Nottingham Forest | Cooper sacked, Nuno takes charge

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah hope they beat Bournemouth tonight - will be good to see them back in the Premier League.

Also if Borunemouth do lose - I could see them crashing out of the play-offs with the hangover of not going up automatically in effect. Which would at least give Huddersfield a better chance of coming up.

Chripper

What's with the Bournemouth dislike? Like many of you I'm bored of the yo-yo teams who are constantly up and down but Bournemouth don't fit that description. I'd rather see Bournemouth and Forest both go up and the likes of Norwich and Fulham stay down until they get a change of management.
Personally, I want to see both get promotion.

CraftySoAndSo

If Forest do go up it's an insane story, new manager after 7 games and last in the table to potentially 2nd and automatic promotion. It's the kind of thing that if it happens in Football Manager it makes me say the game's too easy and unrealistic and it would never happen in real life.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool

It's a hideous badge. And yet, somehow a lot better than the first one.

Gazza

No team has a divine right to be in the Premier League of course, but I'd love to see Forest back in the top flight after 23 years, including 3 years in the 3rd tier.

There would be something new and exciting about it, in contrast to when the likes of Fulham and Norwich continually rebound between the divisions.
Harsh on Fulham I feel. They had some good runs in the Premier League, some top table finishes and a UEFA cup run too I think. Even when they came up in 2001 they played some good stuff. Plus Craven Cottage is a great ground.

SparkedIntoLife

I can't help thinking that momentum's a big thing in the playoffs and Forest's may just have halted. I reckon Luton are in trouble after the 7 nil loss and may even drop out of the top 6. Tonight will probably be a big blow for Forest. They have had a fantastic season and are otherwise in great form. Huddersfield look best placed to win the playoffs now, IMHO.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Harsh on Fulham I feel. They had some good runs in the Premier League, some top table finishes and a UEFA cup run too I think. Even when they came up in 2001 they played some good stuff. Plus Craven Cottage is a great ground.
Not since they got re-relegated though.

I'd absolutely have them as dead certs and first to get relegated next sesaon.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I am old enough to remember John McGovern, Kenny Burns, Archie Gemmel and Trevor Francis. They were a serious team. The team with Stuart Pearce, Des Walker, Nigel Clough and a young Roy Keane weren't bad either although they eventually got relegated but were competing for cups and at the top end of the table before that.
A really good football club with a great history. Would be delighted to see them back in the top flight. Hope they beat Bournemouth tonight with an 89th minute James Garner free kick!
I went to school nearby Nottingham in the 70s and early 80s. Imagine what it was like for me surrounded by all their smugness. We had just got promoted a couple of seasons earlier.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
That was when Fulham were an established Premier League club for 13 years from 2001-2014, and generally did very well. I think that Fulham, us and Bolton in 2001, were overall the strongest group of promoted teams to the Premier League than I can remember.

However in recent years from 2018 onwards they have been the textbook definition of a yo yo club. Their 2018/2019 Premier League campaign, when they spent an absolute fortune on new signings but were still mathematically relegated with 5 games to go (and finished 8 points behind Cardiff who in contrast were one of the most under-resourced promoted teams I can remember), was beyond pathetic. And last season they had a hefty wage bill, higher than Burnley's and dwarfing Leeds', but their relegation was confirmed with 3 games to go.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Still can’t get over their fans doing that “you’re shit” crap when Vitek was kicking the ball. I instantly lose all respect for a club when I hear that.

Remember the geese

Still can’t get over their fans doing that “you’re shit” crap when Vitek was kicking the ball. I instantly lose all respect for a club when I hear that.
At the risk of sounding like a massive snob, it sure does come with a stench of 'football league'.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It absolutely screams small time, doesn't it?

Seems like every club who are in or have recently been in the Championship do it, it's like some kind of strange disease.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was it directed to vitek or us for being abysmal this season?

Jibbs

1958 one is beautiful. Should revive that. Also I really want to see them back in EPL with Garner spending at least one more year there.

Drainy

Say you support a lower league team without saying you support a lower league team.

Goal kick happens and 'oooooooooooooooooh'

RedPed

Whatabouter.
From bottom of the league to being 2 games away from the Premier League. Amazing what you can do when you don't hire frauds.

Would be good to see them back in the Prem.

OleGunnar20

From bottom of the league to being 2 games away from the Premier League. Amazing what you can do when you don't hire frauds.

Would be good to see them back in the Prem.
Yep, hell of a turn around. I'd love to see then established as a PL team again.

dbs235

It absolutely screams small time, doesn't it?

Seems like every club who are in or have recently been in the Championship do it, it's like some kind of strange disease.
Spurs were doing it to Ramsdale on thursday, make of that what you will.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Yeah I’d love to see them back up. Great club and great history

Kaos

Really hope they finish the job, would be nice to see them back at the top flight. Don't really want Huddersfield coming up to do absolutely nothing again (except beat us).

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't think I want them promoted. Half the posters on here inevitably calling them "Notts Forest" would annoy me more than them calling Sheffield United "Sheffield" did.