NonceUponATimeInEpsteinAndAndyLand

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Quelle surprise that yet more rich and famous people have been accused of sex trafficking, rape, paedophilia, and attending drug fueled sex parties.

Savillegate and operation Yew tree exposed countless dirty old perverts and with Epstein getting arrested on more charges with some unsettling connections to Trump, members of Trumps cabinet, our own Prince Andrew (remember him?) Prominent lawyers and businessmen and combined with damning quotes from Trump and Epstein from years ago and old underage rape accusations resurfacing..

Shit could get real interesting...

But I doubt it.

The right are out in force whatabouting Bill Clinton mainly while the left seem to be United in saying any dirty old pervert needs to be punished, no matter how rich, famous or powerful...

That aside, will this get swept under the carpet? Or will it expose the hornets nest we all know exists?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He'll either get away with it; serve a light sentence; or they'll do a Max Clifford on him.

Carolina Red

Staff
I sincerely hope the book gets thrown at him and the rest who get swept up in it.

But I’m prepared to be disappointed...

langster

Scout
Wow, my OP was like a fecking Trump speech. Sorry guys.

It's got the potential to open a serious can of worms.

We got him......

Oh... nevermind.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This isnt some vice misdemeanor. We're talking about minor trafficking (which if proven) is as bad as you can get. Child trafficking for sex.

Plea deal or no they should get serious jail time.

langster

Scout
This isnt some vice misdemeanor. We're talking about minor trafficking (which if proven) is as bad as you can get. Child trafficking for sex.

No shit Sherlock.

Of course this is serious.

BUT!

We all know it goes on.

We have always known

And sorry but...

Those involved really are too rich and famous for anything to come from it.

#SadButTrue

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Yup, which is why it was such a complete travesty when he walked away with a slap on the wrist last time.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Trump will be in the pedo wing of a Russian gulag by the end of the year.

Or retain the presidency and live it up like a sultan.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Anyone that thinks Trump will get implicated is in dreamland.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Quelle surprise that yet more rich and famous people have been accused of sex trafficking, rape, paedophilia, and attending drug fueled sex parties.

Savillegate and operation Yew tree exposed countless dirty old perverts and with Epstein getting arrested on more charges with some unsettling connections to Trump, members of Trumps cabinet, our own Prince Andrew (remember him?) Prominent lawyers and businessmen and combined with damning quotes from Trump and Epstein from years ago and old underage rape accusations resurfacing..

Shit could get real interesting...

But I doubt it.

The right are out in force whatabouting Bill Clinton mainly while the left seem to be United in saying any dirty old pervert needs to be punished, no matter how rich, famous or powerful...

That aside, will this get swept under the carpet? Or will it expose the hornets nest we all know exists?
Yeah, your unconditional objectivity is unparalleled.

Adisa

Why does if feel like Alan Dershowits is always connected to cases like this?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just finished it. The attornies involved have no business being prosecutors. Stinks of a cover up. And there is no one that will convince me Trump hasn't done under age girls on a regular.
A part of me thinks this whole thing moving forward now is because Barr is in office and he’s in a position to control the damage and decide what comes to light and what gets buried for good.

Adisa

A part of me thinks this whole thing moving forward now is because Barr is in office and he’s in a position to control the damage and decide what comes to light and what gets buried for good.
Isn't this being handled by the SDNY or it's a federal case?

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Isn't this being handled by the SDNY or it's a federal case?
It was not immediately clear whether that case and the new case involved the same victims since nearly all have remained anonymous. Even so, Weinstein said, the deal only applies to federal prosecutors in the Southern District of Florida. The current case is being pursued by the Southern District of New York.

Further, there are no double jeopardy implications because Epstein’s guilty plea involved only state crimes, while the current case involves federal law.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/07/billionaire-jeffrey-epstein-arrested-on-sex-trafficking-charges.html
I’m assuming if he’s charged under federal law they will be able to address all his crimes of rape/sexual assault within the different US states.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This has been well talked about in conspiracy circles for ages. From what I've read the guy has an island and a lot of well known figures have visited. Who knows what that means, if anything?

Be very interesting if anything comes of this. It could validate every insane conspiracy theory ever in their eyes, but at the same time it'd ruin the whole 'too powerful to go down' thing they love to push too. Either way there's going to be an insane amount of smug 'I told you so' from them.

SteveJ

Scout
Guardian said:
Court documents unsealed Monday show that Jeffrey Epstein is charged with creating and maintaining a network that allowed him to sexually exploit and abuse dozens of underage girls, the Associated Press reports:

The alleged victims were as young as 14 at the time.

Epstein was taken into custody on Saturday.

Authorities say he paid underage girls for massages and then molested them at his homes in Florida and New York in the early 2000s.
Epstein was expected to appear in Manhattan federal court later Monday.

SteveJ

Scout
Elie Honig, former SDNY Assistant Attorney General:
It is unusual and notable that SDNY's Public Corruption Unit is on the Epstein case. I keep thinking back to 2008 when I was in the SDNY and Public Corruption was on a seemingly routine interstate prostitution case. Turned out, then-NY Governor Eliot Spitzer was "Client 9."

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Anyone any idea what’s going on here?

Trafficking/sex abuse charges are for the period 2002-2005 yet the previous charges covered the period 1999-2007. Are they hoping to ignore anything that went on outside of those 3 years in the hope that this will appease the public and so let many who participated with him off the hook, providing that they weren’t involved during that 3 yr period?

SteveJ

Scout
It's for people who think of politicians like their bffs. Queen Kamala or Uncy Joe Biden.
Also women who naively believe that Hillary C is their 'sister'.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

SteveJ

Scout
*rolls eyes*

'William Barr's father Donald Barr hired Epstein as a maths teacher for his private school for the rich when Epstein was a 20year old university drop out.' (Vox)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
This has been well talked about in conspiracy circles for ages. From what I've read the guy has an island and a lot of well known figures have visited. Who knows what that means, if anything?

Be very interesting if anything comes of this. It could validate every insane conspiracy theory ever in their eyes, but at the same time it'd ruin the whole 'too powerful to go down' thing they love to push too. Either way there's going to be an insane amount of smug 'I told you so' from them.
Thing is for a decade if you brought this up in establishment circles how Epstein was like ground zero for all power elites who believe they are above the law (from the British royal family to Clintons to Trumps to Spacey to Weinstein to Dershowitz) you instantly get mocked as a conspiracy theorist and called wacky for believing in it even when people knew a lot of these people were up to no good.