Nordic Ghost Yeti | Haaland at City

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Be interesting to see how he holds up, if I remember correctly, he’s pretty injury prone

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I forgot they bought Alvarez too. Stupid. :houllier:
We think "We have Rashford/Bruno/Shaw.... No need for other player on that position."
Other top clubs think "We need two players per position"
Remember when we were close to signing Haaland? "Oh, how that will impact on Martial or Rashford"?
"We don't need Sancho. We have Greenwood. "

Zen86

The most inevitable of transfers. He and his dad will absolutely rake it in on this deal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
why do they always conveniently leave out the offshore payments and signing on bonuses which aren’t far off the club fee :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
We think "We have Rashford/Bruno/Shaw.... No need for other player on that position."
Other top clubs think "We need two players per position"
Remember when we were close to signing Haaland? "Oh, how that will impact on Martial or Rashford"?
"We don't need Sancho. We have Greenwood. "
That’s why the recruitment is changing

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Did anyone honestly see him going anywhere else?

One can hope his current injury troubles follow him to City so he's out a lot of the time but then I don't want to be wishing injury on players so we'll have to hope he struggles to adjust to Pep and the Prem instead. Unlikely but you never know.

King Eric 7

They bought him to win the CL and it will be even funnier next year when they feck up again.

Irrational.

Yeah, so you can divvy the deal up however you like... signing-on fee, bonuses, wages, fee to his Dad. It certainly doesn't mean he only cost "the release fee plus £375k per week" which is how some will spin it, like City got a bargain.
There is definitely some money being spent under the table. City have been doing clever accounting ever since they were formed in 2008. How else do you explain the unbroken loyalty of the likes of Aguero, David Silva, Kompany etc? It’ll be the same with Haaland.

City can try painting themselves as an economically friendly, FFP abiding club all they like- to me they’ll always be an empty vessel of a club with zero credibility. They can win every league title until 2050 and countless CLs - I couldn’t give one solitary shit. City are not a football club in my eyes, but the play thing of some very wealthy people.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
why do they always conveniently leave out the offshore payments and signing on bonuses which aren’t far off the club fee :lol:
Problem is why media do it. When we sign player his weekly wage is always quoted with all possible fees. Remember Alexis and his 500k?

PeteManic

Absolute peanuts. But he will be burnt out by the end of the 5 years if he stays there. Definitely a Torres vibe about him.

Irrational.

Also let’s not forget the **** role BvB played in all of this. Happy to be friendzoned by Haaland and agreeing to his release fee demands knowing full well he would be poached by another club for peanuts.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Also let’s not forget the **** role BvB played in all of this. Happy to be friendzoned by Haaland and agreeing to his release fee demands knowing full well he would be poached by another club for peanuts.
Why? With all due resoect to them, they are not giant club. They are level bellow whos policy is; buy cheap, sell expensive.
They got him, got return in goals and made slight profit. Good business by them

It is only us to blame. We could have bought him too. We refused to put release clause and that is it. Were we right or wrong, it is another topic

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Perpetually needing lip balm face.

Jokes aside, I think he disrupts them, I mean, if they win the league next year, so what, they've won it the last three years.

I think the over reliance on trying to work patterns so they end up with him scoring will upset the fluid balance of the team.

Also the transition is where he is most dangerous with his pace and direct nature.

They have 70% possession most games.

Smores

**** role :lol:

They got a top talent and made significant money on the deal. It's a win for all involved.

captaincantona

Also the transition is where he is most dangerous with his pace and direct nature.

They have 70% possession most games.
Got to agree on this. He will bully his way on to the scoresheet a fair bit but it will be interesting to see if he has the touch and awareness to adapt to that team. Don’t get me wrong, it won’t be a Lukaku at Chelsea situation but he may not have the devastating effect his reputation might suggest in that team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't see why people care about this. It's an excellent business model and why players like Adeyami, Bellingham, Haaland jump at the chance to go to Dortmund. It's always an attacking system, always top 2 in the Bundesliga with dreams of beating Bayern, always compete for the cup, always in the CL, have a great stadium and fanbase, and the players know that if they reach their potential, the club won't make their lives hell to move on. Dortmund get good years from them, make a lot of money, and get the next star up. Occasionally players line up where they can have a serious challenge, but other than that they never call too far.

Irrational.

Why? With all due resoect to them, they are not giant club. They are level bellow whos policy is; buy cheap, sell expensive.
They got him, got return in goals and made slight profit. Good business by them

It is only us to blame. We could have bought him too. We refused to put release clause and that is it. Were we right or wrong, it is another topic
It’s just a bit odd that a CL level club would be willing to sign a supertalent on the basis that they’ll get a couple of seasons out of him and then 100% lose him for very little. It’s more the behaviour of a second tier club, which they probably are to be fair to them.

It’s ok though, we’ll probably end up with Mbappe :wenger:

AshRK

This is what ambitious teams do. They act and not react. Manchester United since 2008 have just been playing catch up. This is why I hate people who defend glazers. They have basically allowed teams like City to do their work while buying bebe oberton and cheap punts.

Irrational.

I don't see why people care about this. It's an excellent business model and why players like Adeyami, Bellingham, Haaland jump at the chance to go to Dortmund. It's always an attacking system, always top 2 in the Bundesliga with dreams of beating Bayern, always compete for the cup, always in the CL, have a great stadium and fanbase, and the players know that if they reach their potential, the club won't make their lives hell to move on. Dortmund get good years from them, make a lot of money, and get the next star up. Occasionally players line up where they can have a serious challenge, but other than that they never call too far.
It’s exactly the reason why they will never compete with Bayern in any way, shape or form. Their behaviour is that of a club that has accepted that they will always be a B- level club and lose their best players time after time. They have no ambition and hence why Bayern are probably laughing every season.