Noel Clarke Allegations

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Deery

Dreary
Wonder if ITV will cut his programme on at the moment can’t see many wanting to watch him now.

T_Model101

I never got what the big deal was with this guy
Glad to see him unmasked as a scumbag

I actually turned over to watch his BAFTA acceptance speech, completely by chance, and didn’t know who he was - but he came across as a complete bell cheese.

shocking allegations - im very much in the “innocent before being proved guilty”’camp - but 20 women all on record paints a picture of sustained abuse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I actually turned over to watch his BAFTA acceptance speech, completely by chance, and didn’t know who he was - but he came across as a complete bell cheese.

shocking allegations - im very much in the “innocent before being proved guilty”’camp - but 20 women all on record paints a picture of sustained abuse.
He’s fecked. There’s no coming back from such a thorough hatchet job. Whether or not he’s innocent (which is doubtful IMO)

The only thing that might save him is the fact he’s not a middle aged white guy. Don’t think that’s enough to turn the tide though.

He’s fecked. There’s no coming back from such a thorough hatchet job. Whether or not he’s innocent (which is doubtful IMO)

The only thing that might save him is the fact he’s not a middle aged white guy. Don’t think that’s enough to turn the tide though. It didn’t help Aziz Ansari.

it’s very very thorough. It’s a tsunami of claims against him. I doubt he will work again after this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

The only thing that might save him is the fact he’s not a middle aged white guy. Don’t think that’s enough to turn the tide though.
Its a brilliant investigative piece to be fair, although probably not too difficult considering how brazen he was about it all and the fact it sounds like he’s combined it with being a bit of a dick. “Be nice to people on your way up” comes to mind.

They’ve managed to corroborate most accounts with two or three sources with some of those sources happy to go on record. Worst of all for him is that his lawyers were unable to contest a lot of the claims and only attempting to reframe them.

He’s definitely finished.

Oldyella

He's always come across as unlikeable to me. There were stories a couple of years back about how he tried to destroy the career of the actor he was opposite in one of his early movies, but it was his word against Noel Clarke and nothing ever happened with it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Its a brilliant investigative piece to be fair, although probably not too difficult considering how brazen he was about it all and the fact it sounds like he’s combined it with being a bit of a dick. “Be nice to people on your way up” comes to mind.

They’ve managed to corroborate most accounts with two or three sources with some of those sources happy to go on record. Worst of all for him is that his lawyers were unable to contest a lot of the claims and only attempting to reframe them.

He’s definitely finished.
Agreed. It’s a top class piece of investigative journalism. Some of the accusations might make you think he’s being judged a little harshly but impossible to read the whole thing and not decide he’s guilty as hell.

Pity really. I always liked him (though I don’t think he was a very good actor) and he stood for something quite important. Doubt he’ll ever work again now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I'm sure not "everyone" knew but quite a few people are already saying they'd heard stories about Clarke's behaviour, including some of the incidents detailed in that article.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

pascell

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I really hope Kano and Asher D haven't been doing anything weird. I want another series of Top Boy.

Smores

He was on Graham Norton a couple of months back, seemed very odd and overly assertive then as me and the missus discussed it. Think he was coked up.

Every actor probably has a few marks against them over their career but the fact this lad has so many in his short career tells you he probably deserves all he has coming.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Oh dear, here's the most shocking revelation and I'm actually disgusted.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's always come across as unlikeable to me. There were stories a couple of years back about how he tried to destroy the career of the actor he was opposite in one of his early movies, but it was his word against Noel Clarke and nothing ever happened with it.
There was this guy I edited a film for. Noel Clarke kept insisting festivals don't accept the guys movies because of some falling out they had years prior.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

I'm sure not "everyone" knew but quite a few people are already saying they'd heard stories about Clarke's behaviour, including some of the incidents detailed in that article.
Ey up, I know Bart.

To be truthful, the film industry is one of the most abusive, sexist, entitled and corrupt industries around. All of it is entrenched in it's history. Nepotism is far more important than ability. Status and ego is the main id that's in control of it. It is improving but there's over a hundred years of culture to slowly evolve out of and its going to take about another 20 years I think as the older members leave before it can truly wash its hands and step into a modern business operation. There's hundreds more stories out there believe me. One of the reasons I was able to work with certain teams is I was able to deal with people screaming abuse in my face.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Should be dealt with via due process... That is the only fair way. Can't be having trial by media or Twitter without due process evidence being presented and giving him a chance to defend himself. When you go down this path, no one is safe.

If he's found guilty then let rip of course...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I also somehow caught only his speech when changing channels and thought something about him was knobbish. That being said, there's no way you can really tell based off how they are on TV.

T_Model101

Maybe I worded that wrong. I'm just glad in the sense that this guy has operated under the radar for years
I dont like this guy so pleased he might have done harm to others
What are you on about?
I apologise if my message was unclear, I wrote it whilst getting on the bus this morning.
He's been abusing his position of power for years and I'm pleased that the curtain has finally been pulled back by the victims, who were no doubt disgusted by how this clown was being lauded by BAFTA.
His career will now be hopefully over and no other women abused by him.

The allegations are sickening and are from upwards of 20 women over a number of years. So whilst, yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, there's clearly a pattern of behavior here.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Never liked him. Always had something about him I couldn't put my finger on. Just came across as a bit of prick. I guess its actually worse than that. Oh well, he won't be missed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

People using the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" in a way that is devoid of its legal context is increasingly a pet peeve of mine.

There is (rightly) a very high standard of proof required in the context of criminal trials that (rightly) doesn't apply to other contexts. And even in the context of criminal trials, the presumption of innocence isn't absolute.

The term doesn't mean someone needs to be proven guilty in a court of law before you can confidently form your own opinion of them or their actions. It also doesn't mean people aren't entitled to, say, decline to give him an industry awards, decline to work with him, decline to employ him, decline to associate with him or publicly criticise him without the allegations having been proven beyond doubt in court. In all those contexts people are allowed to draw their own very solid conclusions based on 20 different women accusing him of misconduct.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Also, some things are incredibly difficult to actually prove in a court of law so the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" around cases such as sexual assault as an argument is pretty weak as a blanket defence.

That being said, of course we have to be careful with tarring people and their careers. But this is a lot of people, crucially a lot of overlap and consistency, and the lawyers statements are rather obviously going for the shaggy defence.

redtilded121

we need a concert and films made for an industry that has no self regulation no independent regulation and yet repeated and numerous instance of abuse