Nottingham Forest | Cooper sacked, Nuno takes charge

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't think I want them promoted. Half the posters on here inevitably calling them "Notts Forest" would annoy me more than them calling Sheffield United "Sheffield" did.
Nah, Forest will just be Forest. People got lazy with Sheffield United because the full name is too long and obviously nobody on here is calling them "United".

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Posted it in the playoff thread, but that nutter needs locking up. A sprinting headbutt that he doesn't see coming, turns into, and has no time to brace for.... Just happy that he's not been seriously, seriously done in by that.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why would they use the wrong names? I dunno, maybe it's the parents fault.
It's just abbreviations to save time , nothing too upsetting to be honest.
People calling us Man Utd doesn't annoy me that much.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Maybe he's on to something.

What are you going to do with the time you saved?
All jokes aside, people in Nottingham do tend to call it 'Notts' a lot, so I can see why it's become a thing, but do get your point.

Personally I just say 'Forest' because it's not like people confuse it with anything else.

Last edited:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Carragher called them Notts Forest on that latest live audience episode of Neville's Overlap. It was annoying.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lifetime ban and jail should be obvious for that wasteman but it’s time to hold the home clubs accountable for this kind of nonsense. Make Forest play a game BCD and watch how other clubs all of a sudden will start beefing up security before high stake home games.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
A lot of Notts Forest fans letting themselves down last night, pissing in cups and throwing it on the Sheff Utd fans, assaulting players on the pitch and attacking fans outside afterwards who weren't even looking for trouble. Never liked their arrogant fanbase since League One days will be hoping 'uddersfield turn them over at Wembley even more now.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't think I want them promoted. Half the posters on here inevitably calling them "Notts Forest" would annoy me more than them calling Sheffield United "Sheffield" did.
Oh for feck sake. I hadn't thought of this. You're absolutely right.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
A lot of Notts Forest fans letting themselves down last night, pissing in cups and throwing it on the Sheff Utd fans, assaulting players on the pitch and attacking fans outside afterwards who weren't even looking for trouble. Never liked their arrogant fanbase since League One days will be hoping 'uddersfield turn them over at Wembley even more now.
Not as much as you've let yourself down by calling them Notts Forest though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
All jokes aside, people in Nottingham do tend to call it 'Notts' a lot, so I can see why it's become a thing, but do get your point.

Personally I just say 'Forest' because it's not like people confuse it with anything else.
They call the city Notts. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in the city refer to Forest as Notts Forest.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have a mate who was born in Nottingham and is a Notts County fan. He often refers to his team as 'Notts'. The plot thickens.
I was going to say that the main reason nobody refers to Forest as Notts Forest is because of Notts County's existence. It would be like if City's official club name was Manc City and United's was Manchester United, then people started saying Manc United.

Russell_eire

They actually are called 'Notts County' though, not Nottingham County.
Yep, Notts is the abbreviation of Nottinghamshire, same as Cambs is the abbreviation of Cambridgeshire, Herts Hertfordshire, Beds, Bucks, etc. That is why it grates on some people to hear/read the city being given the county's abbreviation, even if it does occur quite a bit.

It would be far more interesting if the town and county still had their earlier name of Snottingham and Snottinghamshire.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Let’s hope Notts win promotion, would love to see them in the Prem.

PoTMS

Let’s hope Notts win promotion, would love to see them in the Prem.
Yeah, even if it did mean Notts only just scraped past Sheffield yesterday. Interesting to see how they do against Manchester next year if they make it. For the loser, another year of playing the likes of Bristol, etc.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At least it's no longer known as Shottingham, either.
People around here still call it that sometimes. I don't know if it's still the same now, but there was an area called St. Anns I was told to avoid at all costs if I ever visited the city.