Gaming Nintendo Switch

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Completed Odyssey apart from the 2 optional worlds at the end. Will definitely replay it a lot as I had so much fun throughout. Absolutely loved the final world and the ending was perhaps the best hour of gaming I've had since ps3 days.

In the reviews I'd seen they bigged up Metro Kingdom so much so I was slightly underwhelmed by it by the time I had finished because I thought there would be way more stuff to do in it. If I went into it blind it might have ended up being my favourite but I don't think you can get much better than the last chapter.

K Stand Knut

Get the switch online membership (like £16 a year) which gets you 20 of the best SNES games. Show them what sorts of games you had as a kid and get them to play Mario World.
thanks for this mate.

is this the same one that you can buy with the expansion pack for about £35?

looks decent and nostalgic at worst

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
thanks for this mate.

is this the same one that you can buy with the expansion pack for about £35?

looks decent and nostalgic at worst
Yep. The more expensive expansion pack has the N64 and sega genesis consoles as well. I bought it because I wanted to play Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time again.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I've about 2 hours into the adventure mode on Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Got to say, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I absolutely loved SSB Melee but this game feels way more hectic and there's just too much happening on the screen. All the levels/challenges have been pretty repetetive too which hasn't helped.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I've about 2 hours into the adventure mode on Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Got to say, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I absolutely loved SSB Melee but this game feels way more hectic and there's just too much happening on the screen. All the levels/challenges have been pretty repetetive too which hasn't helped.
You're right. I used to play smash online with friends quite a lot and very few of us finished the main story. Those first 2 hours are basically the same as the next 18 hours and it all gets a little repetitive.

Have you tried it online yet? That's where the meat and bones of smash is IMO

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You're right. I used to play smash online with friends quite a lot and very few of us finished the main story. Those first 2 hours are basically the same as the next 18 hours and it all gets a little repetitive.

You better hope you don't run into my Kazuya online... Or BAM!! you're dead!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

I will do. I just don't want to jump into online yet because I'm so shit and can only do like 4 moves.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Have Zelda BoTW coming through today,lookong forward to playing it.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Have Zelda BoTW coming through today,lookong forward to playing it.
I would love to be able to play it for the first time again. Don't spoil yourself by watching gameplay online if you can help it. It's great to figure out how everything works on your own in this.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I would love to be able to play it for the first time again. Don't spoil yourself by watching gameplay online if you can help it. It's great to figure out how everything works on your own in this.
Cheers, will do.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Bought the pro controller from Curry's online yesterday after watching a load of reviews calling it one of the best gaming controllers ever. I don't even really need it as I've been pretty happy with using the joy con holder and it's more a purchase out of curiosity. Can it really be that good?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Bought the pro controller from Curry's online yesterday after watching a load of reviews calling it one of the best gaming controllers ever. I don't even really need it as I've been pretty happy with using the joy con holder and it's more a purchase out of curiosity. Can it really be that good?
It's decent but overrated. You wouldn't expect such a good controller from Nintendo these days. And for the most part aren't likely to be using it for long fps gaming sessions so it gets away with things a little bit.

Not as good as Xbox or dualshock but definitely a decent option.

decorativeed

I noticed Tescos are selling loads of Switch stuff at a discount at the moment as I think they are stopping selling it. The Pro Controller was £30, Joy Cons were £40 a pair, Breath of the Wild £35 and Mario Maker 2 was £22. Some decent bargains there.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I noticed Tescos are selling loads of Switch stuff at a discount at the moment as I think they are stopping selling it. The Pro Controller was £30, Joy Con's were £40 a pair, Breath of the Wild £35 and Mario Maker 2 was £22. Some decent bargains there.
Can't see anything online. Would have been nice to know that last night when I bought the controller and mario maker 2. Nevermind!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Just finished the two Ori games, and I'm blown away. They were magnificent, absolutely beautiful and for someone not used to platformers also quite challenging. I can't think of any other game that made me so emotional, they hit right in the feels.

So... What's next? Any similar games with the same sense of magic I absolutely need to try? Fairly sure the girlfriend is getting me Breath of the Wild for my birthday next week, but I need options!

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Started and finished Mario Galaxy from the 3d All Stars switch game this week. It took me about 2 hours to really get into it because there were a few things I initially hated like the rigidness of the camera angle (they probably should have changed it for the remaster) and some of the dated wii remote pointer controls. But after I got over the little niggles it ended up being so insanely enjoyable. The music is perfect, the little mini story within the game is quite touching and the gameplay with all the gravitational quirks are done so well. The Gusty Garden Galaxy was easily my favourite of the lot and I still can't get the music out of my head.

I think I might buy a second hand Wii just to play Galaxy 2.

decorativeed

Started and finished Mario Galaxy from the 3d All Stars switch game this week. It took me about 2 hours to really get into it because there were a few things I initially hated like the rigidness of the camera angle (they probably should have changed it for the remaster) and some of the dated wii remote pointer controls. But after I got over the little niggles it ended up being so insanely enjoyable. The music is perfect, the little mini story within the game is quite touching and the gameplay with all the gravitational quirks are done so well. The Gusty Garden Galaxy was easily my favourite of the lot and I still can't get the music out of my head.

I think I might buy a second hand Wii just to play Galaxy 2.
It's not a remaster, it's just an emulation of the original. I'd imagine they'll bring out the sequel in the near future. Otherwise, get a ROM and Dolphin.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Can you play 3DS games on it? Tempted to buy one for banjo kazooie and brilliant diamond but would like to have alpha sapphire to fall back on

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Can you play 3DS games on it? Tempted to buy one for banjo kazooie and brilliant diamond but would like to have alpha sapphire to fall back on
Nope, not unless they've been remastered/ported. Or were you referring to the Dolphin and ROM comment above?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Nope, not unless they've been remastered/ported. Or were you referring to the Dolphin and ROM comment above?
Thanks, no I wasn’t. Just looked at brilliant diamond reviews again and realised it doesn’t look that good. I’m itching to buy a switch for the first time as it looks like a fun little machine I just can’t find any games to justify it!

GBBQ

Have gotten back into the Switch recently. It had been gathering dust since I got the PS5 in 2020 but am laid up at the minute recovering from surgery and found the switch handier to dip in and out of your to kill time.

Bought Fire Emblem Three Houses on a whim cos I saw it was highly rated on metacritic. Had no idea about game mechanics etc and nearly packed it in after about 10 mins cos it wasn’t what I thought it would be at all.

Persevered because I had spent €50 on it and in the past week I’ve been absolutely addicted to it.

Drainy

Have gotten back into the Switch recently. It had been gathering dust since I got the PS5 in 2020 but am laid up at the minute recovering from surgery and found the switch handier to dip in and out of your to kill time.

Bought Fire Emblem Three Houses on a whim cos I saw it was highly rated on metacritic. Had no idea about game mechanics etc and nearly packed it in after about 10 mins cos it wasn’t what I thought it would be at all.

Persevered because I had spent €50 on it and in the past week I’ve been absolutely addicted to it.
Its a great game

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

It’s so damn good. Each play through is very different too. I put a good 100+ hours into it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thanks, no I wasn’t. Just looked at brilliant diamond reviews again and realised it doesn’t look that good. I’m itching to buy a switch for the first time as it looks like a fun little machine I just can’t find any games to justify it!
The Switch Is awesome. What type of games you like?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

New Mario Kart to be announced I recon.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Metroid Prime remaster is my prediction

Apart from that, a bunch of anime RPG’s with awful voice acting will almost certainly make an appearance

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's going to be disappointing if this leak is to be believed.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
SMTV is like that dark souls of JRPGs or something. Such a brutally tough game that you will probably only enjoy if you love the genre, which I do, but it still wrecks my head.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
It's on at the moment. They are currently showing....mario football???

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Splatoon 3 now. Never played the other games but it looks kinda fun.