Gaming Nintendo Switch

Rustyspider13

Nintendo being Nintendo and not giving us WW with SS. Still excited as I didn't own a WiiU. I'm sure they will eventually port every notable WiiU game, just Xenoblade X and WWHD left. Just maximizing that cash.

Mario Golf, Legend of Mana and Triangle Strategy (classic square-enix name) made this direct for me. Interested in World's End Club and Famicom Detective Club too. Overall a solid showing, even if it wasn't mind blowing.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
They will probably wait a while, if they released it close to Skyward Sword some people would choose between them, spacing them out means more people will buy both.
I hated the gimmicky motion controls for Skyward sword. I just hope that it controls ok with the pro controller.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Still no news on Mario Galaxy 2 getting a release either. I love Nintendo dearly, but they are so frustrating at times.

Havak

Pokemon master
Sadly a weak Direct for me in terms of stuff I didn't know of prior. The only game I'll consider getting that was newly announced is the Mario Golf game. It looks closer to the GameCube one than the last few, which is a good thing as that was fun and the last actual really good Mario Golf. Race mode seems like it will be hilarious too.

Rooney1987

Shocked they don't have anything for the Pokemon 25th anniversary coming, thought they'd announce something today for it. I've seem rumours of Lets Go Gold/Silver.

Rustyspider13

Shocked they don't have anything for the Pokemon 25th anniversary coming, thought they'd announce something today for it. I've seem rumours of Lets Go Gold/Silver.
Well Pokemon Day is on the 27th, so they may still announce something this month. I've seen rumors of the new game being Diamond/Pearl remake.

Havak

Pokemon master
Pokemon will have its own specific show next week, probably multiple announcements throughout the week.

Havak

Pokemon master
Yeah, I think it was clear that those games would always get re-released, it's just a case of how Nintendo decides to spread out the releases to give each game a decent period of sales.

I was always under the impression that Nintendo would probably go with Skyward Sword HD as a standalone early this year (it's now confirmed for July but I thought it would have been May or June).

The others might be a double pack of Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD (probably a limited release from Autumn until the end of March 2022, when it would be pulled like Mario 3D All-Stars). Then, Nintendo would probably release them again as single games :lol:

The other is surely Breath of the Wild 2. I thought this would be the big late November 2021 game - it still could be. But now, I'm thinking it will be pushed back until March 2022, with the WW/TP pack being the holiday 2021 release.

There might be more, but I think July to March and three releases (technically four games) is enough. If they do something else, it will be smaller games coming to the Online Service or eShop. Maybe some kind of Zelda 35 game, like the Mario one etc.

I'll be surprised if they do some other kind of collection like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Zelda & Zelda 2 etc as a set. It's possible, but I can't imagine they release nearly every big Zelda game in the space of 8-9 months.

b82REZ

Yeah, I think it was clear that those games would always get re-released, it's just a case of how Nintendo decides to spread out the releases to give each game a decent period of sales.

I was always under the impression that Nintendo would probably go with Skyward Sword HD as a standalone early this year (it's now confirmed for July but I thought it would have been May or June).

The others might be a double pack of Wind Waker & Twilight Princess HD (probably a limited release from Autumn until the end of March 2022, when it would be pulled like Mario 3D All-Stars). Then, Nintendo would probably release them again as single games :lol:

The other is surely Breath of the Wild 2. I thought this would be the big late November 2021 game - it still could be. But now, I'm thinking it will be pushed back until March 2022, with the WW/TP pack being the holiday 2021 release.

There might be more, but I think July to March and three releases (technically four games) is enough. If they do something else, it will be smaller games coming to the Online Service or eShop. Maybe some kind of Zelda 35 game, like the Mario one etc.

I'll be surprised if they do some other kind of collection like Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Zelda & Zelda 2 etc as a set. It's possible, but I can't imagine they release nearly every big Zelda game in the space of 8-9 months.
They said BOTW won't be this year but they hope to have news to share later in the year.

I hope they Majora's Mask. Always wanted to play that.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
They said BOTW won't be this year but they hope to have news to share later in the year.

arguably the best one, grab a cheap 3ds and play it!

Havak

Pokemon master
Will the Zelda games be remastered therefore look a lot better?
Yes, most have been already before.

Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask are on the 3DS and look far better than the N64 version.

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are on the Wii U and look far better than the GameCube/Wii versions.

Skyward Sword will be a huge improvement too.

Any games they release from this list on Switch will be at least slightly better performing and better resolution.

b82REZ

Will the Zelda games be remastered therefore look a lot better?
I didn't think Skyward Sword looked very good graphically during the direct.

You can definitely tell it was a Wii game originally in the footage they showed last night.

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master

They never specifically said BotW2 isn't coming out this year, just that they won't be sharing an update until a bit later (probably what is traditionally e3 time).

However, with the above Tweets from the guy who was right about the 3D All Star Mario collection saying they are coming this year, it's at least somewhat safe to assume that BotW2 is most likely to be the game pushed into early 2022.

There's still a chance it could be the other way around though as he could have slight misinformation. For example, his source could be talking about Nintendo's fiscal year.

I do still believe that all of SS, WW, TP and BotW2 will all release in Nintendo's next fiscal year (April 21-March 22).

b82REZ

They never specifically said BotW2 isn't coming out this year, just that they won't be sharing an update until a bit later (probably what is traditionally e3 time).

However, with the above Tweets from the guy who was right about the 3D All Star Mario collection saying they are coming this year, it's at least somewhat safe to assume that BotW2 is most likely to be the game pushed into early 2022.

There's still a chance it could be the other way around though as he could have slight misinformation. For example, his source could be talking about Nintendo's fiscal year.

I do still believe that all of SS, WW, TP and BotW2 will all release in Nintendo's next fiscal year (April 21-March 22).
I hope you're right but I think BoTW 2 is more likely to be released Q3 or Q4 2022. If there was any chance it was this year, they would have shown something last night.

12-18 months of Zelda remasters will likely satisfy most people in the meantime.

Havak

Pokemon master
I hope you're right but I think BoTW 2 is more likely to be released Q3 or Q4 2022. If there was any chance it was this year, they would have shown something last night.

12-18 months of Zelda remasters will likely satisfy most people in the meantime.
Yeah, either way they'll be a large amount of Zelda games and other things throughout the year. Probably even a special edition console too.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Skyward Sword was what I wanted it they delivered. But man does it look rough. Crazy that Windwaker is older but looks far, far better in terms of visuals

Havak

Pokemon master

It could have been improved a lot more, but I think it does look so much nicer. People's memory of a game visually is often exaggerated.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Just watched the Direct. Not that exciting for me.
Am I the only one finding the scantily clad animé ladies more and more cringy?

Also, what kind of working title is "Project Triangle Strategy"? Surely there's a better word than "triangle" relating to the number three?

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
The best bit of news for me personally was the announcement of Fire & Ice a.k.a. Solomon's Key 2 to Nintendo Switch Online. I had been trying to recall the name of this game for years and years, I've scoured wikipedia for it on several occasions with no success...until yesterday. The reason it's lived on in my mind is actually one of disappointment. One of my friends bought it and it looked like an exciting fantasy game judging by the cover and the overworld in the game looked rad as well but the actual gameplay wasn't as exciting as we'd hoped, in fact it was a pure puzzle game.

Woodzy

Just watched the Direct. Not that exciting for me.
Am I the only one finding the scantily clad animé ladies more and more cringy?

Also, what kind of working title is "Project Triangle Strategy"? Surely there's a better word than "triangle" relating to the number three?
Triad instantly springs to mind.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The best bit of news for me personally was the announcement of Fire & Ice a.k.a. Solomon's Key 2 to Nintendo Switch Online. I had been trying to recall the name of this game for years and years, I've scoured wikipedia for it on several occasions with no success...until yesterday. The reason it's lived on in my mind is actually one of disappointment. One of my friends bought it and it looked like an exciting fantasy game judging by the cover and the overworld in the game looked rad as well but the actual gameplay wasn't as exciting as we'd hoped, in fact it was a pure puzzle game.

I know that game mate. It's called Solomon's Key 2.

The Solomon I think refers to the biblical king, Solomon, who was purported to be very wise and ruled over the kingdoms of Israel and Judah in ancient times. He was the son of David, who we know best for his feat besting the goliath (and being a very talented musician by all accounts).

A key is a small piece of sharpened metal designed to fit the wards of a lock so as to ensure it can be opened and closed. Magic, if you ask me.

The 2 presumably refers to it being the second game in the series but could also be a nod to its spiritual meaning - balance and harmony.

Combining these together you get Solomon's Key 2 which, as I've mentioned, is the name of the game.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Triad instantly springs to mind.
Yeah or trinity or triumvirate or something. Bloody "triangle", fecking hell.

But is it a thing in Japanese games? Bravely Default seems to be named after game mechanics as well.

b82REZ

Is Little Nightmares worth it?

Been intrigued by it since the new one dropped and the original is on sale for £7.50. Torn between that and Inside.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is Little Nightmares worth it?

Been intrigued by it since the new one dropped and the original is on sale for £7.50. Torn between that and Inside.
I might get it at that price. It was £17.50 recently... would love someone's opinion on it though!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Is Limbo good? That's like £2.50 and Messenger is also only £8! Might have pick up these and Little Nightmares!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just taken Celeste as far as my skills will allow (finished base game and all B sides). The C sides and chapter 9 are beyond me. Time to move on.

I've been clearing my back catalogue, and just when I cleared it, I went and bought 4 games :lol:

Which one of these 4 to play next?

Mario Odyssey
Limbo
Messenger
Little Nightmares

Moby

Dick
Just taken Celeste as far as my skills will allow (finished base game and all B sides). The C sides and chapter 9 are beyond me. Time to move on.

I've been clearing my back catalogue, and just when I cleared it, I went and bought 4 games :lol:

Which one of these 4 to play next?

Mario Odyssey
Limbo
Messenger
Little Nightmares
Limbo is awesome.