Gaming Nintendo Switch

Sara125

Yes, I have played it. I would say that it's pretty safe to say that you will like sparks of hope if you liked the first one. All in all both games are on par for me. Some things are better in the original and some in the sequel. I enjoyed both games.
Thanks. Think I’m sold now!

diarm

I just got an email saying there are 24 new tracks available for MarioKart?

Is this something I can buy as a DLC type thing, or do I have to sign up for this Switch Online nonsense to get them?

My Switch has been in a drawer for months but I bloody love MarioKart!

dinostar77

I just got an email saying there are 24 new tracks available for MarioKart?

Is this something I can buy as a DLC type thing, or do I have to sign up for this Switch Online nonsense to get them?

My Switch has been in a drawer for months but I bloody love MarioKart!
Wave 3 is out so thats another 8 tracks on top of wave 1 and wave 2 (8 tracks each), so thats your 24 tracks. But they arent free...

diarm

Wave 3 is out so thats another 8 tracks on top of wave 1 and wave 2 (8 tracks each), so thats your 24 tracks. But they arent free...
I’ve no problem paying for them if it’s a one off payment.

I just don’t want to be paying another subscription in order to access them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I've seen this mentioned a number of times now. I'm tempted.

What thing?
I can connect my wireless headphones without any issues.
Yeah it took me about 20 minutes to connect mine this morning so wasn’t sure if there were issues! Finally working smoothly now though.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Cuphead DLC was on sale. Got it. Finally something to play. When the feck will Silk Song come out :mad:

Ainu

Anyone played Blasphemous on switch? It's on sale right now 75% off and looks a bit like Hollow Knight... @Moby @Ainu
I had it on my wishlist on PSN for ages and grabbed it last week when I saw it was on sale. It's been added to the already massive backlog, to be played at some point in the next 5 years or so. :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I had it on my wishlist on PSN for ages and grabbed it last week when I saw it was on sale. It's been added to the already massive backlog, to be played at some point in the next 5 years or so. :lol:
:lol:

I'll let you know if it's any good. I'm gonna play it after I finish the Cuphead DLC.

Ainu

:lol:

I'll let you know if it's any good. I'm gonna play it after I finish the Cuphead DLC.
That reminds me I still have to give Cuphead a proper go. I played it for a bit a couple of years ago but for some reason didn't continue. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, it just happened. I'll go back at some point.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
That reminds me I still have to give Cuphead a proper go. I played it for a bit a couple of years ago but for some reason didn't continue. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, it just happened. I'll go back at some point.
It's actually not as difficult as it's made out to be.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Fire Emblem: Engage sounds like a bit of a disappointment after the brilliance of Three Houses :(
I'm not too excited about the fan service and bringing back older characters but I'm definitely going to get it after I'm done with the Persona 3 & 4 remasters that drop tomorrow.

nickyboy1981

Anyone had a go on Goldeneye yet? I downloaded it expecting to play for 10 mins. Spent about 2 hours so far trying to beat the first level on hard mode in. The time limit... I'm addicted again!

Either I've gone super shite or the thumb stick is way too loose for auto aim on the Switch.

nickyboy1981

I'm not too excited about the fan service and bringing back older characters but I'm definitely going to get it after I'm done with the Persona 3 & 4 remasters that drop tomorrow.
I've just ordered Persona 5 for Switch, never played a Persona game before but heard great things.

Well I did start Persona 5 on the ps5 is its free but couldn't get passed everyone saying how much better Royal is. I didn't want to play and have to start all over again to play the extra content.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wish they'd make a Fire Emblem not aimed at 12 year olds who want to look at little girls with big boobs in fancy dresses. The last one, Engage, just instantly lost me, because of the moronic characters.

Andy_Cole

Anyone had a go on Goldeneye yet? I downloaded it expecting to play for 10 mins. Spent about 2 hours so far trying to beat the first level on hard mode in. The time limit... I'm addicted again!

Either I've gone super shite or the thumb stick is way too loose for auto aim on the Switch.
Yes it has me sucked in. And yes I’m shite!

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I've just ordered Persona 5 for Switch, never played a Persona game before but heard great things.

Well I did start Persona 5 on the ps5 is its free but couldn't get passed everyone saying how much better Royal is. I didn't want to play and have to start all over again to play the extra content.
I totally understand, Persona can be a bit of a drag with all the dialogue and stuff so starting over can be a pain. Yeah I would recommend Royal purely off of the extra content (two new characters) and the little gameplay extras they've added are nice. I liked both, they changed some boss battles in Royal though. If you end up liking (or disliking) the game you should check out the Shin Megami Tensei franchise as well. Same company, almost identical gameplay mechanics, but darker themes and a bit more 'mature'.

Andy_Cole

Has anyone bought the Hori wheels for Mario Kart? My sons birthday next month so thinking of getting a pair of the mini ones. Give him the feel of an at home arcade.