Nuno Espírito Santo: Nottingham Forest manager

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Feel for him taking over the Kane situation…

Think Levy would’ve been better off selling Kane and reinvesting as Villa did.

Nuno then would’ve had his own players and a happy team.

Levy’s pride and ego was always going to hurt Spuds at some point, unfortunate for Nuno that it coincided with his move there.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
3 goals from their first 5 games this season, only 1 from open play.
They scored 15 goals from their first 5 last season.

Away to Arsenal next then Villa. If they dont get some goals and points on the board from those 2 the pressure will start building.

Tough game today for them but they didnt lay a finger on Chelsea.
I cant remember too many shots on target. Villa lost to the same score v Chelsea last weekend but they had a go at them as well and were unlucky not to score.

Guy Incognito

I don't see how he'd be an improvement on Jose.

Did Levy watch Wolves' play the last two seasons? Dire stuff. Granted he can get a team to put in a solid performance, but the football is often rancid.

They’re in big trouble this season. Played well against city but have been absolutely shocking since then.
Kane’s application today was nowhere near it normally is and if that carries on they’ll finish bottom half.
If City had their shooting boots on it'd have been game over after 20 mins.

That Spurs were allowed to grow into the match, and Pep was unable to change his tactics, said more about City's failings. Contrast that to Chelsea today under Tuchel.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Did Levy watch Wolves' play the last two seasons? Dire stuff. Granted he can get a team to put in a solid performance, but the football is often rancid.
Look at what else they could've appointed though. Paulo Fonseca, Gattuso etc. Benitez probably would've been logical appointment but he'd probably do similar job to Nuno given his style.

Spurs peaked 3-4 years ago under Poch but they're just a europa league chasing team now. It can get worse aswell if they're not careful.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For the first 45 I thought they did well against Chelsea. They had 10 men to Palace so I reckon Nuno needs some more time before we write him off. Of course there needs to be more cutting edge, would like to see him play Gill and Ndombele more.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton

Everton interviewed Nuno in the summer and after looking at his record I didnt want the fella.
He left Valencia 11 months after signing a new 3 year contract and a couple of months after spending €130m.
Porto sacked him a year into a 2 year deal.
And he left Wolves 9 months after signing a new 2.5 year deal.

His teams play boring uninspiring football. Wolves did well with all those Portugese players they get through Jorge Mendes.

The only good thing I can say about Nuno is that he has a great agent.

SAFMUTD

Can't see him last much, he's basically doing a Mourinho impression.

Negative football and the results are not showing, won't be long before the fans turn on him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Why are they not taking the conference league seriously? It's their best chance to qualify for the europa league next season.

Santos J

Nuno-ball

19th - shots/gm
18th - shots allowed/gm
17th - goals
19th- xG
15th - possession
20th - successful pressures
19th - % tackles won
18th- % successful take-ons
19th - progressive carries
20th - progressive carry distance
15th - % aerial duels won
From the Spurs forum

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's my least favourite manager in the Premier League, which says a lot about his football because he seems a decent bloke. Hope he and his football don't get another Premier League gig after Spurs sack him. His entire philosophy at Wolves was to try and cancel out games and make them non events, it gets results but it is joyless.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Everton interviewed Nuno in the summer and after looking at his record I didnt want the fella.
He left Valencia 11 months after signing a new 3 year contract and a couple of months after spending €130m.
Porto sacked him a year into a 2 year deal.
And he left Wolves 9 months after signing a new 2.5 year deal.

His teams play boring uninspiring football. Wolves did well with all those Portugese players they get through Jorge Mendes.

The only good thing I can say about Nuno is that he has a great agent.
3 goals scored in 5 and a half games.
No game plan. Conceding at will.

Bullet dodged with this joker

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
3 goals scored in 5 and a half games.
No game plan. Conceding at will.

Bullet dodged with this joker
Everyone who was baffled when we got Benitez are probably realising why now when it was a choice between the two. Thank feck we took Rafa.

acnumber9

Their 14th choice manager isn’t very good. Shouldn’t be a huge surprise.

FatTails

He’s a nicer, but much less accomplished, Mourinho. Weird appointment after sacking Mourinho and citing the style of football, but to be fair it only happened because every other coach in world football turned the job down.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not going well right now but he’s only been there two minutes.

Abraxas

He inherited an awful situation, let's be honest. There is no excuse for some of the defending, that's supposed to be his forte but he'll need time to get a grip of the Kane situation, resolve it clearly in one way or another and start to create his own side. Too early to make judgements on him.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Everyone who was baffled when we got Benitez are probably realising why now when it was a choice between the two. Thank feck we took Rafa.
Yeah lucky escape. It was close at one point but I read that Nuno didn’t impress in the interviews.
We look more solid (and fitter) and have a game plan now. Not sure what Spurs are trying to do here.

binary bot
Can see him being sacked this week. The stats are horrendous

slored1

To be fair Rafa has been brilliant so far. Getting the absolute maximum out of Gray, Townsend and the likes.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Only a matter of time

I think Poch will be sacked mid-way through the season and he'll go back to Spurs

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tbf to Spurs, he was something like their 5th or 6th choice. But yeah, boring and uninspiring and a horrible choice after Mourinho. Levy’s decisions have really hurt Spurs.

tomaldinho1

But he has a system?
Probably most defensive manager in the league who made Wolves the bore of the fixture list. The season he supposedly tried to transition to offensive football they were dire and he left. Spurs then appoint him…he’s gone back to what he knows and it terrible.
Although joyous to watch.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Can see him being sacked this week. The stats are horrendous
To replace him with ? Don't think Potter jumps ship 2 months in the season and Brighton doing pretty good.

BerryBerryShrew

To replace him with ? Don't think Potter jumps ship 2 months in the season and Brighton doing pretty good.
Spurs were stupid not to go for Potter in the summer. Even Hassenhutl would have been a much better shout than Nuno.

el3mel

Spurs should have gone for any young manager from outside the league who plays decent football. I'm pretty sure if they had searched outside the known name, they could have found a decent coach. It would have given the fans a sense of this season being transitional as long as they play good football and focus on rebuilding. Instead they hired Nuno, a coach who plays absolute shit football and there's no way to think why he'll produce better results than what they were getting.

It was a shit appointment from the start.

kps88

He basically said the players were not able to do what he told them to do in his post match interview. Sounds like his days are numbered.

JustAGuest

Would Ten Hag be willing to join them? I doubt it, but he would be a good choice.

Bertie Wooster

I was surprised he got a job like Tottenham to be honest, and not surprised at the football they're playing.

He did well at Wolves, but he took over them at a good time. There's plenty of examples of a manager doing well at a club who don't normally do so, but it's more because they're neaveau riche, or being run very well by owners, so it's a good job to get at that time.

His cagey style of play, and lack of honours, as a manager made him a surprise choice for a CL spot / trophy chasing side. I thought the likes of Wolves, Southanpton, etc, was more his level.

They got off to a false start with three uninspiring 1-0 wins (daylight robbery v Wolves), but the results have started to reflect the performances and he needs to start improving both.