Film James Bond: No Time to Die

Sylar

Didnt another movie or tv show thread turn into whether Billie Eilish is a star / good singer or something?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nice, another 3 minutes of her barely audible and monotone whispering under her breath.
So in two years time when people are watching this on sky they can ask "who the feck was Billie Elish "

Didnt another movie or tv show thread turn into whether Billie Eilish is a star / good singer or something?
I think it was the Star Wars thread but I can't even vaguely imagine how that detour came about.

lsd

The Oracle

I think it was the Star Wars thread but I can't even vaguely imagine how that detour came about.

Maybe you fancy her Sully but sorry to break it to you she is already flopping after her one hit .

Still guess this was a choice between her and Lil Nas X

Fingeredmouse

Maybe you fancy her Sully but sorry to break it to you she is already flopping after her one hit .

Still guess this was a choice between her and Lil Nas X
They chose Sam Smith over Radiohead last time.
Although I do fine Eilish far from the worst around on the hit parade that the kids are bopping to these days.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It says Billie is writing the track... But doesn't her brother write all her material?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nice, another 3 minutes of her barely audible and monotone whispering under her breath.
Don't insult Billie she's a genius and her brother is also a genius just listen to their music voice of a generation geniuses the pair of them

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Grumpy old men.
Quite possibly. But don't worry because like the umpteen singers who have come before her and risen to sycophant levels of fame they'll be forgotten in a couple of years and you won't have to see anyone moaning about her and her brother.

But, Bond eh? I personally want to see Robert Pattinson get the role because it'll annoy the feck out of everyone.

Heardy

Quite possibly. But don't worry because like the umpteen singers who have come before her and risen to sycophant levels of fame they'll be forgotten in a couple of years and you won't have to see anyone moaning about her and her brother.

But, Bond eh? I personally want to see Robert Pattinson get the role because it'll annoy the feck out of everyone.
Bond and Batman!!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They should have gone all out to really piss of the out of touch old men and had Greta do it!
Yeah but Greta isn't shit so your argument doesn't work.

What does Billie stand for? Pretending to be against the system and an individual whilst making money selling as many things in TV adverts as you can?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
She is to even more of you old fogey types :lol:
How old are you because I bet we're the same age? I think the term you're looking for is "more musically mature and more awesome than Redlambs".

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Or it's because I can recognise true genius and you can't change with the times.
It's probably somewhere in the middle: I can't change and not be a genius whilst you can't recognise it.

stepic

Yeah but Greta isn't shit so your argument doesn't work.

What does Billie stand for? Pretending to be against the system and an individual whilst making money selling as many things in TV adverts as you can?
she's against the idea girls shouldn't have to show off their body to get attention, and good on her for that. its not hypocrtical to do that at the same time as accepting money to sell shit on TV. if, as you say, she will disappear in the next 5 years, then she may as well milk her current success while she can. i find the disdain for an 18 year old girl who at least co-writes her own material and doesn't serve up more Katy Perry-esque BS pop a little weird though. she also has a few songs that are actually really good, bad guy and when the party's over two in particular.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas are extremely creative. Very refreshing in today's music industry.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
she's against the idea girls shouldn't have to show off their body to get attention, and good on her for that. its not hypocrtical to do that at the same time as accepting money to sell shit on TV. if, as you say, she will disappear in the next 5 years, then she may as well milk her current success while she can. i find the disdain for an 18 year old girl who at least co-writes her own material and doesn't serve up more Katy Perry-esque BS pop a little weird though. she also has a few songs that are actually really good, bad guy and when the party's over two in particular.
I salute her for her stance on independence and letting her music speak for her instead of her looks. I just don't like her music and it was fun trying to wind up Redlambs for a bit.

SoCross

I'm personally looking forward to it. We can all join in muttering under our breaths along to the highly creative lyrics

I'm a good man
But I act like-a bad man
Shoot people in the face man
Shaken but not stirred man
Genius! You should get the next crack at Bond 26; dead but still alive.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I salute her for her stance on independence and letting her music speak for her instead of her looks. I just don't like her music and it was fun trying to wind up Redlambs for a bit.
Well you clearly picked on the wrong girl.

As we speak an army of her fans are ready and willing to come to your house and feck you up.

We stan*

(*I think that's the lingo :lol:)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I like the Billie Eilish album (it was probably one of my 30-ish favourite of last year) but when I said she was a good choice I was also thinking of it from the film's POV.

The title song is arguably the single most important piece of marketing for a Bond film, especially given the last two have gone on to win Oscars. With that in mind, I suspect that aside from being very popular/hyped atm (biggest selling album in the US last year, also a UK #1, multiple Grammy nominations, critical acclaim, etc.), Eilish was partly picked because of the age group she appeals too. I have zero doubt that the people whose job it is to market Bond films have had many long discussions about specifcally targeting Gen Z to ensure the series can continue printing money for another decade or two.