Noble carrying herrera off the pitch

Dominos

Isnt it pretty much the same as when Ferdinand picked Cahill off the floor ?
Cahill wasn't injured, and they're friends. Quite a bit different from a random cnut carrying you 10 yards against your will when you're hobbling off the pitch with an injury.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Why have we gotta love that? I'd much rather Herrera told him where to go. Imagine Noble doing that to Keane or Scholes or Robson or even Butt? He'd have not even dared but with us now we have a team full of Mr Nice guys that frighten no one.
This. Its depressing that we have no one in our team that went over and squared up to / confronted Noble about it

Reynoldo

No big deal really but a bit sad to see that we don't have any players in the team that wouldn't stand for that sort of thing any more.

Can you imagine someone getting away with that if Keane was on the pitch or even someone like Rio.
If Keane was on the pitch he would have been sent off for his reaction to it, he'd probably have nut him :lol:

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Thought it was funny and harmless. Its not as if he kicked and shoved him off the pitch.

Dominos

The hardmen in here :lol: What fecking good would one of our players going over to confront him have done? Other than potentially getting themselves a red card. It's unfortunate but at this level decking the twat isn't an option, it's the refs job to punish the player.

Those who don't see the issue confuse me. Imagine you're playing on a Sunday morning, you're hobbling off the pitch injured and some random dick from the opposition takes it upon himself to grab you from behind, lift you up and carry you 10 yards, and drops you off the pitch... And tell me you'd stand there and go "fair play to that guy, was really funny that".

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No one had to dropkick him in the face and get carded, but not being a bunch of sheepish kids might get us further.

There's no spine in the team. I hate to bring up the cliche, but none of the Co92 would've let it slide and players would think twice before taking the piss.

Individual incident aside, it shows in the way teams approach us and the way we approach them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No one had to dropkick him in the face and get carded, but not being a bunch of sheepish kids might get us further.

There's no spine in the team. I hate to bring up the cliche, but none of the Co92 would've let it slide and players would think twice before taking the piss.
Shouldn't the captain go over if someone is manhandling one of his players?

DomesticTadpole

What gets me is if Mark Noble was leaving the pitch due to injury/perceived injury, would he have a) Run off as that is the British gentlemenly sporting thing to do or b) Taken his time so he could run the clock down to help his team.

Dominos

Individual incident aside, it shows in the way teams approach us and the way we approach them.
We're shit because we don't create goalscoring chances... How is more hardmen playing up for the cameras going to change that?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We're shit because we don't create goalscoring chances... How is more hardmen playing up for the cameras going to change that?
Not interested in them playing up for the cameras. It's the notable lack of spine in these situations and how it translates over the whole pitch.

Lack of unity, passion, leadership, fight (in terms of performance) have all been huge issues for us, and I think these are all related.

It's no surprise teams walk all over us at times.

Dominos

Not interested in them playing up for the cameras. It's the notable lack of spine in these situations and how it translates over the whole pitch.

Lack of unity, passion, leadership, fight (in terms of performance) have all been huge issues for us, and I think these are all related.

It's no surprise teams walk all over us at times.
I don't think they have, unless it's a lack of fight that's the reason we create about 1 chance every 3 games.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Now watch loads of other wankers carrying everyone off the pitch.

Should be fun, especially with Costa involved.

Tyrion

Yet we all moan if we concede a goal because someone doesn't run the ball into the corner to waste time. There is nothing wrong with time wasting as long as it doesn't start ridiculously early.
I think it's different if you're faking an injury. Besides, everyone accepting it doesn't make it right. Fans would accept pretty much anything if it benefits their team. I honestly believe that if one of our players did that we'd find it hilarious (and they did once and I found that funny too).

They accept it because it's the refs job to add the time on. And because it's not up to the players to decide whether an injury is serious or not in which case we'd have players ragdolling players who are injured because they think they're time wasting.
It's pretty obvious that the refs are failing at that job. I don't blame them though, that would be FIFA's responsibility. The rules aren't enforced properly and cheating is basically accepted by everyone and I think that if one of our players confronted that in a way that benefits us, we'd love it (as proven by the people here moaning about Noble breaking the rules and then wishing we had a Roy Keane type player who 'wouldn't stand for that', there's 3 or 4 of them on this page alone).

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Big deal he still let him carry him off. Maybe I'm out of date but I'd rather my team was like Athletico Madrid who all snarl bite and act and hunt in a pack. As opposed to our cosmopolitan bunch like Mata Carrick Herrera and Blind who look like they'd open doors for you. Just my take on it.
Agreed

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't think they have, unless it's a lack of fight that's the reason we create about 1 chance every 3 games.
Ability/tactics/fight. 3 things we're aren't up to scratch with. Leicester have the latter two and it may have won them the league.

Dominos

I think it's different if you're faking an injury. Besides, everyone accepting it doesn't make it right. Fans would accept pretty much anything if it benefits their team. I honestly believe that if one of our players did that we'd find it hilarious (and they did once and I found that funny too).

It's pretty obvious that the refs are failing at that job. I don't blame them though, that would be FIFA's responsibility. The rules aren't enforced properly and cheating is basically accepted by everyone and I think that if one of our players confronted that in a way that benefits us, we'd love it (as proven by the people here moaning about Noble breaking the rules and then wishing we had a Roy Keane type player who 'wouldn't stand for that', there's 3 or 4 of them on this page alone).
My opinion wouldn't change if it was one of our players doing it. People have this weird view that anything that happens on a football pitch is fair game, and it's further fuelled by the views of wannabe hardmen with their macho bullshit.

You shouldn't be putting your hands on another person against their will, if you take it upon yourself to ragdoll someone on the street it's called assault. You can say it's no big deal but I've yet to see anyone answer the question whether they'd find it amusing if a stranger did this to them in a Sunday league game when they were hobbling off the pitch injured? I think they'd elbow the twat in the face and they'd be perfectly entitled to do so to stop some random cnut assaulting them.

Dominos

Ability/tactics/fight. 3 things we're aren't up to scratch with. Leicester have the latter two and it may have won them the league.
They've scored 57 goals to our 39... That's why they're winning the league and we're not. Unless you're telling me how hard their squad is has played a massive role in scoring 18 more goals than us?

Tyrion

My opinion wouldn't change if it was one of our players doing it. People have this weird view that anything that happens on a football pitch is fair game, and it's further fuelled by the views of wannabe hardmen with their macho bullshit.

You shouldn't be putting your hands on another person against their will, if you take it upon yourself to ragdoll someone on the street it's called assault. You can say it's no big deal but I've yet to see anyone answer the question whether they'd find it amusing if a stranger did this to them in a Sunday league game when they were hobbling off the pitch injured? I think they'd elbow the twat in the face and they'd be perfectly entitled to do so to stop some random cnut assaulting them.
If I was genuinely injured, then yeah I'd hit out at him in anger. If I was faking it (as I believe most professional players do), then I'd just laugh it off or dive when he dropped me to get him into further trouble (as I'd clearly be a cnut in that scenario).

Dominos

If I was genuinely injured, then yeah I'd hit out at him in anger. If I was faking it (as I believe most professional players do), then I'd just laugh it off or dive when he dropped me to get him into further trouble (as I'd clearly be a cnut in that scenario).
It's not up to the opposition players to decide whether you're injured, he has no idea if you are, he's doing it because he's a cnut who thinks it's acceptable to assault someone because he feels like it. Even if we say it's playacting, I don't think someone exaggerating an injury justifies assaulting them to be honest.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They've scored 57 goals to our 39... That's why they're winning the league and we're not. Unless you're telling me how hard their squad is has played a massive role in scoring 18 more goals than us?
And they've scored them because of....tactics, and fighting for a result as a team.

I already said my point is not about players acting the hard man. It's about having some backbone and passion in the way things are carried out on the pitch, which is why I mentioned Co92 who would look out for each other and show the other team who's boss.

As for the incident.. I could understand it if it was a team that was fully taking the rip and wasting time at any opportunity, but we weren't.

DomesticTadpole

I've only really seen two incidents where a player stuck up for another teammate. Herrera going in hard on Gerrard and Lingard looking after Rashford against City. Nothing to do with yesterday, but they really should be looking after each other.

tomaldinho1

Noting to do with how 'hard' they are, fight is a different thing. I don't think anyone will say that Huth and Morgan are a world class center back pairing but they absolutely dominate strikers by being physical, winning every ball they possibly can and screaming at teammates who f**k up. This goes through the team all the way to Vardy. You don't need to actually fight people but you make it a nightmare for them to play against you. Case in point: Athletico Madrid.

Our central midfield was made up of Fellaini - physical but shit, Herrera - technical but weak, Carrick - OAP. Where's our Kante? Dier? even someone like Fernadinho? We don't need a load of bruisers but there needs to be some balance.

sallycinnamin

Main thing is from where I see it is it sets a dangerous precedent that gives the go-ahead for any player to move a player who has a suspected injury. I feel it undermines the medical personnel , that is to say a spectator can run on and do it and get away with it because a player with probably no medical background did it and got away with it. On the physical side it could aggravate an injury further by the player being lifted or the player doing the lifting not to mention the civil litigation that could arise. Maybe it was funny at the time as not seen it before but if we see it again and we have the footballing community being "the have a go hero" then it could turn nasty after all suspected injury self inflicted, play-acting or genuine let the medical personnel who happen to be qualified do their job: diagnose and treat for injury suspected or otherwise.

SATA

Rooney would probably have decked him if he was on the pitch at that time, or least run a rant to the referee. I thought it was classless towards a fellow professional, Mark Noble had no absolutely no idea whether Hererra was genuinely injured or not

Jaytay

You should see Barcelona and Real Madrid players they are always pulling each other up.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We have no strong personalities in our team, no way this shit would have happened with Rio or Vidic around.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not one to moan, but on what planet is that not a yellow card?
Yep. It should've been a straight yellow card.
If he tried that with a player like Ibrahimovic, I think Noble would've ended up in hospital and Ibra banned for the remainder of the season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's not up to the opposition players to decide whether you're injured, he has no idea if you are, he's doing it because he's a cnut who thinks it's acceptable to assault someone because he feels like it. Even if we say it's playacting, I don't think someone exaggerating an injury justifies assaulting them to be honest.
Assault! Ffs.

Even Herrera didn't seem bothered.

Dominos

And they've scored them because of....tactics, and fighting for a result as a team.

I already said my point is not about players acting the hard man. It's about having some backbone and passion in the way things are carried out on the pitch, which is why I mentioned Co92 who would look out for each other and show the other team who's boss.

As for the incident.. I could understand it if it was a team that was fully taking the rip and wasting time at any opportunity, but we weren't.
So we've established their success has nothing to do with how much they square up to the opposition, which is what so many wanted our players to do yesterday.

If our players aren't running hard enough or are being outmuscled every game then we may have to look at bringing in some bigger more physical players. If our players had "stood up" for Herrera yesterday (by doing what exactly? calling Noble a nobhead?), it'd have absolutely no affect on our ability to win a game of football. People love an easy explanation for why we're shite, intangible crap like "fight" and "passion". If Leicester are fighting for results harder than we are and that's why they create a lot more chances (I somehow doubt that's the reason), then fair play to them.. They've still gained nothing from getting into pushing a shoving opposition players like it's a school playground.

If we'd have done more squaring up and pushing players this season would our points total be a lot higher?

Noting to do with how 'hard' they are, fight is a different thing. I don't think anyone will say that Huth and Morgan are a world class center back pairing but they absolutely dominate strikers by being physical, winning every ball they possibly can and screaming at teammates who f**k up. This goes through the team all the way to Vardy. You don't need to actually fight people but you make it a nightmare for them to play against you. Case in point: Athletico Madrid.

Our central midfield was made up of Fellaini - physical but shit, Herrera - technical but weak, Carrick - OAP. Where's our Kante? Dier? even someone like Fernadinho? We don't need a load of bruisers but there needs to be some balance.
So you think we're not a physical enough team. It may be true, but does this have anything to do with the fact no one decked Noble yesterday? No... We're not gonna win more games by getting in childish petty spats, which is what started this discussion.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So we've established their success has nothing to do with how much they square up to the opposition, which is what so many wanted our players to do yesterday.

If our players aren't running hard enough or are being outmuscled every game then we may have to look at bringing in some bigger more physical players. If our players had "stood up" for Herrera yesterday (by doing what exactly? calling Noble a nobhead?), it'd have absolutely no affect on our ability to win a game of football. People love an easy explanation for why we're shite, intangible crap like "fight" and "passion". If Leicester are fighting for results harder than we are and that's why they create a lot more chances (I somehow doubt that's the reason), then fair play to them.. They've still gained nothing from getting into pushing a shoving opposition players like it's a school playground.

If we'd have done more squaring up and pushing players this season would our points total be a lot higher?
Yeah, we've never had the edge because of our passion and fight in the past, specially in dying moments of a game, and it's certainly never been something we've been known for :rolleyes:

We haven't 'established' anything. That's what I said. But also said how it's all linked (remember - being united, passion, leadership etc.) and can be a contributing factor among a myriad of other things.
You're the one trying to simplify it as just squaring up.

Dominos

Assault! Ffs.

Even Herrera didn't seem bothered.
I think he was, and that's besides the point anyway because the large majority of people would not be impressed if it happened to them. The video just cuts off before we see Herrera tell him to feck off.

I'd love to see a stranger come up to you on the street, grab you from behind and start carrying you around like a ragdoll and see how acceptable you think it is.

Unwanted physical contact comes under battery/assault does it not?

Last edited:

Dominos

Yeah, we've never had the edge because of our passion and fight in the past, specially in dying moments of a game, and it's certainly never been something we've been known for :rolleyes:

We haven't 'established' anything. That's what I said. But also said how it's all linked (remember - being united, passion, leadership etc.) and can be a contributing factor among a myriad of other things.
You're the one trying to simplify it as just squaring up.
It is squaring up. You're asking our players to square up to the opposition more often as if that's going to make us a better football team.

What your big gripe is that you think our players aren't trying hard enough to win games. That's something totally different, and is not going to be improved by a bunch of meatheads exercising their bravado.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Unwanted physical contact comes under battery/assault does it not?
Do you think all unwanted physical contact on a football pitch is battery/assault? Almost all physical contact on a football pitch is unwanted anyway.

As for "what if someone did that on the street"? I'd be pissed off. Just as I would if someone pulled my shirt or tackled me.

nevillestache

It's like one of those situations where you wish you'd said or done something at the time but all you can do is stew on it after the event... and I wasn't even involved.

You feel like the squad is united but you don't feel like they'd really scrap and fight for each other sometimes. That's not just in an aggressive sense but also in a footballing sense - we just seem to roll over. Maybe it's the personnel or just the general atmosphere around the club at the minute.