Norwich City 21/22

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
5 played 0 points

How long can the run keep going? What's the record?

Nero

I've never known a team be so consistently too good for the Championship and so terrible in the Premier League.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I had a look on one of their forums t'other day and they seem split. Some are sick of being the whipping boys of the PL and want change, and some are "trusting the process"

They don't rate 'r Brandon, and, whilst they admit that they can see Gilmour becoming a good player, they think he isn't good enough to start for them right now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Play us next so look forward to their first points.

::sonny::

Good and structured club in general, but completely flopped the transfers and these are the results

Schneiderman

I had a look on one of their forums t'other day and they seem split. Some are sick of being the whipping boys of the PL and want change, and some are "trusting the process"

They don't rate 'r Brandon, and, whilst they admit that they can see Gilmour becoming a good player, they think he isn't good enough to start for them right now.
Williams has been awful for them so far, I'm surprised he's starting. The problem with Gilmour is he's just too soft for a team that isn't going to dominate the game in this league, offers nothing off the ball. I thought Kabak could be a great signing but poor start for him yesterday too.

At least last time they were capable of scoring, but without Buendia they've got absolutely nothing. They struggled in the Championship when he was missing too. Doubt they get many more than 20 points.

drdoityourself

Norwich has been a team I've had the softest of spots for, going on 25 years now. I've watched them a fair bit and saw the game yesterday.

The problems are always the same. Guys who just aren't good enough for this league are getting chance after chance. Grant Hanley is proven to be not good enough, yet he is the captain. Ben Gibson has been dropped, but he is at least miles better than Hanley. Farke's loyalty to players is often not warranted.
Another Scotsman, Kenny McLean is another one, good in the Championship but has no business here. Rupp has finally been dropped for new signing Normann, who actually looks decent.

Other signings are far from convincing, Rashica was signed to replace Buendia but looks out of his depth, it's early days though.
The last thing this soft defense needed was Brandon Williams, he has some decent traits but his flaws are just too big for a club that needs to tighten up. Caught out of position far too often. Seems like another repeat of history with Norwich there, when they were too excited to bring in a United player they forgot to check if he actually brought something to the team. The last one was Ritchie de Laet.

The loss at home to Watford was really deflating, you could see the belief fizzle out. I really worry for this season. Watford have that X-factor in Sarr, I fear Norwich selling Buendia will be their undoing, even if they can shore up in defense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They really should stop messing about and get in some experienced CB.

Really think someone like Gary Cahill on one year deal is what they need but then Farke parks his defence 40 yards from goal so he'd get exposed compared to what Palace played last few seasons.

Some of the goals they give away are so poor though, same story as two years ago.

Brophs

The One and Only
I feel for them. They're trying to do the right things and to live within their means. They seem have put in place an overall structure that would survive a change of manager but the side looks really poor and almost exactly like last time, they appear to have really struggled to get players better than those that got them out of the Championship. I'd be amazed if they don't go back down 20 points or so but I wonder whether this cycle can continually repeat itself or will they try to push it a bit more at some stage. They'll probably lose Aarons and Cantwell in the next couple of years and convincing players of that sort of level to come in has been really tricky for them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Farke will be a decent manager somewhere else, Norwich just don't have the players to be able to transfer their style into points in the PL. They've not been that bad this year but every side in the league has better players than them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's a shame. I think they're a decent club with good support even if it does take ages to get there.

Pointless them being in prem though. They gave it more of a go last time for half a season although that was more Pukki started that season really well while he's barely scored this time.

Is Max Aarons still decent? Can remember this time last year him being linked to Bayern Munich and Barcelona in the press!

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I bet they wont fire the manager either or at least do it too late for an impact.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Awful stuff, hope like David Brooks it's been diagnosed quickly and he can fully recover after treatment in time.

In other news, actually been waiting for this thread to be bumped as I keep hearing Norwich spent over 50m this summer. Looked at their team at the weekend and it's mostly players they had before like Pukki, Cantwell, Max Aarons, Krul and Kenny McClean plus a few randoms. Milot Rashica cost about 10m didn't he and he would've been good for them about 18 months ago as he was pretty good for Bremen before getting injured and losing form.

No idea who they've spent other 40m on.

Schneiderman

Awful stuff, hope like David Brooks it's been diagnosed quickly and he can fully recover after treatment in time.

In other news, actually been waiting for this thread to be bumped as I keep hearing Norwich spent over 50m this summer. Looked at their team at the weekend and it's mostly players they had before like Pukki, Cantwell, Max Aarons, Krul and Kenny McClean plus a few randoms. Milot Rashica cost about 10m didn't he and he would've been good for them about 18 months ago as he was pretty good for Bremen before getting injured and losing form.

No idea who they've spent other 40m on.
Horrible especially at that age. You'd hope it was diagnosed early being around medical people every day.

Another 10 million on Tzolis, Giannoulis and Gibson's loans from last year were made permanent. Lees-Melou, Sargent and Gunn must have all cost 5-10 each and I imagine they've added the loan fees on that figure. I guess it adds up quickly.

Most of that money came from Buendia's sale though so it's not like they've done a Fulham!

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Unfortunate for them, their two best players from last season, Skipp and Buendia got pilfered. Well, Skipp returned to Spurs as he was a loan, and is now a starter in midfield for them, and Buendia was purchased by Villa. That would be tough for just about any team.

Idxomer

His record is the same as Manchester United in the last 5 games.

Wrong decision to sack him after they picked up form today.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Seems random after winning but understandable due to previous results.

drdoityourself

Strange timing. Won their first game today. The Norwich board haven't seen a Premier League win in ages probably didn't know how to react.

Chipper

Adulterer.
His record is the same as Manchester United in the last 5 games.

Wrong decision to sack him after they picked up form today.
Would assume the decision was made before today. The win today was completely irrelevant if so. International break now to get a new guy in, who may well already be lined up and good to go on Monday.

Middlesbrough doing something similar in the Championship this evening. Sacked off Warnock following a decent point against WBA because they wanted Wilder in. Boro weren't doing that badly in general either.

lsd

The Oracle
Norwich acting quickly sensing Ole will soon be available

Blood Mage

When even Norwich are more decisive and proactive than Manchester United...

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oles job safe if you need to win a match to be sacked.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I know Roy was a guest of Delia’s at a game a few weeks back and IMO they could do an awful lot worse than to bring him in until the end of the season.