Noam Emeran | leaves on a permanent deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

Have we? Think I missed that, have you got a source on that?
Marca first reported, I'm not sure if it is really true, hopefully, it could happen, I'd love to see our young player to get minutes to play and try to impress rather than rotting in U23.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
€2m rising to €10m with a percentage sell on too. Described as a Leroy Sane type player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think United is on to something else, the first thing we revamped the academy and recruitment in 2016, we hired one of best scouting in France to identify 16 years old with world-class potential, been linked with German and Portuguese wonderkids and searching for Spanish club feeder in La Liga 1-2nd division where we can send our best talents there to get minutes playing.
That would be awesome.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That would be awesome.
It was first reported like 4 years ago where we were apparently looking to buy a second division side in France, Belgium, or the Netherlands but then never heard more about. I missed this story so hopefully it means we are still looking at it. Having our reserves playing in Spain or any of the other mentioned European leagues would be massive for development.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He has announced it.
It's rare a kid looks at his mother and says "I'm gonna try that hairstyle".

He's a tall lad though, just another one for our future Hope's. :drool:

NickyT

Deal reportedly worth up to 10m which is huge for a 16 year old.
Up to 10 mill? That sounds very excessive for a 'kid' who was virtually unknown 3 months ago.

But in retrospect the way we spend I wouldn't be too surprised, also this means the academy must have quite a big budget in terms of recruitment, I know this is the 'Noam Emeran' thread but it'd be great to see them bring in some more young british top talents, some of the players I've seen at the England 15/16s camps in recent years do look extremely gifted.

Nick7

Up to 10 mill? That sounds very excessive for a 'kid' who was virtually unknown 3 months ago.

But in retrospect the way we spend I wouldn't be too surprised, also this means the academy must have quite a big budget in terms of recruitment, I know this is the 'Noam Emeran' thread but it'd be great to see them bring in some more young british top talents, some of the players I've seen at the England 15/16s camps in recent years do look extremely gifted.
He was clearly not unknown to the people working at the club and other clubs across Europe.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

The price indicates that he’s not your regular youth signing. I imagine someone like Mbappé wouldn’t have left Monaco at 16 for €300k.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

this source suggests that we're giving Amiens the standard compensation price of 80k to 100k euros.

http://www.courrier-picard.fr/16042...ran-amiens-sc-en-route-vers-manchester-united

jb8521

Yeah it will be a relatively small amount either just a compensation amount or an extra token amount so that we could bring him over now rather than at the end of the season but it won't be anywhere near £10 million

Adnan

Talent Spotter
RMC is the outlet that reported he will cost €2m rising to €10m depending on future progress. RMC is also the most reliable outlet when it comes to French based players.

NickyT

He was clearly not unknown to the people working at the club and other clubs across Europe.
Yeah and well done to our scouting team for getting to him first, my point is that 10 mill for a relatively unknown 15/16 year old is a questionable fee, especially as he probably wouldn't have signed professional terms with Amiens, so I personally don't see how a comp fee can escalate so high.

The price indicates that he’s not your regular youth signing. I imagine someone like Mbappé wouldn’t have left Monaco at 16 for €300k.
Mbappe was making his Europa league debut tormenting Tottenham's defence at 16, so that's hardly a comparison. Although with the success of players like Mbappe, inflation when it comes to signing young French players is going to be a factor in the near future for sure (not to mention with the pending rule changes on work permits due to brexit). Although I stand by saying 10 mill is highly unrealistic in this case.

NickyT

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When can he be expected to feature? From next season? Following international clearance?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Does anyone know when this lad will feature? I was hoping to see him in the u-18s, but haven't seen or heard much since we signed him.

jb8521

Does anyone know when this lad will feature? I was hoping to see him in the u-18s, but haven't seen or heard much since we signed him.
He's on crutches at the moment so won't play for a while anyway

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This vid gives a glimpse on what to possibly expect from Emeran in the coming season. Looks a threat from freekicks and is capable of using either foot which will make him a tricky customer to deal with on the wings. He along with Mejia could potentially be our wingers at u18 level in the new season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great to have him fit. The U18s are struggling upfront tbh, Dillon doesn’t really work as a 9. I know Emeran is also a ‘forward’ but we’ll see if it works.

jb8521

Great to have him fit. The U18s are struggling upfront tbh, Dillon doesn’t really work as a 9. I know Emeran is also a ‘forward’ but we’ll see if it works.
We still have Mejia to come in as well who played a lot of games as a number 9 last season

Status
Not open for further replies.