Gaming Nintendo Switch

celia

Is the Switch lite good? I’m getting pissed off waiting for the PS5 and need a fix in the meantime.
It is ok, the first time I used it, I found it so light as if it was more a toy because I compared it to the first Switch. But I read some may suffer of drift and people complain it is harder to read some text. I only use it to play Pokémon as a second Switch.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It is ok, the first time I used it, I found it so light as if it was more a toy because I compared it to the first Switch. But I read some may suffer of drift and people complain it is harder to read some text. I only use it to play Pokémon as a second Switch.
thanks, that’s what put me off - the text size. The graphics looked amazing for a console so small, particularly with Zelda but too small to appreciate it fully. I think I’ll try find a deal on the console version.

Balljy

thanks, that’s what put me off - the text size. The graphics looked amazing for a console so small, particularly with Zelda but too small to appreciate it fully. I think I’ll try find a deal on the console version.
The pixels per inch is actually higher on the Switch Lite due to the slightly smaller screen so the trade-off is smaller text but at higher density. The bezels are also smaller and I find it more immersive to play versus the console version because of those things when undocked.

The big problem with it is it can't be docked. I know that's obvious but I bought mine thinking it will be something I only ever use when out and about but with lockdown have been annoyed that I can't hook it up to the TV occasionally. Overall I think the Lite works far better as a portable console and the non-Lite version as a docked console.

Drainy

There's a new monster hunter?!?!

Insert shut up and take my money gif.
Been playing it over the weekend. Its pretty sweet!

The wire bugs and Palamutes are amazing and have made movement around the map so fun, as well as blending in well with the established combat mechanics. Additionally the reworks of the Switch Axe and Hunting Horn have made them feel so satisfying.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Monster Hunter Rise is so addicting. It's my first game in the series and I'm having a blast with it. There is still a lot of mechanics that I don't quite understand yet, but it's more accessible than I expected.

Drainy

Monster Hunter Rise is so addicting. It's my first game in the series and I'm having a blast with it. There is still a lot of mechanics that I don't quite understand yet, but it's more accessible than I expected.
What weapon are you using?

It's definitely more forgiving than previous games and the mobility of getting around the maps will make it hard to go back to Monster Hunter World

unplayable

What weapon are you using?

It's definitely more forgiving than previous games and the mobility of getting around the maps will make it hard to go back to Monster Hunter World
Played around with the switch axe and long sword, but settled on the dual blades for now.

edit: Completed my Magnamalo armor set last night, which was very satisfying. :drool:

Drainy

Played around with the switch axe and long sword, but settled on the dual blades for now.

edit: Completed my Magnamalo armor set last night, which was very satisfying. :drool:
Ah sweet, not used dual blades in Rise.
I remember using it a lot in MH4U (my first game I the series) it being very mobile and quick with less commitment to animations than other weapons, without losing too much damage compared to other weapons while in archdemon mode.

You're a lot further in the game than me! I've only just beaten the first Rampage :lol:

unplayable

You're a lot further in the game than me! I've only just beaten the first Rampage :lol:
Played ~20 hours since I bought it on saturday which is absolutely crazy since I usually never play nearly that much even in a full week. :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Retromania Wrestling is out on the switch now for anyone that remembers the old Wrestlefest arcade game from way back. It's essentially a sequel to that.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Currently looking at Luigi’s Mansion 3 on eBay and hoping to pick it up for £30 ish. Would that be worth buying?

I also have a proper craving to try a Pokemon game again. Has anyone played Pokemon sword. The last Pokemon game I played was Fire Red back on my game boy many moons ago but just wondering if the new ones are anything like that.

Sara125

Currently looking at Luigi’s Mansion 3 on eBay and hoping to pick it up for £30 ish. Would that be worth buying?

I also have a proper craving to try a Pokemon game again. Has anyone played Pokemon sword. The last Pokemon game I played was Fire Red back on my game boy many moons ago but just wondering if the new ones are anything like that.
Fire red is one of my favourites :drool: I commend your good taste! There is A LOT more you can do in the newer games- new ways of gaining exp. points, a lot more things to do post-credits, competitive gaming (via the wifi services), new ways of evolution and different forms of some pokemon’s evolved forms etc. But the format for sword & shield is the same in terms of beating 8 gyms to get to the elite 4 (though the elite 4 set up is quite different in sword & shield)

TrustInJanuzaj

Fire red is one of my favourites :drool: I commend your good taste! There is A LOT more you can do in the newer games- new ways of gaining exp. points, a lot more things to do post-credits, competitive gaming (via the wifi services), new ways of evolution and different forms of some pokemon’s evolved forms etc. But the format for sword & shield is the same in terms of beating 8 gyms to get to the elite 4 (though the elite 4 set up is quite different in sword & shield)
You’d say overall it’s still fun though? I used to love the grind on the old games of catching the Pokemon I want and training them to the max level.

Sara125

You’d say overall it’s still fun though? I used to love the grind on the old games of catching the Pokemon I want and training them to the max level.
With all the different things you can do it’s definitely fun overall. But I agree with you about grinding; I think I’ve even mentioned before in the pokemon strumfest thread that I miss the novelty of having to grind to level up your Pokemon because it’s way too easy now to gain exp. points

TrustInJanuzaj

With all the different things you can do it’s definitely fun overall. But I agree with you about grinding; I think I’ve even mentioned before in the pokemon strumfest thread that I miss the novelty of having to grind to level up your Pokemon because it’s way too easy now to gain exp. points
Thanks anyway, I have heard it’s pretty easy but I’ll give it a go. Feel like I’ll enjoy it on nostalgia alone. Wish I could just play Fire Red on switch though!

Cloud7

Finally got around to buying FE3H. Have to say this game is really good, and I can see why it’s so popular. In only at chapter 5 in the main story, but I took a break to play the side story.

Some of these missions are so engaging, I get sucked in without any concept of the world passing around me.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So has anyone played Luigi’s Mansion 3?
Yes. I didn't enjoy it at all. Just didn't see the point of it.

It was very easy, the controls were a bit shit and obviously minimal narrative. Did have some funny moments though.

But I'm in the minority as many people do like it.

TrustInJanuzaj

Thanks guys, it’s primarily for my girlfriend so I need it to be relatively assessable.

celia

Some people complain the story of the new Pokémon is bad, but I am not convinced people play Pokémon for the story. The main story takes about 16-18 hours but completing the Galar pokédex takes more time. And there are also pvp (Nintendo Online is required for pvp, online trades within the game but not for most of the events and you can do free online trades with the application Pokémon Home), the DLC (catching shiny/legendary pokémon). The main story is also easier than some previous games, there is no cave/puzzles by example and we can catch pokémon without battling them if we are lucky. But catching pokémon in raids is longer and can be more a challlenge when we are alone (helped with some NPC).

Thanks anyway, I have heard it’s pretty easy but I’ll give it a go. Feel like I’ll enjoy it on nostalgia alone. Wish I could just play Fire Red on switch though!
Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee is an adaptation of Pokémon Yellow with another MC with a kind rival (it is like the story of Red happened to another MC but we can still meet Red, Blue and Green that are older than the MC). The other main change is there is no battle to catch nearly all pokémon, we just throw at the rigth time the pokéball (like Pokémon Go).

Finally got around to buying FE3H. Have to say this game is really good, and I can see why it’s so popular. In only at chapter 5 in the main story, but I took a break to play the side story.
Which house have you picked first?
It may have been better to continue first the main story because the side story adds more jobs and some of the stages are some nice changes from the main story. Well this only if you plan to play the main story 3-4 times.

Cloud7

Which house have you picked first?
It may have been better to continue first the main story because the side story adds more jobs and some of the stages are some nice changes from the main story. Well this only if you plan to play the main story 3-4 times.
Edelgard. I think with my desires not my mind. I decided to do the side story now because of the new jobs and stuff. It is pretty damn hard though, like much harder than anything I’ve dealt with in the base game thus far. I’m currently about to start chapter 6. I figure I will play the main story multiple times and explore the three houses.

Cloud7

Edelgard. I think with my desires not my mind. I decided to do the side story now because of the new jobs and stuff. It is pretty damn hard though, like much harder than anything I’ve dealt with in the base game thus far. I’m currently about to start chapter 6. I figure I will play the main story multiple times and explore the three houses.
Addendum to this chapter six is a nightmare. Taking a break from this DLC and going back to the base game.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Just over 250 hours spent completing Cuphead. Perhaps what I lack in skill I make up for with sheer perseverance.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Just over 250 hours spent completing Cuphead. Perhaps what I lack in skill I make up for with sheer perseverance.
I want to try that game someday. The animation and art style also look stunning, paying homage to the Fleischer Studios cartoons of the 1930s based on my search.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I want to try that game someday. The animation and art style also look stunning, paying homage to the Fleischer Studios cartoons of the 1930s based on my search.

I need to get this but still have to finish Mario Odyssey, Messenger and Little Nightmares first. Don't want to stack up too many games.

Mario is nearly done. I've done the main campaign but want to do dark and darker sides before putting it down. Doubt I'll attempt to get every moon though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter Rise. It's not as cool as World if you ask me, but still great fun.

unplayable

The first update for Monster Hunter Rise was released yesterday. It adds several new monsters and your hunter rank is finally uncapped. Next update will be released in May and will finish the story of the game and add several new monsters. Really like how they keep giving me reasons to go back to the game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The first update for Monster Hunter Rise was released yesterday. It adds several new monsters and your hunter rank is finally uncapped. Next update will be released in May and will finish the story of the game and add several new monsters. Really like how they keep giving me reasons to go back to the game.
Oooh, there's an update already? Awesome. I've only reached high rank a while ago, but then I can keep going for some time yet.

unplayable

I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter Rise. It's not as cool as World if you ask me, but still great fun.
How many Monster Hunter games have you played and how would you compare Rises difficultly to them? This is my first game in the series and I've always heard that it's really difficult, but I haven't had many problems yet and it's definitely not because I'm an expert gamer. :D

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How many Monster Hunter games have you played and how would you compare Rises difficultly to them? This is my first game in the series and I've always heard that it's really difficult, but I haven't had many problems yet and it's definitely not because I'm an expert gamer. :D
I played 3 on the PSP (I think) and Generations Ultimate X or whatever it's called on 3ds. Both world and Rise are more accessible and easier, but that's just a good thing imho. The old ones were clunky and very cumbersome int he gathering and crafting department.

Rise so far has been really quite easy thpugh, but with World all the hard stuff came later.

youngrell

Can anyone recommend somewhere to swap/sell gaming gift cards, please?

My son has a Nintendo eShop card but no longer has his Switch.