Jamal Musiala

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Turning 18 today. Also turning a millionaire since reportedly his new contract kicks in with his coming of age.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Turning 18 today. Also turning a millionaire since reportedly his new contract kicks in with his coming of age.
You think he didn't become a millionaire (at the latest) the moment he signed for Bayern?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You think he didn't become a millionaire (at the latest) the moment he signed for Bayern?
I would expect that the base salary of his youth contract was significantly lower, so it would have taken him several seasons to become a millionaire. Likely there were success-related add-ons and he already is one. Anyway, he'll be much more of a millionaire soon.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We'll be talking about him 10 years later as one of those wonderkids who never lived up to their potential.

What on earth is up with the title?!

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
We'll be talking about him 10 years later as one of those wonderkids who never lived up to their potential.
He's already delivering and playing very mature at one of the best clubs in the world. How come you think he will never live up to his potential? I think you confuse fans' expectations with actual potential.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's already delivering and playing very mature at one of the best clubs in the world. How come you think he will never live up to his potential? I think you confuse fans' expectations with actual potential.
I was just talking nonsense, ignore me

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder how vindicated he feels watching Sancho unable to get a start for England despite being one of the best players in the Bundesliga.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I wonder how vindicated he feels watching Sancho unable to get a start for England despite being one of the best players in the Bundesliga.
Don't think that bothers Musiala much. He is in the same spot as Sancho as he also does not get into the matchday squad. It was always clear that this tournament would be too early for him to shine, so which bench he sits on is irrelevant, and what happens after the tournament will reshuffle the chances of both players (Löw definitely gone as a coach, I don't know if Southgate will survive this).

breath

Germany will always have a natural advantage because their population is 83m to England’s 55m. They have a good deal more of the fundamental raw material to produce more high quality footballers more often.
most of those Germans are old, England has a larger population under 20 than Germany

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His limbs are massive. Slender man Musiala

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That assist was class, but his posture / movement is a weird hybrid between Koller and Dugarry.
That assist was such a Ribery-move. :drool:
But yes, his movement is awkward

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don`t get why people are pointing out his "awkward movement". He has all the skills + seems to understand the game really good(knowing when to wait,when to go 1-on-1 etc.).
For me there is a lot of Özil in him but with more brains.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don`t get why people are pointing out his "awkward movement". He has all the skills + seems to understand the game really good(knowing when to wait,when to go 1-on-1 etc.).
For me there is a lot of Özil in him but with more brains.
He is a way bigger goal threat than Özil. His work on the left wing actually reminded me a bit of Ribery.
And regarding the „awkward movement“… well, it just is. It’s not a knock on him. It’s a bit like Müller.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His movement is awkward because he's still a gangly kid, hasn't fully grown into his body yet. His coordination looks fine though

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I think he's just one of those players who'd always look like they're not in full control of the ball while in reality they are. You know the type.

So it's less "awkward" and more "awkward-looking".

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he's just one of those players who'd always look like they're not in full control of the ball while in reality they are. You know the type.

So it's less "awkward" and more "awkward-looking".
To be honest this is how I feel about Wan Bissaka.

People cry over some passing mistakes he made the last game and crying like it happens all the time.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
To be honest this is how I feel about Wan Bissaka.

People cry over some passing mistakes he made the last game and crying like it happens all the time.
That's where I won't agree with you. Wan-Bissaka looks like he's never fully in control of it because he isn't.

Blackwidow

Let his movement be awkward - it works. Last season he had 6.7 dribblings per 90 minutes with winning 67% of it.

He for sure will bulk up a little bit - because of his body type probably more like Thomas Müller did and not like Goretzka. He actually with his mentality reminds me a lot of young Müller.

In normal times he probably would not have gone up so fast - and at Chelsea not anyways as they really full with talent in the offensive midfield positions. He came in summer 2019 from Chelsea for the U17. Was promoted to the U19 in December. Played 6 matches and then came Covid when youth football was stopped. He was training and playing some matches for the U23 then - and some of the youngsters that weren't regulars in the U23 became the chance to fill up the professional squad and have training with them. And then he took his chances - was part of the CL winning squad so he only played 2 minutes in 19/20 - but got more and more chances last season and took them.

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
I love this kid, he needs to play every time if Coman or Gnabry are injured.

JuliaScalaR

Supports
noone in particular
I also like his workrate.
He regularly tracks back and helps in defense when Bayern lost the ball. Sané could take a leaf out of Musiala's book.