Film James Bond: No Time to Die

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Eilish was partly picked because of the age group she appeals too.
I am in the unfortunate position where my daughter LOVES Billie Eilish and I am subjected to her regularly in the car. I'm also taking her to see her in July so I will look around me and have a nice reminder that at 44 (45 by then) I am no longer relevant :(

Last edited:

stepic

I like the Billie Eilish album (it was probably one of my 30-ish favourite of last year) but when I said she was a good choice I was also thinking of it from the film's POV.

The title song is arguably the single most important piece of marketing for a Bond film, especially given the last two have gone on to win Oscars. With that in mind, I suspect that aside from being very popular/hyped atm (biggest selling album in the US last year, also a UK #1, multiple Grammy nominations, critical acclaim, etc.), Eilish was partly picked because of the age group she appeals too. I have zero doubt that the people whose job it is to market Bond films have had many long discussions about specifcally targeting Gen Z to ensure the series can continue printing money for another decade or two.
yep, also bringing in phoebe waller bridge to help with the script as well.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
yep, also bringing in phoebe waller bridge to help with the script as well.
Indeed. I suspect it will also play into who they cast as the next Bond. I very much doubt they'll opt for an older, more established actor.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Christ! What a way to describe one of the best voices around at the moment.
Haha. Maybe I've just never heard a song where she actually sings, but anything that ever comes on the radio is her 'singing' at a volume 1 decibel above whispering. There's no actual vocal range, or any kind of emotional inflection in any lyrics I've ever heard her sing. Just literally muttering some basic entry level lyrics under her breath in an extremely monotone manner. I really don't get it. Adele has a great voice. Maybe she just has an entire catalog of music where she actually sings songs that just don't get airtime.

Sylar

Would be nice if they just created a new character and got creative for something that's required, like a badass woman character

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Would be nice if they just created a new character and got creative for something that's required, like a badass woman character
Best spy movie since Skyfall was Atomic Blonde so it can deffo be done.

fergieisold

Haha. Maybe I've just never heard a song where she actually sings, but anything that ever comes on the radio is her 'singing' at a volume 1 decibel above whispering. There's no actual vocal range, or any kind of emotional inflection in any lyrics I've ever heard her sing. Just literally muttering some basic entry level lyrics under her breath in an extremely monotone manner. I really don't get it. Adele has a great voice. Maybe she just has an entire catalog of music where she actually sings songs that just don't get airtime.
This is good, it does have the 'quiet' singing you refer to, but it is an incredibly difficult vocal skill. Got massive respect for her and her brother, they recorded their album in his bedroom, she still lives at home in this tiny house. Their rents used to sleep in the living room so they could have their own rooms!

[MEDIA]

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This is good, it does have the 'quiet' singing you refer to, but it is an incredibly difficult vocal skill. Got massive respect for her and her brother, they recorded their album in his bedroom, she still lives at home in this tiny house. Their rents used to sleep in the living room so they could have their own rooms!

[MEDIA]
Or just listen to the likes of When the Party's over or Ocean Eyes if you want range, control and emotion in vocals. As you say, she's not easy to replicate even if it does sound easy to some. People used to do the same with Gaga too, throw them as just another manufactured pop act without ever really understanding what makes them stand out nor vocal strengths and songwriting.

That's ageing for you :lol:

fergieisold

Or just listen to the likes of When the Party's over or Ocean Eyes if you want range, control and emotion in vocals. As you say, she's not easy to replicate even if it does sound easy to some. People used to do the same with Gaga too, throw them as just another manufactured pop act without ever really understanding what makes them stand out nor vocal strengths and songwriting.

That's ageing for you :lol:
Alicia keys is a great singer, but this shows how hard it is to sing Billie's vocals!

Why? I hate when you get female characters in fight scenes like in Bond. It's not realistic.

I prefer realism in films and Bond moved to be more realistic in recent films. No female would last more than about 20 seconds in a fight against a well trained male, so i hope they don't try to show that happening.

What about a well trained female?
Still not going to happen. Power and muscle mass is too great.

It's fine for some films but Bond wants to be more realistic now. Create a different film if that's what you want.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I liked Billie Eilish and especially her song Bury A Friend a while back but then it started getting airplay and she blew up. Now she's milked and I'm rather sick of hearing her music everywhere. It's like with Deadpool. Was my favourite comic character but after the film got green-lit, he's everywhere to the point of becoming annoying.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Still not going to happen. Power and muscle mass is too great.

It's fine for some films but Bond wants to be more realistic now. Create a different film if that's what you want.
Oh feck me can we just go back to arguing about Billie Eilish because that'll be the only thing that saves this thread from going off a cliff edge if the above is what we'll get if we discuss Bond.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I liked Billie Eilish and especially her song Bury A Friend a while back but then it started getting airplay and she blew up. Now she's milked and I'm rather sick of hearing her music everywhere. It's like with Deadpool. Was my favourite comic character but after the film got green-lit, he's everywhere to the point of becoming annoying.
Hipster.

Sylar

Oh feck me can we just go back to arguing about Billie Eilish because that'll be the only thing that saves this thread from going off a cliff edge if the above is what we'll get if we discuss Bond.
Yeah I was hoping this talk would move away from Billie, but then... weve seen it can get worse

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I hated the last bond movie they were showing women outside the kitchen! I mean what's that supposed to be, are they making science fiction movies now?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I hated the last bond movie they were showing women outside the kitchen! I mean what's that supposed to be, are they making science fiction movies now?
There are kitchens in science fiction too... It was a new genre all together.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah take that you old, out of touch anti-billie fecks. Apparantly by hating on Eilish even you aren't as old and out of touch as those hating on all women.

Mid-level haters and nothing more.
:lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Her new song is decent, it helps that she actually sings parts of it.

Sylar

Yeah take that you old, out of touch anti-billie fecks. Apparantly by hating on Eilish even you aren't as old and out of touch as those hating on all women.

Mid-level haters and nothing more.
Wait until this thread becomes about a non white James bond :nervous:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That looks exactly like the last 4 Bond films.

Crazy how quickly time passes. I remember when Daniel Craig got the role and he seemed so fresh after Brosnan’s stiff and stale portrayal. Now Craig is feeling equally stale, with the same grumpy rogue agent story line every time.

I’ve no idea where they will take it after Craig. The Jason Borne films did a lot to inspire this latest iteration but it’s feeling very tired now. I’m not sure there are any credible angles left.