Nuno leaving Wolves

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

The Mendes wheel continues

Hughes35

Think he's a decent manager. I imagine he has a job lined up (Probably Spurs).

I do think he is overrated though. If he does go to Spurs, I can't see that being enough to give Kane second thoughts.

saivet

So do we think he's done excellent at Wolves by making them a regular in the top half of the PL or do we think he held them back and they could be a team like Leicester breaking into the top 4 with a better manager?
I think he's done a pretty good job. They have been disappointing this season but they've finished 7th his other seasons in the PL which is about as good as I think you can expect. Any more than that and he's done an outstanding job. I think they are incredibly boring but I don't think that should take away from the job he has done.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Woy first, Nuno now. Our bogey teams losing their jujus. Good fecking riddance to both.

Brophs

The One and Only
Can't see it being Spurs. Levy couldn't get away with the whole 'We want an attacking manager' only to hire Nuno a day later.

FatTails

So do we think he's done excellent at Wolves by making them a regular in the top half of the PL or do we think he held them back and they could be a team like Leicester breaking into the top 4 with a better manager?
Do we have to think the same thing?:p

I think he’s done well. Back to back seasons in 7th as a newly promoted team is good going, although they clearly had a better squad and investment than the average promoted club.

The football was atrocious most of the time but some of their counterattacking was excellent in the first two seasons, to be fair.

Would be weird as a Spurs manager though

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Peri Peri Pulis.

Hopefully Wolves become a but more fun under a new manager. One of the most boring sides in the Premier League over the last few years.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Local Wolverhampton man Nuno Espirito Santo leaves Wolverhampton Wanderers by mutual consent. He is due to be replaced by another local Wolverhampton man, Bruno Lage of Whitmore Reans. Local.

Teja

I’d be amazed if he’s Spurs bound but in saying that I don’t see any obvious candidates.
Potter should be gettable and plays much more entertaining football than Nuno. I just don't see Nuno at Spurs, they got burned by Jose the same way we did. They'll get someone more attacking.

City when Guardiola walks after smashing Chelsea next week.
Fingers crossed, but haven't seen any concrete rumors. Wouldn't be surprised if Pep had a handshake agreement with the owners that said he can leave whenever he wants if he wins the CL.

Bertie Wooster

This isn't too surprising for modern football standards - though I would be surprised if he moves to a bigger, higher club like Spurs.

He's been there four years - which is a long time by modern standards - and each PL season has been slightly less successful than the previous. Promotion in his first season, then 7th in the PL and an FA Cup S/F, then 7th with no cup run, then a 12th, so lower half, finish. So slightly declining results and with no improvement in style. In a more patient environment than football, you'd just plod along and start again next year. In 21st century football, impatience sets in if there's not continual improvement and, after 4 years, it looks like the whole 'taken them as far as he could' factor.

The two 7th placed finishes were obviously good efforts, albeit with dull football. He had more investment than most promoted teams, so their ambitions were always much higher than just survival, but 7th was about as high as a manager could realistically be expected to achieve. However, once those levels have been achieved, they'd have been looking to kick on like Leicester have, and like Everton are trying to. And, like Everton, if they've failed to do that, and gone backwards this year, then it's not a surprise in these times if they start looking for someone else to try to take that next step.

El Presidente

Just looked at his managerial record, very strange! Started in 1989, won the coppa Italia and eufa cup in his first season, went on to manage for another 25 years without winning anything else.
So, basically Arteta.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't see it being Spurs. Levy couldn't get away with the whole 'We want an attacking manager' only to hire Nuno a day later.
Correct you are:

DomM

At least he can leave with a victory parade in front of some fans.

stu_1992

I guess he feels he's taken them as far as he can and I think without some signifigant investment, he's probably right. Never enjoyed watching his Wolves team and certainly didn't like United playing against them. I don't see anything in people calling him to Spurs. Before Mourinho maybe, but I don't think the fans will accept another manager with a boring style of play so soon.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The Spurs links are due to them being the only so called big 6 club without a permanent manager in place. I'll be stunned if Daniel Levy is daft enough to appoint Nuno who has done a good job at Wolves but it might be the best thing for both parties for there to be a change.

always_hoping

Style of play wasn't pretty but he did a very good job at Wolves and got i believe the very best out of them. They will really struggle (possible relegation battle) next season if a like for like replacement isn't brought in.

Be interesting to see where he goes next, won't be long without a team.

siw2007

Wolves supporters worship the bloke. Wolves for a long time have been a club struggling to make any ground in the championship and Nuno, with lots of help from Mendes and the owners have turned them into a strong PL team. He will be missed there and no guarantee that the next boss takes them to another level.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Spurs links are due to them being the only so called big 6 club without a permanent manager in place. I'll be stunned if Daniel Levy is daft enough to appoint Nuno who has done a good job at Wolves but it might be the best thing for both parties for there to be a change.
Yeah there is zero chance Nuno goes to Spurs.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Can't both be true?

stevoc

Hopefully he leaves the Premier League. His Wolves team play quite possibly the most boring football I've had the misfortune to watch over the last 30 years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I used to rate him, about two years or so ago. Since then they've been consistently the most boring team in the league and they had an absolute mare this season.

To think Spurs would be offering him the managerial role given their recent steep downturn, is quite laughable. Not that I don't believe Spurs can make a really bad appointment, but not so obviously bad an appointment (Ryan Mason caretaker manager excluded).

redrobed

Think he could be great as a number 2 to Ole - would be a step up for him from the Wolves job and surely has experience and insight Ole could benefit from.

Could also work for us if we wanted any of say Jiminez, Neto, etc. on the cheap to beef out the squad a little.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Which way do you think Wolves will go Leicester or Swansea?

I could see them struggling, they've looked average this season compared to the last two when they looked capable of beating any team on their day.

Often teams from the Championship burst into the Premier League and then run out of steam after 2, 3 or 4 seasons.

Dan_F

They’ve done well to land at one of the only higher level managers who plays worse football than Jose. At least it seems like Levy has a vision for how he wants Spurs to play.