Northern Ireland Thread

Deery

Dreary
I know it's easier said than done but do you think there'll ever be a time when the crimes of the past are accepted for what they are and people move on? My own grandfather's father and brother were murdered by black and tans in the early 1920s, there was never any trial or anything like that. His family just had to move on that that's how those times where, as horrible as they were.
Considering there’s over a thousand cases waiting to be looked at I’d assume they’re going to try and draw a line under it. Still doesn’t excuse state sponsored murder and collusion which is rarely mentioned in MSM.

Green_Red

Considering there’s over a thousand cases waiting to be looked at I’d assume they’re going to try and draw a line under it. Still doesn’t excuse state sponsored murder and collusion which is rarely mentioned in MSM.
Probably nothing ever will.

Deery

Dreary
Boris Johnson opened up Prime minister’s questions with an apology to the Ballymurphy victims.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
DUP going into absolute melt down, 3-4 senior ministers apparently have resigned and will now join the UUP who at last has someone who you could vote for on his ideas.

Player Red

I think it is councillors being mentioned, not Ministers. Though certainly seems to be some discomfort in the background of all this.

Rooney24

They risk being wiped out in the next election. Both alliance and UUP now attractive propositions for any disaffected DUP supporters.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Anyone from the north (or anywhere?) able to join the DUP dots? What was the secret ballot battle about? Arlene and Jeffrey D were in cahoots? Was there some loyalist involvement? Who would be first minister? It’s all quite mysterious, Poots seems very fringe and provincial compared to Foster.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Anyone from the north (or anywhere?) able to join the DUP dots? What was the secret ballot battle about? Arlene and Jeffrey D were in cahoots? Was there some loyalist involvement? Who would be first minister? It’s all quite mysterious, Poots seems very fringe and provincial compared to Foster.
Poots is much more old school IMO, I don't like him but I don't like my DUP. I think it was the other way round, and Poots was doing deals behind closed doors.

lsd

The Oracle
The idea that Jeffrey Donaldson is to too liberal for the DUP is truly frightening for the future

poleglass red

Another loyalist protest at peaceline last night. United Ireland banner burnt by loyalists right against the peaceline wall, a very incendiary speech was made right against the peace line over a speaker. Looking to stroke up tensions again. There wasn't any crowds gathering on our side which was good because the speakers were riling up the loyalists. Maybe the worst image to come out of this , was the man in the march with a balacalva on, holding hands with his son who was was maybe 5, who was also wearing a balacalva. Sad to say, I can see a lot more of this over the summer.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Another loyalist protest at peaceline last night. United Ireland banner burnt by loyalists right against the peaceline wall, a very incendiary speech was made right against the peace line over a speaker. Looking to stroke up tensions again. There wasn't any crowds gathering on our side which was good because the speakers were riling up the loyalists. Maybe the worst image to come out of this , was the man in the march with a balacalva on, holding hands with his son who was was maybe 5, who was also wearing a balacalva. Sad to say, I can see a lot more of this over the summer.
Sad times, on a positive note the Van Morrison concert was cancelled. :lol:

Deery

Dreary
What a pair these two are Ian Paisley is a total bellend should have resigned years ago he’s an embarrassment to good living Unionists…,

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I've never understood Van Morrison's popularity.
Total knobend but Astral Weeks is great and he had some cracking live performances...a few decades ago. Had a few friends / family members watch him live in the last decade or so and without fail they said he was miserable and most of it was painful.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Van Morrison is an absolute ball bag
He’s a dickhead

many years ago my brothers old boss ran a music event in Derry being headlined by Van Morrison. To say he’s a diva is an understatement. The man needs a slap a d reminded where he’s from

Rooney24

Looks like Arlene will be gone as FM by the end of the day which automatically takes out MON as well.

With SF not looking likely to approve Givan as FM because Poots won’t guarantee approving an ILA where do we go from here ?

another assembly election ?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Looks like Arlene will be gone as FM by the end of the day which automatically takes out MON as well.

With SF not looking likely to approve Givan as FM because Poots won’t guarantee approving an ILA where do we go from here ?

Too much acronyms, ignorants like myself want to understand your post. :D

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Nobody wants an early election so I can't see it happening - the two realistic options are 1: they muddle some sort of fudge to keep things on the road for a while 2: Stormont collapses

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Do you know if they get paid for when stormont is closed?
As far as I know they do but Im not quite sure if its the full pay, they do work very hard in their constituencies apparently, :rolleyes:

If it does I think there's a strong chance it won't ever be back.
id say SF will demand a boarded poll and the DUP will demand direct rule.

Rooney24

Crisis averted at Stormont it seems.

looks like the ILA will be on the way.

Deery

Dreary
Just makes the DUP look even more pathetic that the government went against them again.

Raulduke

:lol: what a complete sh*tshow. Poots is even more feckless than he looks.

Raulduke

how on earth can Poots survive in this job ??
Sammy Wilson going in with both feet on TalkBack and Nolan suggesting he's been told a vote of no-confidence could happen later today. Never underestimate the DUP's capacity to repeatedly shoot itself in the foot.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
how on earth can Poots survive in LIFE??
Fixed.

Wanting to be leader of the DUP then not taking the FM position makes him look like a right mug.

Sammy Wilson going in with both feet on TalkBack and Nolan suggesting he's been told a vote of no-confidence could happen later today. Never underestimate the DUP's capacity to repeatedly shoot itself in the foot.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Last edited: