Northern Ireland Thread

Deery

Dreary
This is such a cop out, absolutely terrible for the families of the victims of Bloody Sunday and Ballymurphy that have waited so long to see some kind of justice and right at the final hurdle to be told that’s it, absolutely shameful from the British government.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

acnumber9

They just want to pretend the troubles didn’t happen and don’t matter anymore. It’s the same for paramilitaries.

Deery

Dreary
Ballymurphy Inquest findings to be released today. Hope the families get the result they're after.
And, then the Queen will announce that there will be no convictions for the British army that served in Northern Ireland.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
And, then the Queen will announce that there will be no convictions for the British army that served in Northern Ireland.
The entire apparatus of state is complicit. Making the state admit it was to blame is the best we can hope for in these cases I'm afraid.

Shouldn't ever be any statute of limitations when murder or state-sponsored massacres occur, though.

Deery

Dreary
The entire apparatus of state is complicit. Making the state admit it was to blame is the best we can hope for in these cases I'm afraid.

Shouldn't ever be any statute of limitations when murder or state-sponsored massacres occur, though.
What time does it come out do you know?

Rooney24

"Measures will be brought forward to strengthen devolved government in NI and to address the legacy of the past."

We can take that as they will be going ahead with it I think.

stevoc

We know not one of those cnuts will serve a day in Jail. But their faces and names should be made public, even that won't happen though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Disgusting. Some of the individual accounts were even worse than Bloody Sunday!. If that’s even possible!! One guy was shot in the back 14 times. Another shot, taken into custody and shot again. Mike Jackson lied then continued to lie in his book

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Another British army massacre of unarmed civillians. Followed by smearing the names of the dead to protect 'security'. Fifty years later the victims see the truth in print. None of the parties in the north want an amnesty for those responsible. But to be fair to your average paratrooper who took the lives of these people, those ultimately responsible wore suits and stripes. When do we see those in handcuffs, or losing their mudguard?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I’m happy that there is the vindication (which they all knew anyway) for the families. It’s utterly dreadful what happened and what followed.

Green_Red

I know it's easier said than done but do you think there'll ever be a time when the crimes of the past are accepted for what they are and people move on? My own grandfather's father and brother were murdered by black and tans in the early 1920s, there was never any trial or anything like that. His family just had to move on that that's how those times where, as horrible as they were.