Northern Ireland Thread

Raulduke

With one side already riled up over the Protocol and now this to potentially light a touch paper for the other I'm genuinely worried about this place this summer.

stevoc

There was never a chance there were going to be any prosecutions under the current nationalistic Tory government.

poleglass red

So Nolan basically sued a guy on twitter for starting the petition to have him removed from the air. Nolan is saying he is above all criticism and is willing to lawyer up to stop any from happening.
he sued one chap, another 2 on the way as well. Not like the fat twat needs any more coin. I see he still is swerving the Noah Donahue case.

lsd

The Oracle
he sued one chap, another 2 on the way as well. Not like the fat twat needs any more coin. I see he still is swerving the Noah Donahue case.

He threatens legal action every time it's mentioned against who brings it up.

I would bet every single thing I own Noah was murdered and the authorities are just covering it up and people like Nolan are well aware of that

poleglass red

I would bet every single thing I own Noah was murdered and the authorities are just covering it up and people like Nolan are well aware of that
it's no secret loyalist paramilitaries were the ones who led police to the body. what we don't know is what was their involvement was in his death or individuals related to them was. The reluctance of a mouth piece like Nolan to deliberately steer clear of it, raises the questions who is telling him to keep quiet.

Player Red

Why?

cyberman

So Nolan basically sued a guy on twitter for starting the petition to have him removed from the air. Nolan is saying he is above all criticism and is willing to lawyer up to stop any from happening.
Thats the defamination laws in NI for you. They blocked moves around 2013 to update the law but over here you can sue for defamation but its on the defendant to prove it isnt true. Its a license for the wealthy to shut you up

cyberman

You know that bonfire spray painted in the tricolor in Limavady that all those dickheads are proud of?
Hope they enjoy the coloured ash because its been lit. What the feck did they expect?

Rooney24

Soldier F was named in parliament by Colum Eastwood yesterday.

Surprised it’s not created more of a stir than it has

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Does it make any difference? Anyone involved will have known who he was for a long time. If someone wanted to do him harm, it was never all that hard to find out who he was.

poleglass red

token gesture, everyone knows his name anyway, this tactic has been done in the past as well, back in 2001 Peter Robinson, under parliamentary privilege, named 16 people that he said ran the IRA.

kidbob

So what I never understand is why there is never any criticism of the July celebrations from Westminster. I mean they are literally burning symbols and committing what are likely hate crimes but at the very least intimidation against other UK citizens. Its very strange that the UK government never seem to criticise this type of behaviour that is happening in their jurisdiction. Or am I just unaware of their comments on this?

Deery

Dreary
So what I never understand is why there is never any criticism of the July celebrations from Westminster. I mean they are literally burning symbols and committing what are likely hate crimes but at the very least intimidation against other UK citizens. Its very strange that the UK government never seem to criticise this type of behaviour that is happening in their jurisdiction. Or am I just unaware of their comments on this?
Culture innit, same went with the treatment of Catholic’s in Northern Ireland for years but the IRA is 100% wrong and never a word said against loyalists strange part of the world..

Deery

Dreary
It makes zero sense having this amnesty. What is it, about 3500 people killed in the troubles, 188 by British armed forces, 2000+ by the IRA? If anything this law is much better for one side than another. Surprised the British government aren't forcing through more cases against IRA men, or have they all already been prosecuted? Either way, not what you'd expect in a civilised country where the law and justice supposedly rule.
Another man that misses the point what about the 1500 loyalist’s murders backed by the British government through collusion with death gangs..

Green_Red

Another man that misses the point what about the 1500 loyalist’s murders backed by the British government through collusion with death gangs..
The point I'm trying to make is that all of them should be punished by the law. Its the only way to prove that the law will have any integrity in the future. This amnesty just means murderers on both sides will get off scot free.

I seen some ex Nazi deported from the US at 95 to stand trial for his crimes. That's how the law works. No statute of limitations for murder.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Do you think all those 1500 deaths were all collusion? Have no loyalists ever been convicted of murder during the troubles? Did the Gardai or Irish government officials never collude with the IRA?

The point I'm trying to make is that all of them should be punished by the law. Its the only way to prove that the law will have any integrity in the future. This amnesty just means murderers on both sides will get off scot free.

I seen some ex Nazi deported from the US at 95 to stand trial for his crimes. That's how the law works. No statute of limitations for murder.
That’s because the British government knows for a fact it will come out of this looking badly and the money involved would be enormous.

I’d agree you should be held to account for your crimes I didn’t say otherwise..

Green_Red

That’s because the British government knows for a fact it will come out of this looking badly and the money involved would be enormous.

I’d agree you should be held to account for your crimes I didn’t say otherwise..
It's a crazy precedent to set in a common law country. Next will be soldiers that committed illegal murders during Afghanistan and Iraq. Its like something out of the 1500s, not what you'd expect in 2021.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
I'm not having a go, just conversation.

It's a crazy precedent to set in a common law country. Next will be soldiers that committed illegal murders during Afghanistan and Iraq. Its like something out of the 1500s, not what you'd expect in 2021.
It’s absolutely crazy sir, all the evidence was there all that had to be said is that these soldiers killed the innocents on Bloody Sunday but they drop all cases and draw a line under it.

I understand we need to move on but by this Tory government at this time just stinks..

Deery

Dreary
What about the woman in the Ardoyne that murdered her baby and tried to kill her toddler who is now critical in hospital, awful stuff to hear she must have been suffering post natal depression or something you’d hope so anyway.

acnumber9

What about the woman in the Ardoyne that murdered her baby and tried to kill her toddler who is now critical in hospital, awful stuff to hear she must have been suffering post natal depression or something you’d hope so anyway.
That’s horrifying. I know that street and the walls in those houses are like paper. People next door likely heard everything.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'm going to Belfast for the weekend.
Should I avoid speaking with my South of Ireland accent?

Deery

Dreary
The funniest thing is in the heart of east Belfast in the Skainos centre there’s an Irish language class and it was full to the gills..