Nuno Espirito Santo

Suedesi

This lad has done a great job - I remember people laughing at Wolves fans in this forum when they were predicting that they would finish ahead of us sometime in the next 5 years. Might happen sooner than 5 years lads.

What’s everyone expecting tomorrow?

joedirt87

an ass whooping. expecting them to bully us off the ball and get away with a lot of physical challenges like the last couple times we played them.

Chipper

Somehow managed to never really hear him speak until a couple of post-match interviews over Christmas/New Year. Thought he came across really well. Communication is obviously a part of coaching/management to get your thoughts across to your players I'd wager that's a big strength of his.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He created a very cohesive, well drilled team. Their recruitment has been spot on. I like watching them. Actually id rather watch them every weekend than us.
At least there is a structure you can identify.

With us, I have no idea from one match to the next

simplyared

I would rate this guy very very highly when comparing with all other top managers. Came to the Wolves May 2016, got them promotion and not only that turned them into a team that is in the PL to stay. Wolves have quality throughout the team, and they could have easily beaten us the other night. Sitting right now 7th in the PL. I certainly estimate them as a team just outside top 4. He's transformed the whole set up. Great achievement and a top man too!

prateik

The Sheffield United manager has done a far more impressive job with fewer resources.

Wolves had a premiership squad in the championship.. them being top half shouldnt be a huge surprise..
That said, he is doing a good job.. But its not exactly a case of a scrappy championship side getting promoted and establishing themselves as a top half team.

simplyared

The Sheffield United manager has done a far more impressive job with fewer resources.

Wolves had a premiership squad in the championship.. them being top half shouldnt be a huge surprise..
That said, he is doing a good job.. But its not exactly a case of a scrappy championship side getting promoted and establishing themselves as a top half team.
That maybe true but let's wait until the end of the season and see where Sheffield utd end up. Or even next season for that matter. What Nuno Espirito Santo has achieved is that he's built a team that's proved themselves good enough to park themselves just outside top 4 and they're in the PL for the long haul! Not so sure that will be the case with Sheffield utd!

Classical Mechanic

I would rate this guy very very highly when comparing with all other top managers. Came to the Wolves May 2016, got them promotion and not only that turned them into a team that is in the PL to stay. Wolves have quality throughout the team, and they could have easily beaten us the other night. Sitting right now 7th in the PL. I certainly estimate them as a team just outside top 4. He's transformed the whole set up. Great achievement and a top man too!
I'd contest that. They're like 7th in net spend over the past 5 years of the 20 PL teams and are backed by companies linked to the Chinese government. They have one of the most powerful agents in world football using the club as a player farm and the still play defensive football. They're only about where they should be.

simplyared

I'd contest that. They're like 7th in net spend over the past 5 years of the 20 PL teams and are backed by companies linked to the Chinese government. They have one of the most powerful agents in world football using the club as a player farm and the still play defensive football. They're only about where they should be.
I was building my positive comments on the guy based on what he's achieved on the pitch and the players he's aquired. If we're to bring the wealth of the owners into the equation then of course he's had the resources to be able to change things. But isn't that the case with most successful managers? Let's say he's played a big part in transforming the football club in a relitavely short period of time. Money is a big part of it of course but you need someone in the driving seat to turn that into sucess on the field.

edcunited1878

He's a modern day Mourinho in terms of honest defensive shape, 3 CBs with 2 CMs who retain possession well but operate from deep, and is very well liked by his fans and media.

They have a talented squad, more than people will give them credit for, but they are difficult to beat rather than a threat to beat you. Drawn 10 matches thus far, equal with Arsenal.

It will be interesting how the squad develops and improves or will they stagnate.

adexkola

Arsenal supporter
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I was building my positive comments on the guy based on what he's achieved on the pitch and the players he's aquired. If we're to bring the wealth of the owners into the equation then of course he's had the resources to be able to change things. But isn't that the case with most successful managers? Let's say he's played a big part in transforming the football club in a relitavely short period of time. Money is a big part of it of course but you need someone in the driving seat to turn that into sucess on the field.
It's some people won't rate you as a manager until you turn water into wine. Performing at expected levels given a certain level of resources is something to be applauded, not snubbed.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
I remember people laughing at Wolves fans in this forum when they were predicting that they would finish ahead of us sometime in the next 5 years. Might happen sooner than 5 years lads.
Funnily enough, I remember this too. Counting the days!!

Whether this actually happens will revolve very much around whether we manage to keep Nuno and whether you choose to keep Ole.