Northern Ireland Thread

arnie_ni

Do you think drugs was involved?
I don't want to jump to conclusions but i wouldnt be surprised.

He had a helmet on when he was cycling and even if he didnt, would a brain injury be that immediate and make you do that?

If it was that bad would he not be unconscious initially

Deery

Dreary
I don't want to jump to conclusions but i wouldnt be surprised.

He had a helmet on when he was cycling and even if he didnt, would a brain injury be that immediate and make you do that?

If it was that bad would he not be unconscious initially
That’s my thinking as well a brain injury I would think would knock you out.

They still haven’t found his clothes either which is strange, if he was naked with a brain injury but remembered to pick his clothes up..

poleglass red

That’s my thinking as well a brain injury I would think would knock you out.

They still haven’t found his clothes either which is strange, if he was naked with a brain injury but remembered to pick his clothes up..

they have found some of his clothes, not all, poor kid.Hope he's found....

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This story about the missing boy is a bit mad. Cycling about naked after he fell of the bike?
feck. Feel so sorry for his mum. I mean, you've got to fear the worst at this point. But a really bizarre case.
Edit: just seen PSNI statement. God rest his soul.

arnie_ni

Send me a PM and fill us in mate would you please?

Basically this kind of thing. Young hoods, likely prod, with Noah being a catholic.

Seen others along the lines of the uvf threatening to deal with the boys themselves.

Could all be total horse shit though.

Nothing explains him cycling about naked.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Basically this kind of thing. Young hoods, likely prod, with Noah being a catholic.

Seen others along the lines of the uvf threatening to deal with the boys themselves.

Could all be total horse shit though.

Nothing explains him cycling about naked.
Thanks mate.

poleglass red

So did SF go against their own guidelines today for the funeral?
In isolation they might have a case, but we've seen in recent weeks, blm protests in belfast, vigils held for young Noah and even his funeral today where social distancing protocols aren't strictly being adhered to. Also don't forget in 2 days time you can hit your local up for a pint, there is no way in hell strict social distancing will be possible in that scenario. I thought the funeral in general was well handled. The service numbers were restricted, the cortege was well marshalled. I think the DUP have issues with some pictures of Michelle O'Neill after the funeral, again in context probably not that big of a deal for most people, but the likes of Campbell and Jim Allister will never let the chance to try and get one over the other side slip. Like little school kids at times telling tales on each other.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
In isolation they might have a case, but we've seen in recent weeks, blm protests in belfast, vigils held for young Noah and even his funeral today where social distancing protocols aren't strictly being adhered to. Also don't forget in 2 days time you can hit your local up for a pint, there is no way in hell strict social distancing will be possible in that scenario. I thought the funeral in general was well handled. The service numbers were restricted, the cortege was well marshalled. I think the DUP have issues with some pictures of Michelle O'Neill after the funeral, again in context probably not that big of a deal for most people, but the likes of Campbell and Jim Allister will never let the chance to try and get one over the other side slip. Like little school kids at times telling tales on each other.
So because other people broke the rules it's fine for everybody else to do it? That is top whataboutery there. That is essentially what you are saying. It was very irresponsible for the funeral to take place in the way that it did and for MO'N to be there supporting it was not a good look at all. As a result of this it's much more likely there will be tons of people on the streets over the 12th because they will take the view that if 'themuns' can do it why can't we?

Sadly all it proves is that DUP/SF despite all their talk recently are still one issue parties and in reality they don't care about anything else.

poleglass red

So because other people broke the rules it's fine for everybody else to do it? That is top whataboutery there. That is essentially what you are saying. It was very irresponsible for the funeral to take place in the way that it did and for MO'N to be there supporting it was not a good look at all. As a result of this it's much more likely there will be tons of people on the streets over the 12th because they will take the view that if 'themuns' can do it why can't we?

Sadly all it proves is that DUP/SF despite all their talk recently are still one issue parties and in reality they don't care about anything else.

Parades commission has already received applications for parades on the 12th prior to this funeral, they will continue to get more, this is due to the general relaxations of restrictions re covid but more impotantly , the attorney general confirming they have no legal powers to prevent bands marching. So that argument of bands only marching as a reaction to the funeral, is to borrow your username "balaks". There is no whataboutery from me, I specifically stated it was in context to what was happening. The funeral was set up to adhere to social distancing, and for the most part it worked. I used the comparisons as the DUP are asking for charges to be laid, but in context of what is happening day and daily it would be difficult to charge anyone in any scenario where large groups are gathering. The issue the DUP have is the photos of Michelle oNeil, is she techically breaking the socially distancing protocol, yeah she is. But in this period where we are moving somewhat towards a more "normal" society is it really worth calling out, as I said in 2 days people will be sitting closer to each other than she was with anyone in those pics

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Parades commission has already received applications for parades on the 12th prior to this funeral, they will continue to get more, this is due to the general relaxations of restrictions re covid but more impotantly , the attorney general confirming they have no legal powers to prevent bands marching. So that argument of bands only marching as a reaction to the funeral, is to borrow your username "balaks". There is no whataboutery from me, I specifically stated it was in context to what was happening. The funeral was set up to adhere to social distancing, and for the most part it worked. I used the comparisons as the DUP are asking for charges to be laid, but in context of what is happening day and daily it would be difficult to charge anyone in any scenario where large groups are gathering. The issue the DUP have is the photos of Michelle oNeil, is she techically breaking the socially distancing protocol, yeah she is. But in this period where we are moving somewhat towards a more "normal" society is it really worth calling out, as I said in 2 days people will be sitting closer to each other than she was with anyone in those pics
The current rules are what 30 people max meeting outdoors? Safe to assume there were considerably more than 30 at that funeral. Sorry but it's bollocks this and it shows that it is one rule for some and another rule for the rest of us. I honestly struggle to understand how anybody can defend it - by the way if this was the other side I'd be equally pissed off by it - it's not a political issue, it's a public health issue.

poleglass red

The current rules are what 30 people max meeting outdoors? Safe to assume there were considerably more than 30 at that funeral. Sorry but it's bollocks this and it shows that it is one rule for some and another rule for the rest of us. I honestly struggle to understand how anybody can defend it - by the way if this was the other side I'd be equally pissed off by it - it's not a political issue, it's a public health issue.
for politicians it is though. Jim Allister has been very vocal in his condemnations of yesterdays funeral. Jim isn't even a member of the DUP ,and why I say it's political for people like him, is back in april during the peak of covid, a republican funeral took place near his constituency. This clearly broke all protocols re social distancing but nothing from Jim or Gregory. There was no point scoring or it wasn't high enough due to the republican not being that well known publicly. I'm sure there has been loyalist funerals doing the same. If public health is the issue for politicians call these out at source, don't wait until a well known republican is buried and then come out. My issue isn't with the ordinary person, it's with the hypocracy of the politicians.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
for politicians it is though. Jim Allister has been very vocal in his condemnations of yesterdays funeral. Jim isn't even a member of the DUP ,and why I say it's political for people like him, is back in april during the peak of covid, a republican funeral took place near his constituency. This clearly broke all protocols re social distancing but nothing from Jim or Gregory. There was no point scoring or it wasn't high enough due to the republican not being that well known publicly. I'm sure there has been loyalist funerals doing the same. If public health is the issue for politicians call these out at source, don't wait until a well known republican is buried and then come out. My issue isn't with the ordinary person, it's with the hypocracy of the politicians.
I agree with this and that is why I am pretty pissed off at MO'N being there despite it clearly not being in line with current guidance after months of her standing in front of cameras telling us all to conform to the new rules. Jim and Gregory can get stuffed as well.

arnie_ni

Eveb naomi long has asked for MON to step aside.

Seen an article that just on Monday she was talking about funerals saying stick to the rules.

The day after she didn't adhere to her own advice

poleglass red

Eveb naomi long has asked for MON to step aside.

Seen an article that just on Monday she was talking about funerals saying stick to the rules.

The day after she didn't adhere to her own advice
did she really though, in typical politician speak she said "any other system of government the deputy first minister's position would be untenable.She should reflect on her position", as calls to resign go that's pretty weak. I think most people, and even politicians realise this will blow over in a couple of days as most things do over here. Arlene blew 500 million of tax papers money, rightly or wrongly and I think most if us know it was wrongly, nevertheless she got off with it, hence the "any other system of government" reference in Naomi's statement, we unfortunately aren't a normal govt. If you don't step aside or get sacked for that, I think MON is probably going to be ok. I see Arlene wants an apology, but now Jeffrey Donaldson wants her to step aside, I think that in itself is maybe more indicative of power issues within that party. Apologies, step aside requests, denials, it's just typical NI politics, anything from those elected reps to prevent themselves from actually doing their job ie politics. Sad reality is, this will go on for another week or so, maybe an apology or something close to one comes from SF then we move onto next mud slinging exercise between the 2. Rinse and repeat.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
She’s a member of government. It’s akin to Dominic Cummings doing what he wanted despite what government messages were in place. She looks a hypocrite and it sends the wrong message. Very silly.

lsd

The Oracle
I expect it all to fall apart very shortly yet again . I honestly think they take turns in doing something so stupid so that both sides can say thats it we tried but this isnt working and call the whole thing off.

Really is an absolute shit show and until people finally wising up and not voting for the two parties it is never going to change

Rooney24

What she did was stupid.

But lets be honest here she wont step aside. The main reason being Arlenes refusal to do so during the RHI scandal. She will be thinking Arlene rode that out I will just do the same. And why not.

Like it or not thats just how it is.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What she did was stupid.

But lets be honest here she wont step aside. The main reason being Arlenes refusal to do so during the RHI scandal. She will be thinking Arlene rode that out I will just do the same. And why not.

Probably.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What she did was stupid.

tbh I don’t agree that she should necessarily step aside, I just wish that she’d acknowledge it was wrong, contrary to advice so that we stop this stream of SF going on telly and trying to justify it. Then we can move on

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
tbh I don’t agree that she should necessarily step aside, I just wish that she’d acknowledge it was wrong, contrary to advice so that we stop this stream of SF going on telly and trying to justify it. Then we can move on
Yeah they need to acknowledge it was a big mistake and apologise then we all move on. They won't though, at least not properly.

arnie_ni

I expect it all to fall apart very shortly yet again . I honestly think they take turns in doing something so stupid so that both sides can say thats it we tried but this isnt working and call the whole thing off.

Really is an absolute shit show and until people finally wising up and not voting for the two parties it is never going to change
Would never happen but a coalition between uup and sdlp would be so much better.

They get it to if the non voters turned up and voted for them

poleglass red

I see the family of young Noah have requested the services of human rights layer Niall Murphy to investigate what happened. There has also been an online petition circulating requesting a full investigation by the police. This is where our politicians should be united. I'll keep my opinions to myself on this one as it's basically hearsay until we have an actual investigation but one is needed asap. see attached from Jude Collins, a journalist/writer who is requesting an investigation by the police ombudsman. I'm no fan of Jude Collins at all, in fact dislike him intently. But surely politicians should be taking this fight up, god knows we've enough of them. Jude likes to be controversial for the sake of it at times but in this instance he has some very valid questions that need answered. The fact that Noah's family have hired such an esteemed lawyer as Niall Murphy shows that they want and need answers as well
http://www.judecollins.com/2020/07/...ce-and-death-of-noah-donohue-by-donal-lavery/

Eire Red United

I see the family of young Noah have requested the services of human rights layer Niall Murphy to investigate what happened. There has also been an online petition circulating requesting a full investigation by the police. This is where our politicians should be united. I'll keep my opinions to myself on this one as it's basically hearsay until we have an actual investigation but one is needed asap. see attached from Jude Collins, a journalist/writer who is requesting an investigation by the police ombudsman. I'm no fan of Jude Collins at all, in fact dislike him intently. But surely politicians should be taking this fight up, god knows we've enough of them. Jude likes to be controversial for the sake of it at times but in this instance he has some very valid questions that need answered. The fact that Noah's family have hired such an esteemed lawyer as Niall Murphy shows that they want and need answers as well
http://www.judecollins.com/2020/07/...ce-and-death-of-noah-donohue-by-donal-lavery/
Really hope they get answers, nothing about that poor childs disappearance adds up whatsoever.