Norwegian Football Thread

Laphroaig

Watched Molde vs Haugesund. Awful match, Molde have regressed so much (but may easily grab the 2nd place). But! The return of the Gatt, after three years and three ACLs. It's beautiful in itself that he's back, but it was a terrific cameo as well. Couldn't find a video of the sending off, when Gatt was assaulted by Nemanja xxxic, but here's a nice almost-assist.

Cute "interview" with a giddy Gatt after the match

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
So.. What is happening with our national team these days? How on earth can we allow NFF to get away with comments like 'Our manager have no expectations' or 'no set targets' after looking likely not to qualify for yet another tournament. After losing the latest game, it's safe to say that we're probably at our lowest point for quite a while... and it's not looking like it's going to get any better.

Laphroaig

So.. What is happening with our national team these days? How on earth can we allow NFF to get away with comments like 'Our manager have no expectations' or 'no set targets' after looking likely not to qualify for yet another tournament. After losing the latest game, it's safe to say that we're probably at our lowest point for quite a while... and it's not looking like it's going to get any better.
There are so many things wrong with Høgmo, he clearly has to go as soon as NFF (:() can line up a good replacement. (Drillo till the end of the Danish season, anyone?)

Some worrying attitudes in the squad as well. Selnæs blaming the ref and his team mates while refusing to accept blame for the goal, Henriksen's insane paranoia...

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I agree, it seems as though the players are not up for a fight everytime they join up with the national team. I seem to recall King saying that the national team was boring, and it was boring to play for Norway. They all seem to be very casual when playing as well, and none of the players are taking any responsibility. It's really insane that they are 'shocked' at the critisism in the media..

Laphroaig

I agree, it seems as though the players are not up for a fight everytime they join up with the national team. I seem to recall King saying that the national team was boring, and it was boring to play for Norway. They all seem to be very casual when playing as well, and none of the players are taking any responsibility. It's really insane that they are 'shocked' at the critisism in the media..
Well, would you be motivated to fight for Høgmo? His press coferences are possibly even more frustrating than the games. But at least the flight home went smoothly.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Why on earth are we playing a 4-4-2 with Berget and Skjelbreid as wingers, with Henriksen up top? It just doesnt make any sense at all..

Laphroaig

Why on earth are we playing a 4-4-2 with Berget and Skjelbreid as wingers, with Henriksen up top? It just doesnt make any sense at all..
4-4-2 makes sense. Henriksen and Skjelbreid don't. What's the team?

Our kids once again outperforming the oldies. Surely if we get a decent coach at the helm there is hope.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Today we might have a chance.... Nomatter which 11 starts and in whatever position they play.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
4-4-2 makes sense. Henriksen and Skjelbreid don't. What's the team?

Our kids once again outperforming the oldies. Surely if we get a decent coach at the helm there is hope.
4-4-2 is fine, its the players in the different roles that baffle me. Why not Samuelsen and Dio on the wings against amateurs?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
This SM-team lost 10-0 vs Croatia, 1-0 vs Azerbasjan (:nervous:) and 4-0 vs Northern Ireland.. We should be cruising, but man.. No Norwegian player has scored against SM yet.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Who is now the super star* in Norway?

* In football and I'm serious.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
That was never offside though

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Russia, here we come.
I totally forgot they're actually getting a World Cup. Two things could stop this.

1) WW3 and mutually assured destruction.
2) It comes to light that the Russkis bought the tournament.

It'll probably still happen though, but this is for another thread a guess.

Anyway, yeah, congratulations on the San Marino thing :D It's strange to think you were #2 in the world once.

donkeyfish

There's a shit mentality in that national side at the moment. The players look like they couldn't care less, even to the extent that it is noticeable watching the games on TV (not just me, other coaches point it out as well).

Whatever Høgmo is trying, its failing. It might be a good idea (like LvG), but the implementation sucks.

We should have enough power to be an OK national side. We have 4 PL players, some Bundesliga as well.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
There's a shit mentality in that national side at the moment. The players look like they couldn't care less, even to the extent that it is noticeable watching the games on TV (not just me, other coaches point it out as well).

Whatever Høgmo is trying, its failing. It might be a good idea (like LvG), but the implementation sucks.

We should have enough power to be an OK national side. We have 4 PL players, some Bundesliga as well.
I think you should have taken Ole after he was sacked from Cardiff.