Nottingham Forest | Cooper sacked, Nuno takes charge

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bottom of the table after 6 games. Now 2 wins away from the Premier League. Even if they don’t get automatic qualification they’re the form team and will be favorites in the playoffs.

Who wants them up? Rather these clubs with good pedigree come up than the yo-yo clubs who only exist for parachute payments every other year. Plus Jimmy Garner deserves the promotion after the season he has had.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Agreed. Hopefully they slap Bournemouth tonight, then they're in the driving seat.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Clubs always find their rightful place and theirs is in the Premier League. Hope they do Bournemouth and make it.

Skills

Snitch
Too many southern teams in the PL atm. Could do with them coming up

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Forrest is a proper team and a bizarre history of European successes, would love to have him over in the big league.
Its a shame what happened to their rivals , they too should be over in the premier league instead of league 1.

Classical Mechanic

Forrest is a proper team and a bizarre history of European successes, would love to have him over in the big league.
Its a shame what happened to their rivals , they too should be over in the premier league instead of league 1.
I bet Forest are the only side in history to have more European Cups than League titles.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
No team has a divine right to be in the Premier League of course, but I'd love to see Forest back in the top flight after 23 years, including 3 years in the 3rd tier.

There would be something new and exciting about it, in contrast to when the likes of Fulham and Norwich continually rebound between the divisions.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know nothing about this club but it's a team I have wanted to see in the PL since I found out that they were old school CL winners.

No reason why but I like the more big name clubs in the PL even if they are our rivals. I find it more interesting to watch Everton or Leeds in comparison to Burnley or Bournemouth for example (no offence). NF is the same and I've been dying to see them in the PL again for some time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They have a player that went to my school and it would be cool if he managed to play in the PL. Nobody else has managed anywhere near that level of sport or fame.

I remember the good old days with Steve Stone!
I am old enough to remember John McGovern, Kenny Burns, Archie Gemmel and Trevor Francis. They were a serious team. The team with Stuart Pearce, Des Walker, Nigel Clough and a young Roy Keane weren't bad either although they eventually got relegated but were competing for cups and at the top end of the table before that.
A really good football club with a great history. Would be delighted to see them back in the top flight. Hope they beat Bournemouth tonight with an 89th minute James Garner free kick!

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bottom of the table after 6 games. Now 2 wins away from the Premier League. Even if they don’t get automatic qualification they’re the form team and will be favorites in the playoffs.

Who wants them up? Rather these clubs with good pedigree come up than the yo-yo clubs who only exist for parachute payments every other year. Plus Jimmy Garner deserves the promotion after the season he has had.
Will be watching their match tonight, that’s for damn sure.

fergosaurus

Would love to see them go up and establish themselves as a PL club. Same goes for the likes of Sheffield Wednesday and other massively underachieving clubs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They're my pick to come up. Hope they can do it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would like to see them in the PL, if they don't secure automatic promotion though I think they'll miss out in the play offs

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I am old enough to remember John McGovern, Kenny Burns, Archie Gemmel and Trevor Francis. They were a serious team. The team with Stuart Pearce, Des Walker, Nigel Clough and a young Roy Keane weren't bad either although they eventually got relegated but were competing for cups and at the top end of the table before that.
A really good football club with a great history. Would be delighted to see them back in the top flight. Hope they beat Bournemouth tonight with an 89th minute James Garner free kick!
Now that's a blast from the past! :drool: The Gemmel's, Francis etc. were well well before my time.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would be so good to have Forest back in the Premier League. Did my undergrad in the city and loved going to a few home games.

All football club's have justifiable claims to sit at the top tier of English football, but Forest's is pretty indisputable.

MUFC OK

Like Forest and this young team and manager. Hope they can do the business tonight.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have a soft spot for all the east Midlands clubs (and one west Midlands club). If it was up to me, they'd all be PL clubs. There was a time not that long ago when Nottingham and Leicester were neck and neck in the championship.

Last edited:

redshaw

Would like to see them up as well as Sheffield Wednesday

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Selfishly would be nice for Garner as he'd no doubt stay there on loan which would be good for him.

Blood Mage

Massive club. Like Leeds it's crazy that they've been out of the first division for so long. More CL titles than City and Arsenal combined.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Forest and Derby are the 2 clubs that have spent the longest active and continuous periods of time in the Championship I believe, from 2008/2009 onwards. If things work out for Forest, they’ll both be exiting it this year in opposite directions.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Forrest since Davies was their manager, their treatment and development of Garner has endeared them to me just that little bit more.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Great chance to see Laird, Garner, Djed and Johnson. Looking forward to it.

It's probably worth saying that kick off is at 7pm! Would be easily missed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Great chance to see Laird, Garner, Djed and Johnson. Looking forward to it.

It's probably worth saying that kick off is at 7pm! Would be easily missed.
Don't think Laird is in the squad.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Certainly seem to be the neutrals choice, would be good to see them back.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Don't think Laird is in the squad.
Would be a shame if he's injured again. Would also be a pretty bad sign if, after playing a few matches in succession, they've decided to don't trust him in this crunch match.

Chripper

Don't care what anyone says, I regard Nottingham Forest as a bigger club than both Chelsea and Manchester City.

2 European Cups plus Brian Clough. Those things transcend time and plasticness.

Hope they get automatic promotion.

Plus, Scott McKenna is an EPL standard centerback.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
What's with the Bournemouth dislike? Like many of you I'm bored of the yo-yo teams who are constantly up and down but Bournemouth don't fit that description. I'd rather see Bournemouth and Forest both go up and the likes of Norwich and Fulham stay down until they get a change of management.