Nostalgia Draft - Winner - Isotope

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@antohan Agreed on Bosman. I think if the ruling had just been that clubs couldn't demand a transfer fee when the player ran out of contract it would have been fine. The prohibition on the foreigner rule though was the death knell for widespread competition. It also stops some really good players being the mainstay of a smaller team that actually has a chance of winning something. These days they largely end up on the bench at larger sides.

I used to use Mahrez as an example because early on he played rather little at City. The league would have been a better place with him staying at Leicester and being a major player with the team partially built around him. It would have been a crime for example for an ex Southampton player to have been a bit part bench player for the top 4 rather than becoming a club legend.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Seeing as this is snail-paced, I'll share this that has been doing the rounds in my head for decades (nostalgia being the theme and all that). It's also a good thing we have so many around from Eastern Europe so they can tell me if I'm just talking bollocks.

Origins: back in the 90s I worked a lot with NGOs and capacity building in the former Eastern bloc. My first hand experience from interacting with people was pretty mixed: you had a lot of enthusiastic people and youthful exuberance, it was a new order, everything was possible and the sky was the limit, but just us much you came across negative curmudgeon types, full of bile and missing the way things used to be. By the late 00s all that was pretty much gone and normalised, maybe present but not on the surface, you just felt you were in a less developed European country and that was about it.

Link to football: with honourable exceptions, I always found most Eastern European sides and players pretty dour and regimented. Someone should actually research it properly and not engage in such massive generalisations, but sports gave you access to perks and the associated demands and pressure. There was no "sky is the limit", the limit was very clearly set, it was the downside that could be a bottomless pit. That is, incentives were not about dreaming but about nightmares, about the fear of losing. Dreamers, exuberant creative types, don't get too far in such an environment.

Enter Glasnost in 1986 and all of a sudden the sky was the limit. Players could now move to the West and play there on comparatively fabulous contracts and conditions. It wasn't easy, you have to remember this is still pre-Bosman and with most teams having three foreigners, a world in which Udinese could get their hands on Zico or Napoli present a compelling pitch for Maradona to leave Barcelona.

Is it a coincidence that in the late 80s and early 90s Eastern Europe suddenly produced such a generation of fantastic players? They sure aren't doing it now, nowhere near the same quantity or at the same bracket/tier.

I'll just leave it at that, but one reason I paid so much attention to some of these players was that, like any Uruguayan, I always love an underdog and can appreciate and value very highly that inner drive and extra motivation/doggedness/bloody-mindedness I came to expect from many of them. There's a factor called character, sure, but there's also where you come from, the realities you have known and had to endure, and how you embrace the opportunities presented to you. They were living the dream.

On a separate note, Bosman really ruined football. The more I revisit it, the more I am convinced about it. Competition >>> Perfection. It's not an art, it's the most popular team sport in the planet.
Speaking solely on the behalf of USSR/Russia, since the Yugoslavian case, for example, is quite different — I don't think that our late 80's/early 90's generation was significantly stronger than the previous generations — every decade since the 50's we've had some amazing players. And take the 1988 team from the Euros — the most important factor in its success wasn't some last to play abroad, it was Lobanovsky.

We aren't producing anyone decent (bar a few random exceptions that have the natural talent to break through anywhere in the world) now because child football is severely underfunded — there were a lot of downsides to Soviet approach towards football development, but it was certainly always a very important area. Success in sports was a big part of our foreign policy, USSR needed to show that it has the strongest/fastest/overall best sportsmen in the world to back the idea that Soviet system can create its own, communist ubermensch.

Don't take me as some kind of a Soviet lover, I'm really not a fan of USSR, but it certainly had it perks when it came to development of the sport. As well as downsides — bureaucracy & rigid ideologic component hurt a lot — and what wouldn't I give to see the likes of Yashin, Voronin, Streltsov, Dasayev & Blokhin play for European giants & compete with their more popular western counterparts on a regular basis.

For some players the European dream was a real motivation — take Sheva, for example, who wanted to play for Milan more than anything else in the world and, when given the chance, didn't disappoint. But generally, as a global concept — I'm not sure that it influenced (at least the ex-USSR/Russian) players that much.

Enigma_87

You know who
Seeing as this is snail-paced, I'll share this that has been doing the rounds in my head for decades (nostalgia being the theme and all that). It's also a good thing we have so many around from Eastern Europe so they can tell me if I'm just talking bollocks.

Origins: back in the 90s I worked a lot with NGOs and capacity building in the former Eastern bloc. My first hand experience from interacting with people was pretty mixed: you had a lot of enthusiastic people and youthful exuberance, it was a new order, everything was possible and the sky was the limit, but just us much you came across negative curmudgeon types, full of bile and missing the way things used to be. By the late 00s all that was pretty much gone and normalised, maybe present but not on the surface, you just felt you were in a less developed European country and that was about it.

Link to football: with honourable exceptions, I always found most Eastern European sides and players pretty dour and regimented. Someone should actually research it properly and not engage in such massive generalisations, but sports gave you access to perks and the associated demands and pressure. There was no "sky is the limit", the limit was very clearly set, it was the downside that could be a bottomless pit. That is, incentives were not about dreaming but about nightmares, about the fear of losing. Dreamers, exuberant creative types, don't get too far in such an environment.

Enter Glasnost in 1986 and all of a sudden the sky was the limit. Players could now move to the West and play there on comparatively fabulous contracts and conditions. It wasn't easy, you have to remember this is still pre-Bosman and with most teams having three foreigners, a world in which Udinese could get their hands on Zico or Napoli present a compelling pitch for Maradona to leave Barcelona.

Is it a coincidence that in the late 80s and early 90s Eastern Europe suddenly produced such a generation of fantastic players? They sure aren't doing it now, nowhere near the same quantity or at the same bracket/tier.

I'll just leave it at that, but one reason I paid so much attention to some of these players was that, like any Uruguayan, I always love an underdog and can appreciate and value very highly that inner drive and extra motivation/doggedness/bloody-mindedness I came to expect from many of them. There's a factor called character, sure, but there's also where you come from, the realities you have known and had to endure, and how you embrace the opportunities presented to you. They were living the dream.

On a separate note, Bosman really ruined football. The more I revisit it, the more I am convinced about it. Competition >>> Perfection. It's not an art, it's the most popular team sport in the planet.
Couple of things - in terms of regime is really hard to say that Communism is gone even now, let alone in the early 00's. Most of those associated in government are linked to the communist party directly by relatives or even themselves. Corruption at highest level is still incorporated at every level and that goes for sport as well. It's true that there are more opportunities now than before the Iron Curtain and footballers have the chance to make their mark in Europe, but then the competition at big clubs is higher than ever before. Nepotism is one of the biggest problem in both political scene and also in football as the power is passed on to generation and to your relatives or people with interest.

Football is just like the political situation in those countries. The base was much better in the 70-80's which resulted to many good players coming from smaller countries and in the same time clubs and nations wasn't as stacked and concentrated in just handful of clubs. The reason why there was a boom in terms of talent coming from those countries in the early 90's is because we had the base but also we had the opportunities those players to play abroad and develop their game. Those talents had the grit, determination and also the ability to flourish their game and the opportunity to play abroad boosted that ability to reach their full potential.

Nowadays we don't have the youth structure because smaller clubs are barely making a living, whilst the big clubs are more interested in importing talent, rather than wait and raise them locally. Smaller clubs also don't have the resources to compete and generally young players are not as determined as before. They are spoiled by social media and their own image rather than the basics and develop their game.

So to summarize - lack of youth base, lack of coaches and resources, importing foreign talent to make a quick buck and lack of focus in youth players.

In terms of Bosman, it's not really only that. The big problem is salaries. If there is a wage cap we can get back to the basics and why the 90's was such a great era. If we have something like the NBA implemented I think there will be a change for the better. FFP is bullshit and never intended to even the field.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

well, while still a leftist at heart i'm no communist apologist, but i wouldn't agree that in general the old Eastern bloc regimes particularly stifled creativity purely as far as sporting matters is concerned. I think you could compile a long list of expressive technicians in their sports from those countries. In judge-based sports like gymnastics, boxing, skating the Soviet training schools were heavily focused on aesthetics, finesse, technique...the cliche from this side was that it was the Americans that were the brute force, speed and power advocates in sports like Gymnastics (which was not fair either).

I can't speak in-depth for every country, but from my years collecting games from these decades i think the obvious main issue (without going in depth to other issues like the economic differences etc) Eastern Bloc teams had compared to the more successful big western countries was usually simply depth of quality, not that they weren't creative mentally or were well behind Western countries technically. Most were smaller countries and ussr football system didn't take advantage well of it's large population. Football, while popular was never high priority of the government like olympic sports were.

When you take countries like Bulgaria and Romania that either didn't qualify often or didn't go far when they did, they always had some high class players through the 50s-80s, and often they were creative attackers. Enough to be regularly competitive in play and very hard to beat at home, but usually falling slightly short in qualifying or getting out of a group at a tournament...just not enough depth. I didn't see the '90s as too different in that respect, only the slim margins of knockout football (and expanded tournaments) finally went in favour for them a few times. Romanians, being under a particularly strict and brutal regime also had a lot of trouble adapting in Western club football, most of their mid-80s-early 90s top players sadly flopped or underachieved despite keeping good form together for national team games. Including Hagi.

'90s was already looking to be a potentially great decade for Yugoslavia and USSR circa 88-91 with lots of talented players coming through showing high quality football at a young age and winning tournaments/contesting finals like the 87 world youth championship, 88 Olympics (beat a strong, determined Brazilian squad in the final) Euro 88 ( quite a few of the starting 11 were young enough to maintain a prime into the mid-90s without the breakup happening) under-21 Euro championship ( Yugo-soviet final where Soviets had a very impressive performance) and winning 90/91 European Cup (with Spartak getting to semi-finals with a similarly young team as crvena zvezda, while putting out a good Sparta Prague, Napoli and Real Madrid, but lacked the pragmatism of crvena zvezda to play conservatively against more experienced, deeper Marseille squad).

However the Soviet generation mostly had huge issues adapting to moving West, with lots of the younger players becoming party animals after a good couple of initial seasons and ones in the later 26-30 range like Zavarov or Mikhailichenko no longer having the drive once they were away from the likes of Lobanovsky training camps. It was a generation that was a huge disappointment in the 90s (other than some of the club Euro campaigns) despite the talent available, which had the potential to compete with the Yugo/Romanian/Bulgarian generation achievements in terms of having some players have good careeers at bigger clubs or have better international tournament runs as Russia/Ukraine . Yugo players also had the advantage over many of the other countries with their tradition of moving abroad eventually since the '50s, so it was more of an expected thing to do anyway for their footballers.

For the czechoslovakia generation that split in two, the Czech Republic took up the mantle of doing what they always did...have a deep Euro run once a decade, a tradition since the first tournament that sadly came to an end recently. I think their generation of talent was better than the 80s, but probably roughly on-par with the ones before that.

Hungary and Poland were at arguably historic low points. Detari was a great player who wasted a lot of his talent being out of shape, Bela Illes was a skillful player from what i watched, but never left the Hungarian league and it was particularly low standard by then. I only rated Nowak and maybe Juskowiak from that Polish decade.

Overall i'd say it was a great decade for talent that was largely set up to do well before the various breakups. If that all happens 10-15 years later it probably goes even better as you don't get all the disruption/war which outways any improvement from going to bigger leagues considerably, most of these players were well developed already by the time of their moves.

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Speaking solely on the behalf of USSR/Russia, since the Yugoslavian case, for example, is quite different — I don't think that our late 80's/early 90's generation was significantly stronger than the previous generations — every decade since the 50's we've had some amazing players. And take the 1988 team from the Euros — the most important factor in its success wasn't some last to play abroad, it was Lobanovsky.

We aren't producing anyone decent (bar a few random exceptions that have the natural talent to break through anywhere in the world) now because child football is severely underfunded — there were a lot of downsides to Soviet approach towards football development, but it was certainly always a very important area. Success in sports was a big part of our foreign policy, USSR needed to show that it has the strongest/fastest/overall best sportsmen in the world to back the idea that Soviet system can create its own, communist ubermensch.

Don't take me as some kind of a Soviet lover, I'm really not a fan of USSR, but it certainly had it perks when it came to development of the sport. As well as downsides — bureaucracy & rigid ideologic component hurt a lot — and what wouldn't I give to see the likes of Yashin, Voronin, Streltsov, Dasayev & Blokhin play for European giants & compete with their more popular western counterparts on a regular basis.

For some players the European dream was a real motivation — take Sheva, for example, who wanted to play for Milan more than anything else in the world and, when given the chance, didn't disappoint. But generally, as a global concept — I'm not sure that it influenced (at least the ex-USSR/Russian) players that much.
Russia/USSR is one reason I mentioned the importance of taking it all with a pinch of salt and avoiding sweeping generalisations :D . Just like with "Latin America this or that" I always give it for granted that at the very least Brazil/Mexico are a diffetent cup of tea.

The investment in sport as foreign policy is a relevant point. Widespread use as a source of national identity and pride, not just under Communism, it was a major driver of Uruguay doing so well in the 20s/30s.

The level of investment and magnitude of the drop was probably far more significant for the USSR though. The bigger they are the harder they fall and all that.

antohan

Speaking of Rinat @harms , Lobanovsky did cut him loose once he moved to Seville. Always wondered if that was a symptom of two conceptions clashing.

There are obvious practical reasons to do without foreign-based players, we suffered that too, but could always tell there was also an underlying tension between wanting to keep things as they were and the inexorable advance of football as a business.

Dasayev didn't do particularly well, mind. Another example of something I mentioned once before but the universal consensus was people would rathet dismiss it in drafts: language. Dasayev couldn't communicate with his defenders at all. It was destined to fail.

antohan

Well, now he is gone I don't risk someone getting nervous if I posted this.

This is late 2011, CL group stage of the Agohfeckoooooooo! season and a month after we got trollopped by them.

Cavani scored three goals in the two games and City dropped into the EL.

God, I missed that twat Joe Hart, gift that kept on giving.

antohan

Couple of things - in terms of regime is really hard to say that Communism is gone even now, let alone in the early 00's. Most of those associated in government are linked to the communist party directly by relatives or even themselves. Corruption at highest level is still incorporated at every level and that goes for sport as well. It's true that there are more opportunities now than before the Iron Curtain and footballers have the chance to make their mark in Europe, but then the competition at big clubs is higher than ever before. Nepotism is one of the biggest problem in both political scene and also in football as the power is passed on to generation and to your relatives or people with interest.

Football is just like the political situation in those countries. The base was much better in the 70-80's which resulted to many good players coming from smaller countries and in the same time clubs and nations wasn't as stacked and concentrated in just handful of clubs. The reason why there was a boom in terms of talent coming from those countries in the early 90's is because we had the base but also we had the opportunities those players to play abroad and develop their game. Those talents had the grit, determination and also the ability to flourish their game and the opportunity to play abroad boosted that ability to reach their full potential.

Nowadays we don't have the youth structure because smaller clubs are barely making a living, whilst the big clubs are more interested in importing talent, rather than wait and raise them locally. Smaller clubs also don't have the resources to compete and generally young players are not as determined as before. They are spoiled by social media and their own image rather than the basics and develop their game.

So to summarize - lack of youth base, lack of coaches and resources, importing foreign talent to make a quick buck and lack of focus in youth players.

In terms of Bosman, it's not really only that. The big problem is salaries. If there is a wage cap we can get back to the basics and why the 90's was such a great era. If we have something like the NBA implemented I think there will be a change for the better. FFP is bullshit and never intended to even the field.
Good point re: cheaper to buy in than develop exacerbating the lower investment in formative stages... isn't that somewhat directly linked to removing the foreigners rule though?

Could make a similar case re: salaries given it didn't matter as much what PSG or City could pay someone if that someone was limited to three players in 25 player squads.

From your take I gather you agree on the incentives making it a perfect storm, but what happened before or since being far more complex.

Re: old guards and cronyism, aye, I know and imagine. That doesn't go away easily, same over here. In a way I was getting at that when I mentioned late 00s: the boisterous extremes (optimism/nostalgics) disappeared, reality set in, and on the surface a visitor just saw a regular country with people getting on with their lives rather pragmatically, for better or worse.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Speaking of Rinat @harms , Lobanovsky did cut him loose once he moved to Seville. Always wondered if that was a symptom of two conceptions clashing.

There are obvious practical reasons to do without foreign-based players, we suffered that too, but could always tell there was also an underlying tension between wanting to keep things as they were and the inexorable advance of football as a business.

Dasayev didn't do particularly well, mind. Another example of something I mentioned once before but the universal consensus was people would rathet dismiss it in drafts: language. Dasayev couldn't communicate with his defenders at all. It was destined to fail.
Lobanovsky had this understandable obsession with Dynamo Kiyv players, since he required machine-like consistency, tactical and physical, from his players — and even when Dasayev played for Spartak Moscow he had to outdo himself every day to keep getting called up. And if getting called up from Spartak was still theoretically possible (although arguably the most talented Russian player of the time, Fyodor Cherenkov, got overlooked most of the time), Lobanovsky basically ignored those who went abroad (Dasayev, Zavarov, Khidiyatullin) — he more or less knew the training regime and all those little details of Spartak, but he didn't trust players who have spent most of their season in an unknown environment.

antohan

'90s was already looking to be a potentially great decade for Yugoslavia and USSR circa 88-91 with lots of talented players coming through showing high quality football at a young age and winning tournaments/contesting finals like the 87 world youth championship, 88 Olympics (beat a strong, determined Brazilian squad in the final) Euro 88 ( quite a few of the starting 11 were young enough to maintain a prime into the mid-90s without the breakup happening) under-21 Euro championship ( Yugo-soviet final where Soviets had a very impressive performance) and winning 90/91 European Cup (with Spartak getting to semi-finals with a similarly young team as crvena zvezda, while putting out a good Sparta Prague, Napoli and Real Madrid, but lacked the pragmatism of crvena zvezda to play conservatively against more experienced, deeper Marseille squad).
This is the sort of thing I was getting at/observing/wondering, to what extent that built up potential at youth level and the success of certain clubs in the late 80s were a result of a reset in incentives and expected upside. Correlation doesn't prove causality, that's why I put it out there.

Re: young players then losing the plot and being party animals, it's the same old challenge we've seen with many Brazilians.

Good run through the various teams/countries :devil:

What you say about Romania is very much the archetype of what I meant re fear of failure not being the best incentive, let alone in team sports were the blame could easily be laid elsewhere.

May just be a theoretical construct. It always fascinated me though, how much there was to explore there. E.g. Dynamo Dresden players all enrolled as Stasi informers and that, in turn, sparing them from conscription... stuff that has sweet FA to do with actually playing football but was all part of the furniture. Probably too many moving parts to draw before/after conclusions.

antohan

Lobanovsky had this understandable obsession with Dynamo Kiyv players, since he required machine-like consistency, tactical and physical, from his players — and even when Dasayev played for Spartak Moscow he had to outdo himself every day to keep getting called up. And if getting called up from Spartak was still theoretically possible (although arguably the most talented Russian player of the time, Fyodor Cherenkov, got overlooked most of the time), Lobanovsky basically ignored those who went abroad (Dasayev, Zavarov, Khidiyatullin) — he more or less knew the training regime and all those little details of Spartak, but he didn't trust players who have spent most of their season in an unknown environment.
A genius cross-breed of LVG and Mourinho, on steroids.

antohan

I'll take Derek Zoolander

No, wait, Midget van Nistelrooy

Sticker, but no call up, Italy huh?

antohan

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo 2) L. Figo 3) Kaka 4) C. Ferrara 5) G. Bergomi 6) P. Montero 7) F. Ribery 8) R. Donadoni 9) C. Panucci 10) Y. Djorkaeff 11. P. Guardiola
2. Joga 1) Xavi 2) M. Laudrup 3) P. Lahm 4) P. Evra 5) S. Busquets 6) G. Signori 7) R. Ayala 8) J. Chilavert 9) R. Pires 10) V. Candela 11) G. Popescu
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini 2) J. Stam 3) P. Vieira 4) L. Matthaus 5) D. Bergkamp 6) Leonardo 7) Overmars 8) S. Ramos 9) T. Müller 10) J.J. Okocha 11) D. Seaman
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen 8) P. Cech 9) G. van Bronckhorst 10) C. Tevez 11) R. Koeman
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta 2) S. Eto'o 3) Maicon 4) W. Rooney 5) A. Vidal 6) D. Drogba 7) J.S. Verón 8) M. Neuer 9) M. Silva 10. T. Adams 11. A. Carboni
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane 2) T. Henry 3) R. Giggs 4) D. Deschamps 5) F. Hierro 6) P. Schmeichel 7) M. Ballack 8) W. Samuel 9) G. Neville 10) A. Conte 11) C. Chivu
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos 2) J. Zanetti 3) M. Sammer 4) Luis Enrique 5) C. Puyol 6) G. Chiellini 7) Raúl 8) H. Crespo 9) D. De Rossi 10) G. Pagliuca 11) E. Cavani 12) G. Zola
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo 2) J.R. Riquelme 3) F. Cannavaro 4) Del Piero 5) D. Simeone 6) Zé Roberto 7) W. Sagnol 8) C. Gamarra 9) A. Shearer 10) I. Córdoba 11) P. Sousa 12) S. Cañizares
9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu 2) Dani Alves 3) C. Makelele 4) C. Seedorf 5) G. Hagi 6) G. Weah 7) S. Gerrard 8) F. De Boer 9) F. Couto 10) R. Marquez 11) D. Trezeguet 12) Bebeto
10. EAP 1) F. Baresi 2) Cafu 3) J. Kohler 4) R. van Nistelrooy 5) F. Totti 6) M. Essien 7) G. Pessotto 8) I. Casillas 9) Z. Boban 10) R. Prosinecki 11) R. Baraja 12) K. Kaladze
11. Enigma 1) Ronaldinho 2) E. Davids 3) B. Schweinsteiger 4) D. Villa 5) P. McGrath 6) D. Irwin 7) Deco 8) Aldair 9) J. Angloma 10) D. Suker 11) A. Peruzzi 12) V. Kompany
12. Gio/Theon 1) Romario 2) H. Stoichkov 3) A. Pirlo 4) F. Rijkaard 5) A. Robben 6) E. Abidal 7) G. Buffon 8) Lucio 9) G. Gattuso 10) P. Cocu 11) B. Ivanovic 12) A. di Livio
13. Boris 1) G. Batistuta 2) P. Nedved 3) X. Alonso 4) M Rui Costa 5) S Campbell 6) G. Zambrotta 7) J. Terry 8) S. Effenberg 9) W. Gallas 10) T. Hässler 11) F. Toldo 12) D. Duff
14. Sjor 1) P. Scholes 2) R. Keane 3) R. Carvalho 4) D. Beckham 5) A. Costacurta 6) D. Savicevic 7) O. Kahn 8) E. van der Sar 9) E. Cantona 10) A. Ferrer 11) P. Mijatovic 12) D. Petrescu
15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson 8) S. Reuter 9) E. Cambiasso 10) G. Silva 11) M. Preud'homme 12) Z. Ibrahimovic
16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) C. Vieri 6) A. Benarrivo 7) D. Albertini 8) Jorginho 9) J. Mascherano 10) D. Silva 11) S. Mihajlović 12) P. Aimar

@Skizzo @Synco

Skizzo

1. Iso 1) Ronaldo 2) L. Figo 3) Kaka 4) C. Ferrara 5) G. Bergomi 6) P. Montero 7) F. Ribery 8) R. Donadoni 9) C. Panucci 10) Y. Djorkaeff 11. P. Guardiola
2. Joga 1) Xavi 2) M. Laudrup 3) P. Lahm 4) P. Evra 5) S. Busquets 6) G. Signori 7) R. Ayala 8) J. Chilavert 9) R. Pires 10) V. Candela 11) G. Popescu
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini 2) J. Stam 3) P. Vieira 4) L. Matthaus 5) D. Bergkamp 6) Leonardo 7) Overmars 8) S. Ramos 9) T. Müller 10) J.J. Okocha 11) D. Seaman
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen 8) P. Cech 9) G. van Bronckhorst 10) C. Tevez 11) R. Koeman
5. Beam 1) A. Nesta 2) S. Eto'o 3) Maicon 4) W. Rooney 5) A. Vidal 6) D. Drogba 7) J.S. Verón 8) M. Neuer 9) M. Silva 10. T. Adams 11. A. Carboni
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane 2) T. Henry 3) R. Giggs 4) D. Deschamps 5) F. Hierro 6) P. Schmeichel 7) M. Ballack 8) W. Samuel 9) G. Neville 10) A. Conte 11) C. Chivu 12) JS Park
7. antohan 1) R. Carlos 2) J. Zanetti 3) M. Sammer 4) Luis Enrique 5) C. Puyol 6) G. Chiellini 7) Raúl 8) H. Crespo 9) D. De Rossi 10) G. Pagliuca 11) E. Cavani 12) G. Zola
8. Michael 1) F. Redondo 2) J.R. Riquelme 3) F. Cannavaro 4) Del Piero 5) D. Simeone 6) Zé Roberto 7) W. Sagnol 8) C. Gamarra 9) A. Shearer 10) I. Córdoba 11) P. Sousa 12) S. Cañizares
9. TheReligion 1) B. Lizarazu 2) Dani Alves 3) C. Makelele 4) C. Seedorf 5) G. Hagi 6) G. Weah 7) S. Gerrard 8) F. De Boer 9) F. Couto 10) R. Marquez 11) D. Trezeguet 12) Bebeto
10. EAP 1) F. Baresi 2) Cafu 3) J. Kohler 4) R. van Nistelrooy 5) F. Totti 6) M. Essien 7) G. Pessotto 8) I. Casillas 9) Z. Boban 10) R. Prosinecki 11) R. Baraja 12) K. Kaladze
11. Enigma 1) Ronaldinho 2) E. Davids 3) B. Schweinsteiger 4) D. Villa 5) P. McGrath 6) D. Irwin 7) Deco 8) Aldair 9) J. Angloma 10) D. Suker 11) A. Peruzzi 12) V. Kompany
12. Gio/Theon 1) Romario 2) H. Stoichkov 3) A. Pirlo 4) F. Rijkaard 5) A. Robben 6) E. Abidal 7) G. Buffon 8) Lucio 9) G. Gattuso 10) P. Cocu 11) B. Ivanovic 12) A. di Livio
13. Boris 1) G. Batistuta 2) P. Nedved 3) X. Alonso 4) M Rui Costa 5) S Campbell 6) G. Zambrotta 7) J. Terry 8) S. Effenberg 9) W. Gallas 10) T. Hässler 11) F. Toldo 12) D. Duff
14. Sjor 1) P. Scholes 2) R. Keane 3) R. Carvalho 4) D. Beckham 5) A. Costacurta 6) D. Savicevic 7) O. Kahn 8) E. van der Sar 9) E. Cantona 10) A. Ferrer 11) P. Mijatovic 12) D. Petrescu
15. Himann 1) R. Baggio 2) M. Desailly 3) A.Cole 4) L. Blanc 5) P. Gascoigne 6) R. Gullit 7) H. Larsson 8) S. Reuter 9) E. Cambiasso 10) G. Silva 11) M. Preud'homme 12) Z. Ibrahimovic
16. Physio 1) Rivaldo 2) L.Thuram 3) A. Shevchenko 4) T. Silva 5) C. Vieri 6) A. Benarrivo 7) D. Albertini 8) Jorginho 9) J. Mascherano 10) D. Silva 11) S. Mihajlović 12) P. Aimar

@Jim Beam
@Synco

antohan

Harms picks Tassotti
PNut picks Higuita
Joga picks Bratseth
@Isotope I have Joga's pick so tag both of us
@Jim Beam can pick any time

2. Joga 1) Xavi 2) M. Laudrup 3) P. Lahm 4) P. Evra 5) S. Busquets 6) G. Signori 7) R. Ayala 8) J. Chilavert 9) R. Pires 10) V. Candela 11) G. Popescu 12) R. Bratseth
3. P-Nut 1) P. Maldini 2) J. Stam 3) P. Vieira 4) L. Matthaus 5) D. Bergkamp 6) Leonardo 7) Overmars 8) S. Ramos 9) T. Müller 10) J.J. Okocha 11) D. Seaman 12) R. Higuita
4. Harms 1) C. Ronaldo 2) A. Iniesta 3) R. Ferdinand 4) N. Vidic 5) Dunga 6) G. Mendieta 7) J. Litmanen 8) P. Cech 9) G. van Bronckhorst 10) C. Tevez 11) R. Koeman 12) Tassotti
6. Skizzo 1) Z. Zidane 2) T. Henry 3) R. Giggs 4) D. Deschamps 5) F. Hierro 6) P. Schmeichel 7) M. Ballack 8) W. Samuel 9) G. Neville 10) A. Conte 11) C. Chivu 12) JS Park

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

"Look... Iso picked me!! Hè Hè "

Last edited: