Northern Ireland Thread

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Isn't Santander a Spanish bank?
It is, i never knew that it was either untill i saw something about them on that BBC Watchdog programme during the week.

Proper scumbags that threw that bomb into that bank though, the sooner they get it through to their thick skulls that nobody wants them or their dirty campaign the better, i won't hold my breath on that happening though.

Raulduke

Apparently the Westlink is closed going M2/M3 direction due to an abandoned car.

Raulduke

How the feck is this going to achieve Irish unity? Or even political support for that matter?
I was think exactly the same thing! I'm sure all the commuters currently stuck in their cars just can't wait to get home on a Friday evening to take up the cause! :rolleyes:

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
sad pictures to be seen on twitter.

I just heard a loud blast a few mins ago.

Its not youths - These are men

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
"My understanding is that there's been ongoing attacks at this interface in both directions but yesterday evening houses in the Newtownards Road were attacked from the Short Strand," he said.

"Stones were thrown from the roofs of houses and this evening was a repeat of it. It's a very shocking sign that things are not all well."
:lol: No shit.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Some reports of Shots coming from Catholic side and 2 injured.

Not good at all.

Rooney24

These fecking idiots at it again tonight.

If they'd jobs to get up to in the morning they wouldn't be out throwing bricks and petrol bombs!!

What kind of fecking imbecile small minded bigoted retard do you have to be to go and attack someones home???

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Lads, I'm living down south and the media reports are sketchy as feck. What's kicked it of this time? I heard something about a UVF attack on Sunday night, but no details. It's a wee bit early in the summer for this shit, no?

Gaz.

Well-Liked Assman
UVF Kicking off, Republican's Kicking back

Police confirmed that it was the Republicans that shot the Photographer

PILE OF SHIT!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Lads, I'm living down south and the media reports are sketchy as feck. What's kicked it of this time? I heard something about a UVF attack on Sunday night, but no details. It's a wee bit early in the summer for this shit, no?
Usually 1st/2nd week in July the rumble begins!

To be honest, my guess is that this whole shite was organised by both Republicans & Loyalists together, just for a good oul scrap. There's feck all to do now the football season has finished & the Euro U21's have been poor aswell!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Its all over drugs, every bit off it..its a diversion to tie the cops up so they can get their drugs moved about. Simple as that end of. I swear that helicopter comes back tonight im gettin the biggest pea shooter I can find!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Usually 1st/2nd week in July the rumble begins!

To be honest, my guess is that this whole shite was organised by both Republicans & Loyalists together, just for a good oul scrap. There's feck all to do now the football season has finished & the Euro U21's have been poor aswell!
they couldnt organise a turd in a toilet together...its purely for drugs and drug money!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Its all over drugs, every bit off it..its a diversion to tie the cops up so they can get their drugs moved about. Simple as that end of. I swear that helicopter comes back tonight im gettin the biggest pea shooter I can find!
Wouldnt be surprised man!

Re. pea-shooter - you can borrow mine if you like - just make sure you point it the right way this time:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Was wondering if its proven - which it seems it has, that UVF & Republicans have orchestrated this shit & fired weapons, then these lot have broken the agreement for the early release of prisoners?

I say re-open the Maze, chuck these cnuts back in & leave them there unguarded but locked in!

Irwinwastheking

I don't understand how some of these terrorists who want NI to be out of British hands think violence works.
Simple fact is it won't work. TBH I don't think anyone of sound mind in NI ever thought that the violence since the 70's would bring about a United Ireland. That goes for most of the Provo's and Sein Fein too. What the huge increase in membership and support for the IRA back in the 70's/80's was all about was civil rights and protecting the Nationalist population. From there on the loyalist paramiliataries grew, but not in such significant numbers as the Republicans. I honestly don't believe that the leadership even of these organisations at the time thought that the campaign would lead directly to a United Army. The British army was never going to be beat in Ireland.

What the troubles has undoubtedly brought is greater civil rights for the nationalist people of NI. They now have a stronger political voice and one which fairly represents they're percentage of the population. If a United Ireland was to happen now, it will only be achieved by political means. Those who continue with the campaign of violance are either deluded dinosaurs living in the past or young trouble makers from poor areas who have nothing better to do with their poxy lives!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Simple fact is it won't work. TBH I don't think anyone of sound mind in NI ever thought that the violence since the 70's would bring about a United Ireland. That goes for most of the Provo's and Sein Fein too. What the huge increase in membership and support for the IRA back in the 70's/80's was all about was civil rights and protecting the Nationalist population. From there on the loyalist paramiliataries grew, but not in such significant numbers as the Republicans. I honestly don't believe that the leadership even of these organisations at the time thought that the campaign would lead directly to a United Army. The British army was never going to be beat in Ireland.

What the troubles has undoubtedly brought is greater civil rights for the nationalist people of NI. They now have a stronger political voice and one which fairly represents they're percentage of the population. If a United Ireland was to happen now, it will only be achieved by political means. Those who continue with the campaign of violance are either deluded dinosaurs living in the past or young trouble makers from poor areas who have nothing better to do with their poxy lives!
These section of people - if you can call them that, missed out on the Troubles, so they only need a small excuse to get involved in rioting so they can feel they're part of something. Thats it in a nutshell & that mentality is only goin to dissolve if the parents knock some sense into them at an early age so the foundations are laid & kids can refer back to what they were taught by the parents when gettin a load of aul tripe from some conflict romantic!

shaydun

I don't understand how some of these terrorists who want NI to be out of British hands think violence works.
:confused:
Eh, British politicians have rewarded political violence and ignored constitutional reformers for the best part of 150 years in Ireland.

Political violence works
- that is the message of recent Irish-British history.

Of course, political violence also strengthens the resolve of those who are subject to the violence - but that too can play into the hands of extremists.

The more I think about it, the more confused I am at your post. Irish-British history is littered with violence. You don't think British rule was agreed over tea and buns do you?

It's a fairly depressing reality - those with the capability and the will to inflict violence often get what they want.

I also think you are coming at this from the wrong angle.
Paramilitaries are not concerned that their violence alienates the other side. They aren't really interested in what the other side wants, hence the ease with which they are willing to kill the other side.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
:confused:
Eh, British politicians have rewarded political violence and ignored constitutional reformers for the best part of 150 years in Ireland.

Political violence works
- that is the message of recent Irish-British history.

Of course, political violence also strengthens the resolve of those who are subject to the violence - but that too can play into the hands of extremists.

The more I think about it, the more confused I am at your post. Irish-British history is littered with violence. You don't think British rule was agreed over tea and buns do you?

It's a fairly depressing reality - those with the capability and the will to inflict violence often get what they want.

I also think you are coming at this from the wrong angle.
Paramilitaries are not concerned that their violence alienates the other side. They aren't really interested in what the other side wants, hence the ease with which they are willing to kill the other side.
Ignore him, The Religion has a history of ignorance in this subject.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
I thought that big Sammy was a.....you know.....one a them!! With a name like that you can't blame me! :angel:
A poofter?

I dunno tbh man, but then again he did mention that he was dressing up in spandex to go to a party one night. I asked him "was it fancy dress.." he replied - "yeah it looks gorgeous.."

Never thought much about it til now :confused:

Irwinwastheking

A poofter?

I dunno tbh man, but then again he did mention that he was dressing up in spandex to go to a party one night. I asked him "was it fancy dress.." he replied - "yeah it looks gorgeous.."

Never thought much about it til now :confused:
You sound like a fecking Aussie now man. Go back to your 'Aussie rules is for real men' thread will ya!!