SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
A conspiracy of Spinal Tap proportions.

SteveJ

Scout
BBC said:
Ms Wild, who says she was recruited to be a masseuse for Epstein on his private plane dubbed "the Lolita Express
Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

SteveJ

Scout
Are you Alex Acosta?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What a wild ride

Wow, that's so bigoted against Satanists I can hardly believe it Myth. I have more reason to dislike Satanists than most people given that the feckers killed one of my cats in a disused church, but that was just full-on prejudice. I admit that some Satanists have bad taste, but it isn't a universal trait among Satanists by any means, and certainly less so than it is among Catholics with their ghastly kitsch iconography, and don't get me started on Hindus.
Was it? Oh dear. I've only ever seen and met Satanists who have really poor judgement in their furniture choices. I guess there must be a few who don't like the butt-ugly altars...
Very sorry to hear about your cat.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The really lame bullshit coming out of this story is quite something.

From no staff watching Epstein, to 'unusable' CCTV, to bodged photoshops despite it obviously going to be analysed online, and now the excuse "I don't recall having that photo taken and my fingers look weird".

SteveJ

Scout
He's innocent - It's merely a tribute to Ashley Cole's Roma photo.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No surprise to see Ronan Farrow with more excellent investigative journalism to add to his CV.

DavidDeSchmikes

The Jeffrey Epstein saga has a “John Doe” now.

An anonymous man on Tuesday urged a New York judge to permanently keep secret many of the remaining sealed documents in a defamation lawsuit filed by one of Epstein’s alleged victims, Virginia Giuffre, against the late money manager’s confidante, British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.

The man doesn’t explain why he believes his name may appear in the documents, or in what context, but he fears his reputation may be damaged by “unproven allegations of impropriety.”

Hundreds of pages of sealed documents in the 2015 case were already made public by an appeals court on Aug. 9, revealing for the first time unsubstantiated claims that Epstein had sent Giuffre to have sex with well-known people when she was a girl, including former U.S. Senator George Mitchell and asset manager Glenn Dubin. The men denied the allegations.

Now, two subsets of additional sealed documents are due to be analyzed by a judge who’ll decide if they should also be made public. Doe said he hadn’t been notified that his name appears in the sealed documents. A hearing on the matter is set for Wednesday in federal court in Manhattan.

“As a non-party to these proceedings, Doe lacks specific knowledge about the contents of the sealed materials,” his lawyers wrote. “But it is clear that these materials implicate the privacy and reputational interests of many persons other than the two primary parties to this action, Giuffre and Maxwell.”

In her 2015 lawsuit, Giuffre claimed that Maxwell, daughter of the late British publisher Robert Maxwell, defamed her by publicly calling her a liar. She claims that Epstein sexually abused her for two years starting in 2000, when she was 16, and that Maxwell had recruited her and joined in the abuse.

Maxwell has long denied the allegations and settled the defamation case. She also fought unsuccessfully to stop any of the sealed documents from being made public. Less than 24 hours after the first set of documents was unsealed, Epstein killed himself in jail while awaiting trial on federal sex-trafficking charges.

While some women have publicly detailed their stories of sexual abuse and trafficking, others have remained anonymous as “Jane Does.”

Doe claims if the papers are unsealed, the judge should order the redaction of names and other identifying information of the non-parties to avoid sensationalist reporting by the media, who generally can’t be sued for printing what appears in court documents.

“Providing the media more unsubstantiated allegations, never leveled outside of the cloak of the litigation privilege, only serves to continue this cycle of irresponsible, sensationalist reporting,” Doe’s filing said.

The case is Giuffre v. Maxwell, 15-cv-07433, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rganic&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social