Sat, 11 December 2021 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    Dean Smith…

"I can't really let you in on any names, but there's a couple of players who we are worried about, so we have tested and we will wait for the PCR results.”

A couple? You’ll get a few players unavailable for non-Covid reasons most weeks in most clubs in all leagues.

If you’ve got 18 fit (and negative tested) players, play the game … else the PL are going to set precedent and we’ll end up with loads off and a logjam of fixtures again.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    One of those freebies where we can actually get 4 or 5 goals to set us up nicely for a top-four finish and do something about our lowest GD after 15 matches in living memory!
    Overconfidence can be dangerous.
    Under Ole and LVG, this is the sort of team we'd lose to.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Dean Smith…

"I can't really let you in on any names, but there's a couple of players who we are worried about, so we have tested and we will wait for the PCR results.”

A couple? You’ll get a few players unavailable for non-Covid reasons most weeks in most clubs in all leagues.

If you’ve got 18 fit (and negative tested) players, play the game … else the PL are going to set precedent and we’ll end up with loads off and a logjam of fixtures again.
    Where are they talking about not playing the game?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Would be quite content with a cleansheet and a one nil victory while obviously continue to show our early progression under Ralf in certain facets of our play.

USREDEVIL

Would be quite content with a cleansheet and a one nil victory while obviously continue to show our early progression under Ralf in certain facets of our play.
    Me too but i'd like to see more Donnie, and probably Shaw. Telles is ok but Shaw is much better when in form.

UTD_Since_1978

I know a win is a win but I am hoping for more than just scraping a 1-0 win over a covid hit Norwich team who have been mostly poor this season even without covid issues.

RedDevilRoshi

I reckon it’ll be the same starting lineup as the Palace game last week.

Starting XI:

De Gea

Dalot - Lindelof - Maguire - Telles

McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Bruno Fernandes

Ronaldo - Rashford​

subs: Henderson, Jones, Bailly, Shaw, Van De Beek, Lingard, Amad Diallo, Elanga, Greenwood

Score Prediction: Norwich City 0-3 Manchester United

BorisManUtd

It’s weird but I remember all the other games, just not Norwich. Wolfsburg and Bournemouth I remember pissing me right off though, we were just waiting for the sack that never came by that point. We later went out of the Europa League to Liverpool and he still didn’t get the boot. I remember thinking we were stuck with him.
    I have to say I always thought he would get sacked sooner or later that season, as our bad form coincided with Mourinho getting sacked at Chelsea, so rumours became around Christmas already. In February it looked clear we were negotiating with him and deal was probably done long before the season ended.

But on topic: last time at Norwich, we actually played some good football. Hopefully we see the same kind of performance again.

James35

We must surely win this comfortably but we are still us and we have made the worst teams in the league look good. Yes we have a new boss with new way of playing but I can see this Norwich team having their one great game of the season against us and I feel this will be a lot more difficult than most on here are predicting.

I would pick the Palace team but with Donny next to Fred and not Scottie McSidewayspass. It won't happen though.

Nervy 1-2 win.

MayosNoun

Supports
    Chelsea
    No news of any covid related postponement. Hopefully game on and we can get a convincing win on the road.
    I’ve read a lot on Twitter that the unwell players are unvaccinated. If so, the game should go ahead as planned.

I had a quick browse on the Norwich forum to see if this was bull, however it does appear that Dean Smith confirmed that not all players were vaccinated when referencing players who were unwell.

Deery

Dreary
    Can we play Norwich every week it’s the first time in ages I’m 100% confident of a win…

4-0 United.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Manchester United are dealt a massive blow as Brandon Williams is ineligible to face them.

Houdini

I saw plenty of predictions like this before the Watford game.

I hope you are right but something tells me its going to be a lot more difficult.
    THings have changed since Watford. We would beat them even without COVID doing havoc in their ranks. We will hammer them trust me.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Expecting the same 4-2-2 we saw last week, in which case I think the lineup will be:

De Gea

Dalot Lindelof Maguire Telles

Fred Mctom

Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo Rashford

Red00012

Manchester United are dealt a massive blow as Brandon Williams is ineligible to face them.
    Norwich are rubbish yet you managed to criticise one of our players playing for them.
    Well done

Artimities

I reckon it’ll be the same starting lineup as the Palace game last week.

Starting XI:

De Gea

Dalot - Lindelof - Maguire - Telles

McTominay - Fred

Sancho - Bruno Fernandes

Ronaldo - Rashford​

subs: Henderson, Jones, Bailly, Shaw, Van De Beek, Lingard, Amad Diallo, Elanga, Greenwood

Score Prediction: Norwich City 0-3 Manchester United
    i like this .

Hughie77

Need a good start to this game, start like we did against palace, but score that's all was missing from the 1st 30 mins or so. Same today I'd guess at and same line up to start, only one I'd say he could change is Shaw for Telles. I've gibe for 3 nil. Let's see clean sheet would be nice .

croadyman

Need a good start to this game, start like we did against palace, but score that's all was missing from the 1st 30 mins or so. Same today I'd guess at and same line up to start, only one I'd say he could change is Shaw for Telles. I've gibe for 3 nil. Let's see clean sheet would be nice .
    Yeah need exactly that kind of start but with a goal or two to show for our efforts. Saw some source suggesting Edi could get some minutes today but doubt it's true.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    It's the same team we played against Palace.
    I'm only guessing, but I can't see Ralf making any changes to that lineup, as I'd imagine he'd want his best eleven players well-adapted to his system asap.

He'll probably make regular changes a little further down the line to avoid burnout, though.

Red Royal

Very little chat on the forum today about todays game. Is that cos there is less to moan about now :-)

I am really looking forward to this one, its been a while since we had a comfortable win, would love that today.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
    Expecting the same 4-2-2 we saw last week, in which case I think the lineup will be:

De Gea

Dalot Lindelof Maguire Telles

Fred Mctom

Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo Rashford

I would have Greenwood in place of Rashford. Assist against Palace and super goal in midweek.

stefan92

Supports
    Hannover 96
    I'm only guessing, but I can't see Ralf making any changes to that lineup, as I'd imagine he'd want his best eleven players well-adapted to his system asap.

He'll probably make regular changes a little further down the line to avoid burnout, though.
    He made it pretty clear that he took all those players out of the CL squad so that he could have uninterrupted training sessions with them. On the other hand this means that the players who had to play in the CL are not as well coached by him as the starting eleven. Probably will align better in the coming weeks, but for now this is expected.

Hughie77

Yeah need exactly that kind of start but with a goal or two to show for our efforts. Saw some source suggesting Edi could get some minutes today but doubt it's true.
    If cavani is on bench it's good news going forward, into next games.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    Overconfidence can be dangerous.
    Under Ole and LVG, this is the sort of team we'd lose to.
    Yes they’d be happy to sit in and we’d be happy to aimlessly knock the ball around in front of them until the panic sets in and we get done on the counter.

i think we will play aggressively from the start. Get a first half goal and pull away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 86% of 347 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 318 ratings.

Score Predictions