Nuno Espírito Santo: Nottingham Forest manager

Hawks2008

It's been an awful appointment, he's not lasting til the break I reckon. Let's hope Ten Hag or Conte don't change their mind about joining Spurs.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He's been treated badly by the classless fans. Why abuse and mock whilst the game is on ?

Spurs should be ashamed of themselves. Utterly scandalous behaviour.
Why not? That’s the best way to get him out.

Needham

Poor fecker was so glassy eyed gazing on impotently at the end I thought he was in a sad-off with Manuel Pellegrini.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I even saw a Spurs fan in the stands exclaim "Wenger!" when he subbed off Moura. That must have hurt.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Who do Spurs get if they sack Nuno? Conte turned them down because he was not convinced of the project/Levy. Most other managers they approached are happy with their current position, the likes of Rodgers and Potter for example. And it does not solve the underlying issues with the squad. They can keep sacking managers, Pochettino, Jose, Nuno soon, but at the end of the day the squad needs rebuilding and monetary investment if they are serious in wanting to compete for a top four spot. Really Levy should have given Conte exactly what he wanted and backed that up with some big investment in the squad if he was serious about his top 4 talk.

Should have gotten rid of the players that wanted out as well, Kane, Ndombele, and got rid of the players whose careers have stalled Winks and Alli. One of Sanchez or Dier needed to be replaced as well. But Spurs will Spurs, sack the manager, bring in a new scapegoat who will inevitably be sacked because the players are not motivated/not good enough.

Pep's Suit

He's terrible but Spurs can't afford a big-name manager so I expect them to give Nuno few more games and when he's sacked they'll probably target coaches who won't cost more than 3-4M a season so... Howe?

tomaldinho1

Such a weird appointment. This is the guy who finished 13th with Wolves when he tried to implement an offensive style of play and Spurs are surprised he’s struggling?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The squad is really not bad at all actually. The problem is the culture. It's rotten and it's been that way since the final weeks of Pochettino. They needed and still need a hard reset, not selling Kane last summer was dumb, dumb, dumb.

I've been told on here Potter rejected them too?

stevoc

He plays a horrible brand of football, his teams really are a chore to watch. He was a baffling appointment for Spurs considering their fans obviously wouldn't enjoy his football.

Anustart89

I feel bad for Nuno, to be honest. It’s not like it was a secret that he’s an extremely negative manager, and then he’s signed to succeed Mourinho and bring attacking football back to Spurs. I’d say he was thrown under the bus by Levy and if I was a Spurs fan I would look at Levy’s position as much as Nuno’s

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
The squad is really not bad at all actually. The problem is the culture. It's rotten and it's been that way since the final weeks of Pochettino. They needed and still need a hard reset, not selling Kane last summer was dumb, dumb, dumb.

I've been told on here Potter rejected them too?
Rodgers and Potter were a flat out no I believe, I think they both happy with their current projects. Conte was a maybe but there was a dispute over back room staff and he was not 100% convinced on the project so he withdrew. That is when the Gattuso, Fonseca stuff started and they ended up with Nuno.

The squad is average, Kane has downed tools because I am assuming he did not get his move and Levy broke his gentlemen's agreement. Son is good, Hojbjerg and Moura are serviceable, Reguilon is great attacking, his defending needs work. Apart from that, who else do they have? Romero and Rodon young, Dier and Sanchez average, Skipp just a kid, Bergwyn average. Ndomebele doesnt want to be there, he wanted out last window, then you just have the recent arrivals who will take time to get up to speed like Royal and Gil.

They really are an average team now, a far cry from when you looked at the team with Vertonghen and Alderweireld in their prime, Walker and Rose bombing down the wings, Dembele bossing the midfield and an attack of Kane(when he actually cared), Son and Eriksen. I recall watching Real get rolled over quite convincingly by that Spurs when they were at their best.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

He needs £500m and four transfer windows. Hes got that Spurs DNA that they never had with Jose. Their fans are so disrespectful of what’s actually happening before their eyes. They don’t need some hipster manager like Ten Hag or Conte, when Nuno has already beaten Guardiola this season (without Kane!)

Nunos got his hand on the cock and he’s steering it in the right direction. It’s a long and hard process but it will be worth it in the end. You can’t be premature with these things and they’re in danger of pulling out too early. teehee

Eddy_JukeZ

They might be the worst footballing side I've watched all season.

They are absolutely horrendous.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Never a good sign when the crowd chants ''you don't know what you're doing''. When Mourinho was sacked, Daniel Levy said he wanted a manager who could produce a team that plays attacking, free flowing football. This Spurs team is a cure for insomnia.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Very strange from Levy to appoint someone with such a defensive style. I know he wasn’t the first choice but Spurs have a recent history of attacking football so the fans were never going to like this guy.

Red00012

Spurs fans singing we want nuno out 3 months in. You’d swear they were title candidates every year. This is their level with that squad.

MUFC OK

Think Rodgers is ideal for them and think he'd make the move. Has to be too early to sack Nuno regardless.

Djemba-Djemba

To not have a shot on target against us, a side that concede goal after goal, is pretty damning.

Our first comfortable win since August.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
One of the most bizarre appointments Tottenham have made. He’s just not someone you associate a spurs manager with and neither was Mourinho to be fair.

padzilla

Hipster
The manager ain’t gonna care for the stadium. I reckon Leicester are a better club to be at now compared to Spurs.
Living and working in London is likely to factor in as well though, especially considering the city's appeal compared to Leicester.

padzilla

Hipster
His Wolves sides were the worst to watch in the PL, it was strong, robust defensive football - a strange appointment for Spurs but similar to ones they have made the past with George Graham and Jose Mourinho, you just knew he was completely unsuited to the task.

Heardy

Living and working in London is likely to factor in as well though, especially considering the city's appeal compared to Leicester.
Yeah I get that, I just don’t see managers like Rogers clambering to work under levy at Spurs.

Hope I’m not proved wrong and conte ends up there.

padzilla

Hipster
It was pretty obvious this would happen, after all his term to Wolves came to a pretty uninspiring conclusion and the Spurs job seemed to be offered to every coach in Europe until he received it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
One of the most bizarre appointments Tottenham have made. He’s just not someone you associate a spurs manager with and neither was Mourinho to be fair.
All they could get, they went through multiple other choices first. Conte wants a huge salary and transfer budget, that's why not realistic.

They need to sell Kane and rebuild, seriously tough job for any manager.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Very strange from Levy to appoint someone with such a defensive style. I know he wasn’t the first choice but Spurs have a recent history of attacking football so the fans were never going to like this guy.
That was Paratici. His post-Marrotta Juventus years and the first 6 months at Tottenham reflect very badly on him. He was flavour of the month on here a few years back. He‘s bad enough that you can’t count yourself lucky, I think.

Judas

Open to offers
Whats changed since the summer that makes Conte to Spurs anymore likely? The move totally fell apart didn't it. Spurs just being a bit more desperate now?