Norwegian Football Thread

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
And after Solskjær's career, the players have huge respect for him, and I'm sure that will give some extra motivation.
Think Solbakken would be a good candidate.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I'd like that. Even if he hasn't had a stellar managerial career, he seems to care a lot about the group mentality in a squad. Just what we need atm.

Won't be surprised if he'd rather go for a club job though.
He's already back at Molde, and not exactly pulling up trees there at the moment. They've turned it around a bit, but it looks like he's lost his midas touch when it comes to management.

It will be Solbakken, one way or another. My guess is that they'll rather keep Høgmo around until Solbakken's up for it, than going for someone else this time around.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
And after Solskjær's career, the players have huge respect for him, and I'm sure that will give some extra motivation.
Think Solbakken would be a good candidate.
Solbakken is the most obvious candidate if it has to be a Norwegian. His second spell in charge of FC Copenhagen is peaking right now and a number of the top players in the team could be out when next season starts, so maybe it would be a good time for him to leave and take over the national team.

Grylte

He's already back at Molde, and not exactly pulling up trees there at the moment. They've turned it around a bit, but it looks like he's lost his midas touch when it comes to management..
Was alot easier the first time, when he had unlimited amount of money, after Norwegian football standards, and could buy every player he wanted.
Lost several top players since then.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's already back at Molde, and not exactly pulling up trees there at the moment. They've turned it around a bit, but it looks like he's lost his midas touch when it comes to management.
Poor guy, Cardiff will do that to people.

Grylte

Solbakken is the most obvious candidate if it has to be a Norwegian. His second spell in charge of FC Copenhagen is peaking right now and a number of the top players in the team could be out when next season starts, so maybe it would be a good time for him to leave and take over the national team.
I don't think he wants to be stuck at Copenhagen forever either, no offense to them or the Danish league.
He tried it once with Cologne, then Wolves, but failed, he is doing well now, and i think he wants/is ready to take a step up again.
Even if Norway is bad right now, taking over a national team is definitely a step up.

donkeyfish

It will be Solbakken, one way or another. My guess is that they'll rather keep Høgmo around until Solbakken's up for it, than going for someone else this time around.
I wouldn't mind that either, and frankly I find that more likely. But I think both are good candidates, Solskjær has an attitude towards football I very much agree with.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Was alot easier the first time, when he had unlimited amount of money, after Norwegian football standards, and could buy every player he wanted.
Lost several top players since then.
Yes, true.

I wouldn't mind that either, and frankly I find that more likely. But I think both are good candidates, Solskjær has an attitude towards football I very much agree with.
Absolutely, I agree.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It has to be Solbakken. Or Lagerbäck, but why would he leave Iceland?
Lagerbäck has basically retired. He's got a cushy job with Sweden that's close to home (literally home). The man is 68 years old, he doesn't have to do this anymore.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I totally forgot they're actually getting a World Cup. Two things could stop this.

1) WW3 and mutually assured destruction.
2) It comes to light that the Russkis bought the tournament.

It'll probably still happen though, but this is for another thread a guess.

Anyway, yeah, congratulations on the San Marino thing :D It's strange to think you were #2 in the world once.
Thanks but us being high up the Fifa ranking was a freak and won't happen again
We have found our level and sitting through 90 + mins with the NT is hard work.

Grylte

Thanks but us being high up the Fifa ranking was a freak and won't happen again
We have found our level and sitting through 90 + mins with the NT is hard work.
The English complain.... they have no idea!

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Yeah but at least you don't have a media that expects you to reach the final of every major tournament every time.

Everybody laughs at England for being shit, but only because the media here overhypes our chances of winning something.
Nobody laughs at Norway, because you don't expect to win anything.

Grylte

Yeah but at least you don't have a media that expects you to reach the final of every major tournament every time.

Everybody laughs at England for being shit, but only because the media here overhypes our chances of winning something.
Nobody laughs at Norway, because you don't expect to win anything.
Not on the same level as in England, but we expect our team to dominate Azerbadjsjan(or how it's spelt), and not let San Marino score :)
And i think myself and most people in Norway expect us to qualify for tournaments once in a while.
I think France was last tournament we were in.
Just look at some of the teams in last WC and Euros who qualified ahead of us.
Norwegians are very interested in football, it's sad we can't have a decent National team.

Grylte

Euros in 2000.

Some perspective to appreciate how long its been: Yugoslavia was in our group.
Ah right!
Was in the navy that year, probably why i don't remember.
Still way too long!

Asger

Oh...
Psh, six years younger than Drillo. SAF went on till he was 72. Clinton and Trump are 70. He can do it.
If he wouldn't have retired he would for sure still be our national coach.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Euros in 2000.

Some perspective to appreciate how long its been: Yugoslavia was in our group.
Had a pretty decent team back then with Flo, Ole, Berg, Rekdal, Mykland, The Poo duo and the youngsters Riise, Carew. Thought he'd become one of the best when he came to Valencia. That overhead kick he almost scored vs Ars - if only :drool:

donkeyfish

Had a pretty decent team back then with Flo, Ole, Berg, Rekdal, Mykland, The Poo duo and the youngsters Riise, Carew. Thought he'd become one of the best when he came to Valencia. That overhead kick he almost scored vs Ars - if only :drool:
Me too, arguably the most talented Norwegian ever. Remember watching him live in 97/98, bossed the league at 17

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Look at the bright side, we won't be drawn in the same group as San Marino in the future. We will be in the same pot as them.
:lol:

...but I bet if you're in England's group you'd still get a draw or a win.

:(

Not on the same level as in England, but we expect our team to dominate Azerbadjsjan(or how it's spelt), and not let San Marino score :)
And i think myself and most people in Norway expect us to qualify for tournaments once in a while.
I think France was last tournament we were in.
Just look at some of the teams in last WC and Euros who qualified ahead of us.
Norwegians are very interested in football, it's sad we can't have a decent National team.
Sounds just like England to me. People call it the 'home of football' - I really am not sure if this is true, but seriously, for a country with an amazing league and such great facilities - our National Team is pathetic.

Grylte

Huuuuge day in my football life today, close to the treble season.
My local team got promoted to OBOS-ligaen (second tier in Norway) for the first time ever.
10k people living here, and 2700 in the stadium... fantastic!
And i'm working in a pub tonight, not partying... :(

Anyhow, if any Norwegians are interested, they can see my team Florø on TV2 22:15, when we played the deciding match vs Nest-Sotra today :)

Feck... wish i could drink at work.
People will probably be so wasted that they don't care what drinks i mix anyway :p

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Good news for some posters here.

Make the necessary for your children to play for the National Team in the future :angel:

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
1 win in 4 games, and the dream of playing in Russia 2018 is pretty much dead. And we barely won against San Marino.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I heard Daehli had a few glimpses of promise in his cameo? Really hope he overcomes the injuries.