Nuno Espírito Santo: Nottingham Forest manager

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Spurs would be much better served with Vitor Pereira. A guy who knows more about the game than Nuno and Marco Silva together. And plays a much better football brand. The disadvantadge of not having the right agent.

James Peril

Well this is a disaster of an appointment. I think even Glaston would return with all his lunacy if they hired Conte, but surely he isn’t creeping out of his mom’s basement for Nuno. Spurs are truly and utterly written off before the season has even started, poor Kane and Son. Wasting their careers at a club that has officially signaled their low aspirations.

dinostar77

Panic appointment. What was he, the 10th manager they approached? Farcial.

acnumber9

As underwhelming an appointment as they could’ve had. I’d hoped we’d seen the back of him when he left Wolves.

USREDEVIL

The Spurs forum are inconsolable. Calling him a poor man's mourinho.

Edit: just noticed it's my 1776 post and it's almost the Fourth of July. Feck ya 'Murica!!

hobbers

So as predicted, Spurs come away from their manager hunt with a much worse manager than Everton, despite spending over twice as long searching.

Thiagoal

So Levy has brought in the most defensive, negative coach in the league to get Spurs back to their attacking traditions… erm ok then..

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's a good manager but I don't think Wolves were/are known for their attacking style of football.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nuno is known with his defensive approach. I don't think Levy understands what he is doing here and did he even tell his DoF that Spurs want to play attacking? Unless Nuno decides to change his approach and be attacking manager.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Even if you discount the shit-on-a-stick football, his career highlight is being given a Europa League level squad while in the Championship and getting them to... the Europa League spots.

Couldn't be more bang average. The likes of Potter, Howe, Wilder etc have shown much more ability to do more with less. At least Spurs fans will finally get to see the fully unleashed potential of Matt Doherty. :drool:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So Levy has brought in the most defensive, negative coach in the league to get Spurs back to their attacking traditions… erm ok then..
Well, at least it provides stylistic continuity with Mourinho! (Assuming Mason didn't turn that around as caretaker.)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Said in another thread, the reason he got sacked is because he’s a piece of shit and treats his staff and players horrendously, the public nice guy image is all an act. This won’t end well with the darlings they have at Spurs.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Said in another thread, the reason he got sacked is because he’s a piece of shit and treats his staff and players horrendously, the public nice guy image is all an act. This won’t end well with the darlings they have at Spurs.
How do you know? Is Son going to cry?

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I fell asleep halfway through the thread title. Dire times for Spurs I feel.

Varun1

Tell us more mate.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Chats some shit Levy "attacking and entertaining football". He must think Spurs fans are stupid and don't watch other clubs besides their own. I swear 90 percent of Wolves goals scored under Nuno tend to come in the second half. I used to skip watching them play in the first half and the result wouldn't have changed by the end of it because they were so boring and defensive.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
N̶a̶g̶e̶l̶s̶m̶a̶n̶n̶
R̶a̶n̶g̶n̶i̶c̶k̶
P̶o̶t̶t̶e̶r̶
P̶a̶r̶k̶e̶r̶
T̶a̶n̶ ̶H̶a̶g̶
P̶o̶c̶h̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶o̶
C̶o̶n̶t̶e̶
F̶o̶n̶s̶e̶c̶a̶
G̶a̶t̶t̶u̶s̶o̶
L̶o̶p̶e̶t̶e̶g̶u̶i̶

...Nuno, we wanted you all along!

Reactions: Fortitude

Womp

idiot
Fecking terrible appointment, has to be said. They were rejected by countless top coaches, but they could have gone left field and taken a risk on a less known progressive coach in a lower league for example. Would have been more exciting for me at least, rather than a manager who has already established himself as quite average and defensive.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, spill the beans.

Grande

One thing I wonder about, is: Who gloating now where the same who at various points condemned Ed for not getting Paratici for DoF at various points. Because the only part of this that smacks of Levy is boasting about Spurs DNA while wanting the star studded Juve man.

Looking at Juve and knowing Italian football just a bit, it was fairly obvious that Paratici’s competence is not used to be hampered by the sort of English ideas of attacking/exciting football that is demanded at Spurs and United more than any other English clubs.

Nuno has done a very impressive job all in all together with Mendes at Wolves. For Paratici he would be an obvious candidate from many points of view, and I’m sure Levy mentioning something about ‘The Spurs Style’ would have had Paratici shaking his head and thinking ‘Losing style? Don’t think so’.

We’ll see how it pans out, but I imagine anyone shouting ‘Mou out - Paratici for DoF!’ would have had their cereals well gagged by now in that alternate universe.