Norwegian Football Thread

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Grylte, definitely looking forward to this more than under Høgmo that's for sure. Lagerbeck is rather direct in his approach so we will see that from the first game.

Asger

No idea what Lagerbäck plans, we don't have hard working players like he had with Iceland, quite excited to see Norway play for once.
He made them hard working... Gylfi was not before Lagerback as hardworking as he is now..

Laphroaig

And Berget, King, Johansen and Søderlund are hardworking. I've no clue about Berge, but I'm sure there's a reason Lagerbäck has decided to use him. We could do without Selnæs' ridiculous ban though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
And Berget, King, Johansen and Søderlund are hardworking. I've no clue about Berge, but I'm sure there's a reason Lagerbäck has decided to use him. We could do without Selnæs' ridiculous ban though.
Selnæs is a grade A cnut. He needs to grow up. Let's hope he'll come back more mature.

Berge is built like a tank. Hopefully he's the right Tettey replacement.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He made them hard working... Gylfi was not before Lagerback as hardworking as he is now..
Yeah, but not sure that can be done with our players.
Would be nice to finally get a team who atleast looks like they play for the shirt, and the flag.

Grylte

Looking forward to the first game of OBOS-Ligaen today.
It's the first time Florø plays in the second tier, and the whole town is excited for todays game against Jerv.
I'm sure we'll beat them, i predict Florø-Jerv 2-0 :cool::D

CallMeV

Brann showing great character coming back from 2-0 down at Fosshaugane, with half an hour to go, to snatch an impressive 2-3 win agaist an in form Sogndal, with two goals in the last 10!

Rosenborg only managed 1-1 against LSK at Lerkendal and are now only 1 point ahead of Brann.

Gullet ska hem :devil:

What has changed in 7 years? Some Norwegian posters have disappeared?
The season started April 1st.

Grylte

Brann showing great character coming back from 2-0 down at Fosshaugane, with half an hour to go, to snatch an impressive 2-3 win agaist an in form Sogndal, with two goals in the last 10!

Rosenborg only managed 1-1 against LSK at Lerkendal and are now only 1 point ahead of Brann.

Doubt Brann will win this year, but would be amazing!
Hope for another top 3, and maybe challenge Rosenborg next year :)

CallMeV

Doubt Brann will win this year, but would be amazing!
It was slightly tounge in cheek, but you never know. Stranger things have happened, in the PL, last season ;)

Let's at least hope we don't have to sit through another 44 year drought.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It was slightly tounge in cheek, but you never know. Stranger things have happened, in the PL, last season ;)

Let's at least hope we don't have to sit through another 44 year drought.
Don't complain. Tromsø haven't won ever, that's 97 years without a league trophy :mad:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

I don't know, people probably realised the league was dull as feck. Barely anyone goes to games anymore.

The thread is from 2014, not April :lol:
:lol:

:(

Laphroaig

Huh? It's from 2010, and the point was that the season has just started. But yeah, most of the active posters in that thread has left.

It looked like it would be a boring season with Rosenborg running away with the title, but they've been awful for a while now. Bendtner has ruined them. Lars Arne Nilsen is actually a genius, sølvet skal hem. And when will Solskjær be fired? He seems incapable of turning things around when his teams are out of form.

Grylte

I'm mainly following OBOS this year, since my local team plays there for the first time in our history, but normally in the top division, i follow Brann, with a soft spot for Sogndal.
Good to see both doing ok so far. Mid table is alright for Sogndal.

Hope Florø beat Bodø-Glimt today, think we will!

Laphroaig

I'm mainly following OBOS this year, since my local team plays there for the first time in our history, but normally in the top division, i follow Brann, with a soft spot for Sogndal.
Good to see both doing ok so far. Mid table is alright for Sogndal.

Hope Florø beat Bodø-Glimt today, think we will!
Do you have a decent chance of staying up? I love that they've finally sorted out the 2nd division.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Huh? It's from 2010, and the point was that the season has just started. But yeah, most of the active posters in that thread has left.
:confused: Downcast asked what has changed in 7 years because this thread isn't as active as the 2010 one. Then that newbie replied that this season started in April, to which I replied that this thread is from 2014 and not April.

Grylte

Do you have a decent chance of staying up? I love that they've finally sorted out the 2nd division.
Definitely.
And it's not just the patriot in me that's saying that.
We have been just as good, or better, than every team we've met this far.
Lost 1-4 to Start, but that was an even game, where when Florø had to go forward to score goals, Start scored 2 on counter.
Last game vs Åsane was frustrating to watch, we outplayed them for 90 minutes, they scored on 1 of their 2 chances.
They spent the entire second half wasting time. Worst team Florø has played the last 2-3 seasons.

Had a couple very unfortuntate injuries this season, our top scorer has been out for most of the season, think he played 2 halves, and scored one goal.
Our CDM and LB has been out aswell, the LB is the best freekick and corner taker, and we score many goals that way.

The team is built around our class of 95 :) who have played together since they were kids, with the same coach.
They know each other very well, and the coach knows what he gets from the team he puts out.
The playstyle is very hard to beat, high energy and defensive work rate, the midfielders run 13km each every game, and with lots of pace up front, we score alot on counters.

My biggest worry, is that the teams under us will probably start winning soon, so we need to get the points.
First 6 was 4 draws, 1 win, 1 loss, so need to start winning the draws!

Lots of enthusiasm around the team in the town too, there's about 10k people living there, and there's 1500 on every home match.
Show me another team who can get 15% of the population to the stadium :)

This is the game against Åsane, we filled up the away section, and several seats in the home section.
About 4 hours drive from Florø ;)

Laphroaig

:confused: Downcast asked what has changed in 7 years because this thread isn't as active as the 2010 one. Then that newbie replied that this season started in April, to which I replied that this thread is from 2014 and not April.
Oh, I didn't realize this one's from 2014.

CallMeV

Ah, my mistake. I didn't read the whole thread, I just made an (incorrect) assumption based on the thread title.

8 pages in 3 and-a-bit seasons is kind of depressing...

A bit like the league itself :lol:

Laphroaig

Definitely.
And it's not just the patriot in me that's saying that.
We have been just as good, or better, than every team we've met this far.
Lost 1-4 to Start, but that was an even game, where when Florø had to go forward to score goals, Start scored 2 on counter.
Last game vs Åsane was frustrating to watch, we outplayed them for 90 minutes, they scored on 1 of their 2 chances.
They spent the entire second half wasting time. Worst team Florø has played the last 2-3 seasons.

Had a couple very unfortuntate injuries this season, our top scorer has been out for most of the season, think he played 2 halves, and scored one goal.
Our CDM and LB has been out aswell, the LB is the best freekick and corner taker, and we score many goals that way.

The team is built around our class of 95 :) who have played together since they were kids, with the same coach.
They know each other very well, and the coach knows what he gets from the team he puts out.
The playstyle is very hard to beat, high energy and defensive work rate, the midfielders run 13km each every game, and with lots of pace up front, we score alot on counters.

My biggest worry, is that the teams under us will probably start winning soon, so we need to get the points.
First 6 was 4 draws, 1 win, 1 loss, so need to start winning the draws!

Lots of enthusiasm around the team in the town too, there's about 10k people living there, and there's 1500 on every home match.
Show me another team who can get 15% of the population to the stadium :)

This is the game against Åsane, we filled up the away section, and several seats in the home section.
About 4 hours drive from Florø ;)
Wow, more than Kante!

Good to hear. Hope you stay up. Has Sogn og Fjordane had other teams in the top two divisions except for Sogndal? Can't think of any.

Grylte

Wow, more than Kante!

Good to hear. Hope you stay up. Has Sogn og Fjordane had other teams in the top two divisions except for Sogndal? Can't think of any.
No, this is the first team other than Sogndal.
Florø and Førde played in the third tier for a while now, but none of them close to one more promotion before last year.
7-9 local lads start every game, which is quite unique aswell, probably plays a huge part in the enthusiasm

I used to train with the first team when i was 14-16, but only get to play with the reserves...
Closest i ever got to becoming a football superstar! :)

Grylte

@Laphroaig did you see our winning goal against Fredrikstad?
Skip to about 2:50, was a couple minutes in injury time.

Shady

To be fair to him, they don't really play to his strengths.

Grylte

Random enough!

Can't wait for Obos-ligaen to start again. Great fun watching my local team play there for the first time, and doing well.