Norwegian Football Thread

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Could someone give me an update on Kristoffer Ajer?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Could someone give me an update on Kristoffer Ajer?
He was really good in the beginning of the 2015 season, but has declined recently. My impression with him is that he isn't really as talented as his reputation suggests.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He was really good in the beginning of the 2015 season, but has declined recently. My impression with him is that he isn't really as talented as his reputation suggests.
K, cheers.

Laphroaig

The help Rosenborg are getting from the refs this season is getting a bit too ridiculous now.
It's every single game. Today: A shite offside call to disallow Start a legit goal, while Rosenborg get a penalty for a foul outside the box. They have won the league, they don't need the help!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What can you people tell me about Jón Daði Böðvarsson (Viking player)? The guy only played one season in the Icelandic PL (grew up in a small team in a small town) and was gone after the summer. Suddenly popped up for Iceland under Lagerbäck at the beginning of this Euro campaign, scored on his debut and his been very good since then. Feels to me that he's too good for the league. Perhaps one of those players that won't shine individually but would look as good in a much better league.

Laphroaig

What can you people tell me about Jón Daði Böðvarsson (Viking player)? The guy only played one season in the Icelandic PL (grew up in a small team in a small town) and was gone after the summer. Suddenly popped up for Iceland under Lagerbäck at the beginning of this Euro campaign, scored on his debut and his been very good since then. Feels to me that he's too good for the league. Perhaps one of those players that won't shine individually but would look as good in a much better league.
He's leaving for K'lautern after the season. I have hardly watched him or his team. I don't think he's a standout player like other decent exports from our league, but I suppose the Germans picked him up for a reason.

http://www.aftenbladet.no/100Sport/...dvarsson-klar-for-Kaiserslautern-569527_1.snd

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He is an odd case. Many people were surprised last year that Bodvarsson (5 goals, 29 games) kept getting into the Icelandic XI ahead of the outstanding Kjartansson (25 goals, 29 games). I guess Bodvarsson is a player that can fit into most philosophies because of his pace and strength while Kjartansson being a natural goalscorer needs the attack built around him. I was at Vålerenga-Viking last month and Bodvarsson was very good that night. Not very spectacular, goes unnoticed but steadily gets the job done.

We (Vålerenga) really missed Kjartansson this season. Very hard to cope without a striker that was scoring at will last year. His replacement is more known for his selfie with Messi during a Copa game than anything else. I have to admit I didn't even know that he had left for the Copa until I saw the Argentina game which goes to tell how crap he was before he left! :p Don't know how Kjartansson has coped in China but I still feel he is a gem and really hope he is involved with you guys at the Euros.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He is an odd case. Many people were surprised last year that Bodvarsson (5 goals, 29 games) kept getting into the Icelandic XI ahead of the outstanding Kjartansson (25 goals, 29 games). I guess Bodvarsson is a player that can fit into most philosophies because of his pace and strength while Kjartansson being a natural goalscorer needs the attack built around him. I was at Vålerenga-Viking last month and Bodvarsson was very good that night. Not very spectacular, goes unnoticed but steadily gets the job done.

We (Vålerenga) really missed Kjartansson this season. Very hard to cope without a striker that was scoring at will last year. His replacement is more known for his selfie with Messi during a Copa game than anything else. I have to admit I didn't even know that he had left for the Copa until I saw the Argentina game which goes to tell how crap he was before he left! :p Don't know how Kjartansson has coped in China but I still feel he is a gem and really hope he is involved with you guys at the Euros.
I don't rate Viðar at all. He's a bit of a douche and I don't feel he offers much. Was surprised when a foreign team bought him. The fact that he went to China, which I highly doubt is as good as the Norwegian league, gives me the impression that he doesn't have a very good mentality. He's the kind of guy that gets shitfaced when his team has more than a week between games. I know this because I've witnessed it.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
On the subject of Norwegians, anyone familiar with T*p Rød, Ann Mari Olsen?

Samid

Hello norwegian caftards. Apparently this norwegian bloke has signed for Braga. His name is Stian Ringstad. Any info on him?

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=589123
Nothing special in my opinion. Was highly rated as a teen but hasn't reached that potential. The fact that he is 24 and has only played once for a national team that isn't even good enough for the extended Euros says it all.

On the subject of Norwegians, anyone familiar with T*p Rød, Ann Mari Olsen?
Yup, been aware of her ever since she burnt a dipper shirt and wrote "feck Liverpool" on her breasts. She is a proper fanatic.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thks for info. Not very encouraging words for my Braga supporting friend but he´s still confident about Ringstad´s possible value because tbf Braga has been doing a good job in their transfer market deals. He will fight for a spot with Djavan (the only left back in the squad) and it´s possible he will get a chance pretty soon since Djavan is injured. I´ll keep updating from time to time.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Yup, been aware of her ever since she burnt a dipper shirt and wrote "feck Liverpool" on her breasts. She is a proper fanatic.
I'm a big fan of her blog, can't understand a word of Norg but I do like her pics.

Samid

Season just got started, a welcome break from watching United. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say. Look what you've done to me Louis.

Got no expectations for Vålerenga. Probably Rosenborg to win it again unfortunately.

Laphroaig

Season just got started, a welcome break from watching United. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say. Look what you've done to me Louis.

Got no expectations for Vålerenga. Probably Rosenborg to win it again unfortunately.
Maybe, it's them or Molde, but I think it's very open. Good to have Brann back again too.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"

Rosenborg and Molde most likely top 2, with Strømsgodset and Odd in the next 2.
Viking and Vålerenga can surprise.
Nice to see Brann Vålerenga again.

I honestly don't really care for Norwegian football, but i watch results and highlights.
Being from western Norway, i have sympathy for Brann and Sogndal, but nothing more :p
Going to be exciting to see how good Brann is this year, after the coach has been there for a year, and started to build his team.
A couple interesting new signings.
I guess the only thing people here in Bergen can hope for, is somewhere in the middle, and stay away from the relegation battle.

Norwegian football need Brann in Tippeligaen, they have so many supporters.

Samid

Rosenborg and Molde most likely top 2, with Strømsgodset and Odd in the next 2.
Viking and Vålerenga can surprise.
Nice to see Brann Vålerenga again.

I honestly don't really care for Norwegian football, but i watch results and highlights.
Being from western Norway, i have sympathy for Brann and Sogndal, but nothing more :p
Going to be exciting to see how good Brann is this year, after the coach has been there for a year, and started to build his team.
A couple interesting new signings.
I guess the only thing people here in Bergen can hope for, is somewhere in the middle, and stay away from the relegation battle.

Norwegian football need Brann in Tippeligaen, they have so many supporters.
I remember Rikard Norling walking in at Brann and saying how they would win the league in his first season, only for them to be relegated. Brann fans/staff in general could do with being a bit more humble and realistic. I think you are right in saying Brann should hope to finish somewhere between 8-12 and build on it next year.

Grylte

I remember Rikard Norling walking in at Brann and saying how they would win the league in his first season, only for them to be relegated. Brann fans/staff in general could do with being a bit more humble and realistic. I think you are right in saying Brann should hope to finish somewhere between 8-12 and build on it next year.
He didn't say that, it was all fecked up by the media, which i find a bit amusing.
What he did say, was that "we go into every match trying to win it, and if we do that, we win the league" - with a smile on his face.

As i said, i don't really care much, but i have sympathy with Brann, cause i have lots of mates who love them, but this quote was really messed up by media and opposing fans, to be fair.

Laphroaig

Odd!

All top teams have to cope with losing key players, I suppose that's the curse of success in Europe. Molde lost Linnes, Berg Hestad, Hussain, Kamara and Singh, and they've still not really replaced Nyland and Hovland. But they'll b exciting with all their kids - and Eidur. Roseborg lost Selnæs and Søderlund. Is Rashani intended to replace Selnæs? Godset lost Fossum and Wikheim...

I get the impression that the Brann fans are level headed this season. They know the main target is to stay up, and that something close to midtable will be fine for this season. No LAN party quite yet, but I think he's the right man for the job. I have a soft spot for them, but after Solskjær's return it's all about Molde for me.

Whether we like Riise or not, I'm glad that they finally sorted out that nonsense and let him play for Ålesund.

arthurka

Odd!

All top teams have to cope with losing key players, I suppose that's the curse of success in Europe. Molde lost Linnes, Berg Hestad, Hussain, Kamara and Singh, and they've still not really replaced Nyland and Hovland. But they'll b exciting with all their kids - and Eidur. Roseborg lost Selnæs and Søderlund. Is Rashani intended to replace Selnæs? Godset lost Fossum and Wikheim...

I get the impression that the Brann fans are level headed this season. They know the main target is to stay up, and that something close to midtable will be fine for this season. No LAN party quite yet, but I think he's the right man for the job. I have a soft spot for them, but after Solskjær's return it's all about Molde for me.

Whether we like Riise or not, I'm glad that they finally sorted out that nonsense and let him play for Ålesund.
Didn't Ole sign Gudjohnsen for Molde?

Asger

As an Icelander I guess I will be checking this thread a lot next months..

Taxx

John Arne Riise is finally home. :drool:

That alone is such a boost for Aalesund. Feeling more confident we can stay up this season now.

Samid

As an Icelander I guess I will be checking this thread a lot next months..
Any new ones joined in the winter? I haven't paid much attention in pre season. Always seems to be a few joining every year. Some settle down, others use it as a springboard to bigger leagues.

Asger

Any new ones joined in the winter? I haven't paid much attention in pre season. Always seems to be a few joining every year. Some settle down, others use it as a springboard to bigger leagues.
Aron Sigurdsson (AML/R) to Tromso, Hannes Halldorsson (GK) on loan to Bodo/Glimt. Kristinn Jonsson (DL) to Sarpsborg 08. Adam Örn Arnarsson (DC) to Alesund. Overall there are 13 players from Iceland in the league and one manager. There are only two players in the 1st division. Ingvar Jonsson (GK) and Steinþór Freyr Þorsteinsson, did play I think 3 seasons with Viking.

p.s. The biggest name is Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Grylte

Going to be an exciting end to the game in Drammen.
Red card to Strømsgodset, then Brann gets 2-2 just minutes later.

Laphroaig

Aron Sigurdsson (AML/R) to Tromso, Hannes Halldorsson (GK) on loan to Bodo/Glimt. Kristinn Jonsson (DL) to Sarpsborg 08. Adam Örn Arnarsson (DC) to Alesund. Overall there are 13 players from Iceland in the league and one manager. There are only two players in the 1st division. Ingvar Jonsson (GK) and Steinþór Freyr Þorsteinsson, did play I think 3 seasons with Viking.

p.s. The biggest name is Eidur Gudjohnsen.
Tor-Kristian Karlsen mentioned Sigurdsson as one of the best signings (together with Aursnes, both scored today). http://www.tv2.no/sport/8119891/ Too bad he signed for such a boring and poor team.

Grylte

Did viking get a new coach?
Pretty sure i heard last year that it was Jönssons' last season at Viking.
Or am i wrong?