Romero

Laird Bailly Mengi Williams

Mctominay Garner

Greenwood Mata James

Ighalo

Should be enough to do the job

crossy1686

career ending
    Would love to see Garner in action today if possible but would like a fairly strong side to start the game and bring on 5 of the back up lads once the game is dead.

Alemar

It would be important today to improve goal stats for Greenwood

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Romero

Laird Bailly Mengi Williams

Mctominay Garner

Greenwood Mata James

Ighalo

Should be enough to do the job
    There's no way it's going to be that weak man. I expect changes but not chucking kids in who have barely ever played in first team if ever.

Dan_F

Garner? There’s zero chance. I’d be absolutely shocked if it’s not McTominay and Fred.

I think it’ll be a few of those 5 that came on the other day, plus Willams, Bailly and Romero. Although Ole has gone way stronger than I’ve thought previously.

Andersonson

It would be important today to improve goal stats for Greenwood
    Stats? I would much rather we see more involvement and a mature performance.

I want to see him taking on defenders when its correct to do it. Play one-twos and good movement into channels.

We know he can finish. Its the rest that needs development

Litch

No idea why he'd make changes when I'd have thought players need games to get their legs underneath them. Also Pogs and Burno need game time together.....

Web of Bissaka

No idea why he'd make changes when I'd have thought players need games to get their legs underneath them. Also Pogs and Burno need game time together.....
    Serious? We're heading into a heavy hectic schedule of games. Not much rests in between.

Need to start managing fitness and freshness. Need to also give the "fringe" players games so they'll gain some match sharpness just in case we need 'em.

I imagine the final 2-3 games this season will be "dragging", tough to watch as players are too fatigued.

roseguy64

Because we need to rotate the squad. The schedule is condensed.

Red00012

Back to business today folks. I haven't turned on the TV or radio since Thursday night (I can well imagine what Sky Sports News will be like) and the silence has been lovely. Today's game is a great opportunity for us to progress against a poor Norwich side. We can give some squad players a game, but I wouldn't be making wholesale changes; the cup is our chance to get a trophy. Romero to play; I'd like to see Dan James and big Ighalo play. Is Bailly fit to play? If so, give him a game.

2-0 United. We should be comfortable against Norwich.
    Have done the same . Sky sports news will have a liver love in for the time been so best to avoid . I’ve also changed the channel (tv and radio) anytime it comes up.
    It helps the bars are closed also

sillwuka

Eager to see Williams, Bailly and Ighalo start.

We need to keep some of our rythym going so I still expect to see Rashford and Pogba play some part.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    I'm hoping we don't make too many changes. We shouldn't underestimate Norwich..

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    I'm hoping we don't make too many changes. We shouldn't underestimate Norwich..
    Im not expecting loads of changes. I reckon Ole is looking at our fixture pile up and thinking the likes of Bruno, Pogba, Rashford etc are capable of playing 70 minutes or so in each, and that this should be enough to guarantee wins.

It's a full-on period of games, but against very beatable opponents.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    It'll be a full 2nd midfield and attack, with Maguire in the back 4 and the rest changed IMO.
    Romero
    Dalot Bailly Maguire Williams
    McTominay Fred
    Lingard Mata James
    Ighalo​

Would be surprised at anything else. Its a very good team to pick from considering its a full 2nd 11 (apart from Maguire). Might be Pereira in there somewhere just not sure for who.

Last edited:

Jim Reaper

It's not going to happen but I'd love see Mengi and Mejbri and even Gomes if he's going to stay.

The first team squad players and Mengi, Mejbri and Gomes coming on would be great.

Ighalo
    James Gomes greenwood
    Fred McTom
    Williams Dalot/laird
    Maguire Bailly
    Romero

Subs:

Mejbri
    Pogba
    Mata
    Laird/Dalot
    Grant/kovar
    Chong
    Matic
    Rashford
    Mengi

I'd like to see this. With Mejbri, Laird and Mengi coming on if everything's going well.
    But it won't be, Lingard and Pereira will play I think. Ole will use all the squad players for this one.

Something like:

Ighalo
    James Lingard Pereira
    Fred McTom
    Williams. Dalot
    Maguire Bailly
    Romero

Mata could swap with either Lingard or Pereira and the one that misses out on starting will come on.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

This is an FA Cup quarterfinal, not the league cup 2nd round! Some of these teams selections are just so off the pace!

The senior backup players must play today and get some match fitness in order to prepare them for the league run in and be ready to contribute when called upon.

I really hope that Maguire can rest today, but the fact that Jones and Axel are injured is again not a surprise more disappointing especially for Axel.

Paul_Scholes18

Pogba need to play this. Martial too. Need to get Pogba into top form and with Martial to keep the momentum going. If we got a good result then take them off. Rather than doing the other way around if we mess it up with a weaker side.

Last edited:

Jim Reaper

This is an FA Cup quarterfinal, not the league cup 2nd round! Some of these teams selections are just so off the pace!

The senior backup players must play today and get some match fitness in order to prepare them for the league run in and be ready to contribute when called upon.

I really hope that Maguire can rest today, but the fact that Jones and Axel are injured is again not a surprise more disappointing especially for Axel.
    It's Norwich. They are bad and off-form. We need to focus on the league. I would like to see a mix of squad players and youth and if all is going well then the other youth players coming on.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Completely agree, not the time to dick about with Garner etc.

Want some first 11 players to play to try and kill the game and then rest them. Rashford should play as he needs a goal, maybe Maguire as we are light as the back.

No Love

The problem we have is the huge drop off in quality if we rotate in certain areas. Bringing in Fred or McTominay for Matic isn’t catastrophic. Equally, bringing in Bailly for Lindelof is fine, in fact, maybe even preferable. However, bringing in Lingard/Pereira for Bruno/Pogba really blunts our attacking threat. For that reason, I’d like to see 2/3 little tweaks, go out strong and win this match in the opening 60-70 minutes. From such a point, we could make changes with on eye on the next fixture.

edcunited1878

It's Norwich. They are bad and off-form. We need to focus on the league. I would like to see a mix of squad players and youth and if all is going well then the other youth players coming on.
    So what if they're off form. This is a cup game and quarterfinal with the winner going to Wembley even if it's not the same circumstances. A handful of Norwich starting XI did not start midweek and word is that they'll be selected today and going against a crop of academy players who havent had 90 minutes of senior football combined are being rolled into the United first eleven when they havent even featured on the first team bench!

I'm all for being creative with starting lineups, but some of these selections are fecking fantasy football lalala land stuff.

SATA

We’ll lose the game if James, Bruno, Jesse and Ighalo are the front 4. I absolutely do not have confidence in them to win the game. Need two of Rashford and Pogba/Bruno in there

Jim Reaper

So what if they're off form. This is a cup game and quarterfinal with the winner going to Wembley even if it's not the same circumstances. A handful of Norwich starting XI did not start midweek and word is that they'll be selected today and going against a crop of academy players who havent had 90 minutes of senior football combined are being rolled into the United first eleven when they havent even featured on the first team bench!

I'm all for being creative with starting lineups, but some of these selections are fecking fantasy football lalala land stuff.
    I get you. I think there should be an opportunity for the youth though. Mejbri, Laird, Mengi should have a spot atleast on the bench and with the increase in subs it shouldn't be hard to do. First team should be a mix of first team and squad players.

Marcus

Norwich will play a weakened team. Staying up is more important for them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Norwich will play a weakened team. Staying up is more important for them.
    I think opposite. They know its all over for them, 21 points is absolute rock bottom, they are 6 points from matching the team above them.

The FA cup is their best chance to end with a bang, even if its just a final.

edcunited1878

I think opposite. They know its all over for them, 21 points is absolute rock bottom, they are 6 points from matching the team above them.

The FA cup is their best chance to end with a bang, even if its just a final.
    Yep, they may as well try to do a Wigan.

Paul_Scholes18

Hope to see a great side. If Ole plays with a weak side then I don't think he is the right manager for us. We need to aim to win things.
    He managed the side well in earlier rounds though. So I trust him to put up a strong enough side to win tonight.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This. Our best chance of a trophy!

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Dumb team selection. If Bruno or Pogba get injured we’re fecked
    What's the lineup? Pros and cons on whatever he does, but if he goes strong and wraps things up early, with 5 subs, it can carry on the momentum of forging a team that can actually, ahem, play football..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Harry Maguire image Harry Maguire 59% of 254 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 251 ratings.

Score Predictions