Nunez Headbutt

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Deserves more than a 3 if he has already had a failed attempt and initiated that exchange.

Bondi77

I thought donkeys normally kicked out at things that annoyed them!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Shocking that all the journalists insinuate that Nunez was provoked by the push from the defender in their match analysis considering the push was as a result of a failed headbutt.

Red Star One

What’s the reaction on RAWK? Early days and it would be stupid to get carried away, but I’d be really furious after such an awful showing and costing the team points potentially.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Looks like Anderson was sparked out or very dazed the way he fell, at least Nunez actually went for it rather than the usual eskimo kiss players tend to do.

I wonder which defenders will be brave enough to get in his face and antagonise him and which will think best keep a safe distance
Most of them, it will be open season on trying to get this dipshit sent off now.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
After two seasons experiencing the Pepe treatment, and bare in mind that in the Portuguese league man marking like this is just a Tuesday. Maybe he feels too much pressure to impose himself?

Because you can check on compilations he got much rougher situations on games vs Porto and didn't react this way.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Most of them, it will be open season on trying to get this dipshit sent off now.
Indeed. Every CB is rubbing their hands right now.
I reckon I could get him sent off inside ten minutes :)
I'd say it's much more likely that this doesn't happen again, rather than that he makes the same mistake twice in a season after he will have gotten a serious warning about it from Klopp/the club and he'll have had three games (at the least) to think about what he did.

Such things can easily be coached out of someone in a very short period of time. I'd wager he doesn't make this same mistake again anytime soon.

SATA

So is it good that he misses our game, or is it better for us that he actually plays assuming he wasn’t sent off yesterday?

ExoduS

No sympathy for Nunez. Joakim Anderson is the defender every attacker hates. Pushes you and touches you every time for no reason - sometimes before the play, sometimes when the play is over. It's extremely annoying. Does not justify headbutt as that's considered assault and can really hurt someone. Someone shoves you, shove them back.

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'd say it's much more likely that this doesn't happen again, rather than that he makes the same mistake twice in a season after he will have gotten a serious warning about it from Klopp/the club and he'll have had three games (at the least) to think about what he did.

Such things can easily be coached out of someone in a very short period of time. I'd wager he doesn't make this same mistake again anytime soon.
Like Suarez and his biting "mistakes"?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
No sympathy for Nunez. Joakim Anderson is the defender every attacker hates. Pushes you and touches you every time for no reason - sometimes before the play, sometimes when the play is over. It's extremely annoying. Does not justify headbutt as that's considered assault and can really hurt someone. Someone shoves you, shove them back.
He played in the Portuguese league for two seasons. Things like that are just a regular Tuesday in our league. The amount of teasing between CB's and forwards is up high.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Didnt see anything wrong with Anderson's treatment of Nunez throughout the game. Performed excellently in the individual stakes and I'm more than sure Vieira was more than pleased.
This gives every other defender out there to get at Nunez now. He has (another) weakness to his game. He's a potential hot-head.
Bully him.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

You may be right, but I am not sure. It isn't the headbutt that makes me think this, rather the way he reacted prior and after it, he looked like the red mist/pressure had completely got to him. That isn't something easily coached out but requires a psychologist.

Let's see. It could of course be a one off as prior to you lot signing him, I hadn't watched him play.

MalaysianRed7

Andersen destroyed him. He pocketed him, and next to that, he really pissed him off with little comments after each tackle, off the ball nudges etc. Nunez’s frustration boiled off many times last night - he ought to have been sent off much earlier for throwing a little punch at Andersen.

TheReligion

Abusive

Erm what? :lol:

Not sure who told you that but they were lying!

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Just like not biting one's fellow players was easily coached out of Suarez? The fecker did it three times and only learnt his lesson when he got a four month ban from all football-related activities, including training with his team. :lol:

Though has to be said it was the first straight red of Nunez' professional career so there may be hope for him yet. But one thing that's for sure is after last night every defender out there will be trying to provoke him into losing his cool.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He played in the Portuguese league for two seasons. Things like that are just a regular Tuesday in our league. The amount of teasing between CB's and forwards is up high.
It just seems like he’s feeling the pressure. That crazy celebration in the Charity Shield looked like a man who knows the heat is on. I doubt he would have nutted Anderson if he hadn’t been playing so poorly.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It just seems like he’s feeling the pressure. That crazy celebration in the Charity Shield looked like a man who knows the heat is on. I doubt he would have nutted Anderson if he hadn’t been playing so poorly.
I completely agree, he's feeling the pressure to show why is price tag is so high. Pepe is 10 times tougher in intimidation tactics and Coates will make sure you don't forget he's a very big fella during the whole match in every aerial challenge.

Let's see how he handles with it now, because at this moment every opponent will do this in his next matches.

PaulScholes99

Nuns certainly fell into trap.

Wow, that video is actually crazy. Didn't realize that Nunez already tried to get himself sent off before the incident happend.

0:24: After the foul he clearly kicks up with no ball around, just to hit Andersen - clear yellow card
0:38: trying to hit Andersen with his hand, if he connects clearly a straight red
And then, obviously, the attempted headbutt before the successful headbutt

Well, this red card was coming