Nostalgia Draft - R1: Michaelf7 vs EAP

With all players in their 3 year peaks, which team would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himannv

I briefly considered him off the Euros but, no offence meant, I couldn't fathom making a case for a three year peak at Rangers.

Pre-cutoff player surely, despite the occasional flashes of brilliance post that injury in 1991 or so.
Don't agree with that. Gazza was brilliant for Rangers for about 18 months and was very good for Lazio.

He was excellent in the 1996/97 League Cup Final for Rangers, they were 2-1 down v Hearts at half time, Gascoigne and McCoist have an absolutely blazing argument at half time, Gazza sinks a double brandy (according to the stories) and dominates the second half. However, by 97/98, Gascoigne was a drunken mess and was shit for them. They were chasing 10 in a row and saw fit to sell him in the run in, which should tell you all you need to know.

Didn't always cover himself in glory in Europe; scored a couple of fabulous goals in the 1995/96 group stages, but got himself stupidly sent off against Ajax in 1996/97. Although I don't think Walter Smith's lack of tactical acumen helped.

On the whole he was quite good during that time frame, although perhaps not as good as he was during his absolute peak.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Non-finished Gazza would have lunged with both feet and scored a Golden Goal. I will never understand what he was trying to do there.
I watched an interview with him recently on that. He says he thought the keeper would get a touch on it so he delayed his lunge.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I watched an interview with him recently on that. He says he thought the keeper would get a touch on it so he delayed his lunge.
Oh, that actually explains a lot :lol:

Always baffled me why he was on his feet and swung his left foot at it rather than lunge in with both feet up, that's all it required.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Non-finished Gazza would have lunged with both feet and scored a Golden Goal. I will never understand what he was trying to do there.
Was thinking of rangers bvb game :drool: