Gaming No Man's Sky | 25th May New FREE Update: Leviathan

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder what they actually say when you talk to them :lol:
Recently started playing this in VR for the first time on the PS5 after hearing about the resolution patch. My God it's incredible :drool:
Been trying to tell y'all!

Adam-Utd

Wonder what they actually say when you talk to them :lol:
Recently started playing this in VR for the first time on the PS5 after hearing about the resolution patch. My God it's incredible :drool:
Wait you can use the VR headset with this game now?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I don't have the time to get into this, but I sure do applaud them for how they have stuck with this and improved it for those who invested day 1 and were disappointed. Puts games like Anthem and Avengers to shame.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Started this again last night. First time round about a year ago, I kept dying on the first proper planet. Just kept getting attacked. Couldn’t be fecked with it. This one is much more pleasant though.

Two mates started it last night too, so should be fun. When should we start playing together? We all just made our first little base/shed and been to the space station.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Been playing this a lot this week. I have a real love-hate thing for it. I wish the missions were a bit more interesting. The Artemis missions were a real grind, as is constantly having to go tell Nada and Polo everything, only for them to respond in some backwards riddle.

Riding big animals is neat though.

Counterfactual

Been playing this a lot this week. I have a real love-hate thing for it. I wish the missions were a bit more interesting. The Artemis missions were a real grind, as is constantly having to go tell Nada and Polo everything, only for them to respond in some backwards riddle.

Riding big animals is neat though.
Play Ark, then. :devil:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I've probably asked this before, but what is the point / end goal in this game?

Or is it just about exploring?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Might download it for the zillionth time, eager with anticipation and optimism at the prospect of the shiny new upgrade finally making the game amazing ... only to be disappointed by the fact it’s still a complete grind a thon and very little has changed.

I actually really like the game and what is stands for but I wish they just start working on another, more interesting IP that can better utilise their engine.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I like that you can bypass the whole survival-grind if that's not your thing. It was a real chore to have to mine for materials and whatnot. Zero fun in that for me. Creative mode is cool for just limitless exploration and following the main storylines.

I haven't downloaded the latest update yet. Is it available on all gen? I remember the previous update was just for PC/PS5/XBSX

afrocentricity

I knew I wouldn't have time for this.
You don't need to dedicate time to it. Play as and when you feel like, it's a bit of cheap escapism especially in VR.

I've sat down in an Observatory watching an alien sunset smoking a spliff while listening to music... No mining, no building, just chilling...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You don't need to dedicate time to it. Play as and when you feel like, it's a bit of cheap escapism especially in VR.

I've sat down in an Observatory watching an alien sunset smoking a spliff while listening to music... No mining, no building, just chilling...
I did a VR thing in London the other week. They put you in individual pods that have wind and temp changes. The games were fun for a one off with friends but pretty meh, but the best bit was Google Earth. Flying around the earth and zooming out in to space then looking down in to its vastness was v cool.

afrocentricity

I did a VR thing in London the other week. They put you in individual pods that have wind and temp changes. The games were fun for a one off with friends but pretty meh, but the best bit was Google Earth. Flying around the earth and zooming out in to space then looking down in to its vastness was v cool.
What was it? I've never done one as I feel like I don't need to and some are quite expensive. Would try Zero Latency though... Looks fun.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Can you? What's changed?
I don't know if it's new, as I've only played for a few months, but Creative Mode lets you bypass most of the survival stuff. Certain resources are unlimited. Still need to mine for a few things when they're related to missions, but otherwise it's just exploration and the story missions. I cruised through the main story missions at a leisurely pace and a whole bunch of the side missions, whilst constantly getting distracted by cool looking planets and systems, but without having to mine for everything.

I keep going back to the 'normal' modes now and again, but get bored with it pretty quickly. It just feels like work.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What was it? I've never done one as I feel like I don't need to and some are quite expensive. Would try Zero Latency though... Looks fun.
It's called Otherworld. They have a load of games you can choose from, plus the Google Earth thing. I actually got it for free because I tagged along with a few mates who booked in hoping I'd be able to pay when I got there. They were fully booked but had a no show and just let me do it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

There's a couple of main stories, which are interlinked and you can follow the story by carrying out particular missions. I don't think I actually finished them but I believe the final stage was reaching the centre of the galaxy. The stories are a little dull after a bit, and seem to require a lot of going back and forth between certain points.

Though you can ignore that and just explore, survive, trade, build, do side missions, find strangers at the space station to do co-op missions with, fly around looking for other ships and try to fight them, whatever you want.

I tend to go back to it when I want to play something where I don't have to think too much. It's visually very impressive, and there's something rather liberating about hopping in your ship and just leaving the planet.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

It's just a sandbox. I can never really get in to these honestly. I need some sort of clearly defined goal in life, I mean in a videogame.

Bosws87

Its a game for people who are not very good at games, something my dad would love.