Northern Ireland Thread

arnie_ni

Can someone explain what's going on? How could he have been the leader of the dup and not first minister.? What was that about?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Can someone explain what's going on? How could he have been the leader of the dup and not first minister.? What was that about?
He would have been the first person as SF or DUP leader not to take the first or second minister role. It was ludicrous for him not to, he lead the usurping of Foster behind closed doors but didn't have the balls to take the FM role. That's by the by thou, the DUP as a whole, i think 23-4, voted not to elect one due to the ILA issue, yet he went ahead. Its literally the stupidest thing he could have done.

arnie_ni

He would have been the first person as SF or DUP leader not to take the first or second minister role. It was ludicrous for him not to, he lead the usurping of Foster behind closed doors but didn't have the balls to take the FM role. That's by the by thou, the DUP as a whole, i think 23-4, voted not to elect one due to the ILA issue, yet he went ahead. Its literally the stupidest thing he could have done.
Who comprised and allowed the ILA to go through, him or given?

cyberman

Unionists will just collapse Stormont anyway when SF get FM and the demands will be.. Dont abide by a democratic election?
Unionists are soon going to lose their voice with WM ruleand SF being able to use the south division to make moves and get their views across. Hell it looks like SF are getting FG etc on board with preparing for a UI themselves. Level headed unionism hasnt an outlet to vent and its beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Deery

Dreary
He is an intelligent guy, he's well spoken, but yeah as we would say "Hes not a gud un". However I do think he would unite the party, which is a pro :lol: .
If people like Paisley can hold office for the biggest party in NI then it’s time to close the door on the whole thing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Unionists will just collapse Stormont anyway when SF get FM and the demands will be.. Dont abide by a democratic election?
Unionists are soon going to lose their voice with WM ruleand SF being able to use the south division to make moves and get their views across. Hell it looks like SF are getting FG etc on board with preparing for a UI themselves. Level headed unionism hasnt an outlet to vent and its beyond ridiculous at this stage.
Beattie is my hope, so far he hasn't sounded like the usual, he has a different look IMO, his only problem is he is ex army, which will be used against him even if he did good things,

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If people like Paisley can hold office for the biggest party in NI then it’s time to close the door on the whole thing.
The DUP need to reset, as much as i cant stand Jim Alister if he could keep his bigoted side quiet he is an intelligent man. We need a unionist leader to open up the UI conversation, I liked Robinson but his wife ruined him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't get what Poots thought would happen given he knew the majority of his party was against the nomination and went ahead with it anyway.

cyberman

I don't get what Poots thought would happen given he knew the majority of his party was against the nomination and went ahead with it anyway.
The boys up the road got him elected, thought it made him untouchable