might be worth something.

As the PS5 pre order fiasco is taking all the news, ShopTo actually cancelled peoples preorder for it as they did not get enough stock. Did you get yours @esmufc07?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
My 3D all stars is arriving today. I am getting the digital version. Just keeping the disc as maybe one day it might be worth something.

As the PS5 pre order fiasco is taking all the news, ShopTo actually cancelled peoples preorder for it as they did not get enough stock. Did you get yours @esmufc07?
It’s coming today from Amazon!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Mine is allegedly too.

However it says by 11pm and even though says it was dispatched yesterday, it's not saying it's out yet today. Going by past performances, that could mean trouble.
Yeah did that to me with the Resident Evil 2 remake so I won't hold my breath.

I'm starting Until Dawn tonight anyway so no rush for this one.

Redlambs

Yeah did that to me with the Resident Evil 2 remake so I won't hold my breath.

I'm starting Until Dawn tonight anyway so no rush for this one.
I've also got a couple of glass protectors for phones coming today, and both are pushed to 9pm too. I'm hoping it's to move the packages together, but in reality I know better. That dumb arse depot has fecked it again more likely.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My copy of 3D all stars arrived this morning from simply games.

Not sure if I want to open the shrink wrap or not!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Dunno what the preorder fuss was about Smyths by me had loads in stock this morning!

b82REZ

I've also got a couple of glass protectors for phones coming today, and both are pushed to 9pm too. I'm hoping it's to move the packages together, but in reality I know better. That dumb arse depot has fecked it again more likely.
I have the same time showing on the app but had an email saying my copy has been delivered so might just be a problem with the app.

Redlambs

I have the same time showing on the app but had an email saying my copy has been delivered so might just be a problem with the app.
I'm using the web, but yeah hopefully it's just the system.

I've had a fair few things go wrong with them lately though, and this is always what happens first. However for so many of us to be getting it, gives me hope.

b82REZ

I'm using the web, but yeah hopefully it's just the system.

I've had a fair few things go wrong with them lately though, and this is always what happens first. However for so many of us to be getting it, gives me hope.
App updated to show as delivered now.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’m so excited to play Mario 64 again later, comparing it to Odyssey is a prime example of how no matter how much more polished a game is, it doesn’t make it a better game. It’s incredible how 64 still stands on its own as a great game even today.

b82REZ

Fingers crossed for you!

I think with mine they've tried to put all orders into one delivery now. I'm getting a time (2-6) but it's all over the place for changing. Like I say, through experience that isn't a good sign.
I've had that problem in the past. I think the amount of deliveries depends on whether its being shipped from the local warehouse or the the national one.

Cloud7

Finally decided to get Xenoblade Chronicles and I’ve really been enjoying it thus far. Happy to see that there’s a part two as well when I get done with this.