Nuno Mendes (Sporting CP)

mav_9me

Was insane money because at the time he had only had 15 games as a first team coach! In those 15 games as coach of Braga He beat Sporting 2x Porto away and in the final of the league cup and Benfica away along with beating Rangers.

Safe to say he was a hot commodity in Portugal. The fans myself included thought it was insane money for a rookie coach but it seems to be paying off because we are flying in the league this season and won the league cup.

In the big games this season 1 draw vs Porto 2 wins vs Braga one being in the league cup final and 1 win vs Benfica at home. Only 9 goals conceded and the best attack in the league with a young squad.
Forget Nuno. We need to get this coach. Only half kidding.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
how's Pedro Porro getting on?
Best right back in the league. Technically great, has a great shot on him and is a good crosser.

What I love the most is his energy, and demeanor. He has that South American fire about him and celebrates a tackle or a defensive drop like it was a goal in the world cup final!

Brilliant little player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Have City been linked with him yet? I think they'll get rid of Mendy this summer and they'll be on the market for a LB.
nooooo hopefully not. It would break my heart to see them go out and snap up this guy easy as you like. I hope we are right there but I’m fairly sure we won’t get involved in a bidding war with Shaw looking good again and Telles still settling in but looking decently promising. I hope he stays there next season too and then see where we are at. I’m so convinced by this guy I’d sign him tomorrow and loan him straight back until he’s had the optimum amount of experience at that level. Even if it takes a year or 2.

SportingCP96

Supports
nooooo hopefully not. It would break my heart to see them go out and snap up this guy easy as you like. I hope we are right there but I’m fairly sure we won’t get involved in a bidding war with Shaw looking good again and Telles still settling in but looking decently promising. I hope he stays there next season too and then see where we are at. I’m so convinced by this guy I’d sign him tomorrow and loan him straight back until he’s had the optimum amount of experience at that level. Even if it takes a year or 2.
If you paid 45M and left him here for 2 years to play CL I would take that tbh.

SportingCP96

Supports
The truth is there is so much young talent in this Sporting team I see us getting raided after next season just like Ajax did.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Best right back in the league. Technically great, has a great shot on him and is a good crosser.

What I love the most is his energy, and demeanor. He has that South American fire about him and celebrates a tackle or a defensive drop like it was a goal in the world cup final!

Brilliant little player.
brilliant, no idea what we plan to do with him, maybe leave him there another year and bring him back when/if Walker leaves end of next season hopefully.

Or more than likely, sell him for £20m and have a buy back clause.

romufc

The truth is there is so much young talent in this Sporting team I see us getting raided after next season just like Ajax did.
The thing with Sporting is they actually demand fees of their players.

Ajax have sold their players for relatively cheaper amounts.

I see Liverpool been linked to the RW/CM that you guys have.

SportingCP96

Supports
brilliant, no idea what we plan to do with him, maybe leave him there another year and bring him back when/if Walker leaves end of next season hopefully.

Or more than likely, sell him for £20m and have a buy back clause.
We have a buyout clause of 8M for him so I’m almost certain he will be signing for us permanently. Unless City pays us a Fee not to sign him which I think would be stupid on our part.

SportingCP96

Supports
The thing with Sporting is they actually demand fees of their players.

Ajax have sold their players for relatively cheaper amounts.

I see Liverpool been linked to the RW/CM that you guys have.
Ehh with BDC this was true but not with Varandas. Benfica and Porto ask for much bigger fees for lesser players.

Sporting sold one of the best players they ever had for Peanuts to United.

Yes Liverpool are reportedly interested in Pedro “Pote” Gonçalves . Traditionally he was a CM his whole career but Amorim had had him playing in a LF,RF, CF positions this season and it has been a revelation. Top goal scorer in the league. Only 22 as well.

romufc

Ehh with BDC this was true but not with Varandas. Benfica and Porto ask for much bigger fees for lesser players.

Sporting sold one of the best players they ever had for Peanuts to United.

Yes Liverpool are reportedly interested in Pedro “Pote” Gonçalves . Traditionally he was a CM his whole career but Amorim had had him playing in a LF,RF, CF positions this season and it has been a revelation. Top goal scorer in the league. Only 22 as well.
Fair enough, Porto and Benfica do ask for huge fees. Look at Fabio Silva for an example to Wolves.

Does Goncalves have a release clause?

I thought the Bruno deal was because Sporting were struggling financially?

RedDevilzFox

Given such good luck we have with Portuguese players one would think we'd spend a bit more time scouting that region and taking more chances.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
We have a buyout clause of 8M for him so I’m almost certain he will be signing for us permanently. Unless City pays us a Fee not to sign him which I think would be stupid on our part.
ahh right, wasn't aware of that, I'd imagine we'll have a buyback involved somewhere within that once you buy him for £8m

SportingCP96

Supports
Fair enough, Porto and Benfica do ask for huge fees. Look at Fabio Silva for an example to Wolves.

Does Goncalves have a release clause?

I thought the Bruno deal was because Sporting were struggling financially?
Sporting could of gotten a bigger fee for him no doubt.

Yes I believe Pote has a 60M release clause but don't quote me on that. The problem is we still have to buy the other 50% of him. We payed 6.5M for only 50%

SportingCP96

Supports
ahh right, wasn't aware of that, I'd imagine we'll have a buyback involved somewhere within that once you buy him for £8m
From what I know there was not any buy back included but I could be mistaken.

Pep's Suit

Yeah, City can pay you in '22 to cancel that clause, I believe.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 is this Tiago Thomas chap any good that has been linked to Arsenal? Can you tell us a bit more about him?
Strikers are the absolute hardest players to judge as they can be good young and then be shit or be bad/average when young and then be good so I like to give it a longer time period before making a prediction on a young striker (The only ones that are different breeds are the Haaland's of the world and freaks like that).

Ok so Tiago Tomas, He has been one of my and the coaches favorite players this season. He is solid on the ball and has good hold up play (third most fouled player out of Europes top 5 leagues). He is a very hardworking player. He has 5 goals scored total this season and although that may be off putting its worth noting he has barely played as the primary striker. Amorim will usually shove him outside to have a traditional striker like Sporar or now Paulinho down the middle.

PROS/CONS:

Pros- Pace, hold up play, Runs and spacial awarenesses, technical ability on the ball
Cons- Finishing, Needs to build more body mass to compete with bigger stronger center-backs, Passing.

He makes fantastic runs but his finishing needs to be better and more consistent, The goals he did score are some fantastic finishes for a kid his age but he has a lot to work on.

Tiago Tomas is a lot more of a project player especially at the tender age of only 18 years old. He is best suited staying at Sporting until he is 21 or around there and further developing his skills and ability. There is a player in there for sure. I am much more sure about other prospects we have but thats not to say Tomas is bad its just that like I said Strikers are the hardest players to see how there quality will translate over.

GledTheRed

Strikers are the absolute hardest players to judge as they can be good young and then be shit or be bad/average when young and then be good so I like to give it a longer time period before making a prediction on a young striker (The only ones that are different breeds are the Haaland's of the world and freaks like that).

Ok so Tiago Tomas, He has been one of my and the coaches favorite players this season. He is solid on the ball and has good hold up play (third most fouled player out of Europes top 5 leagues). He is a very hardworking player. He has 5 goals scored total this season and although that may be off putting its worth noting he has barely played as the primary striker. Amorim will usually shove him outside to have a traditional striker like Sporar or now Paulinho down the middle.

PROS/CONS:

Pros- Pace, hold up play, Runs and spacial awarenesses, technical ability on the ball
Cons- Finishing, Needs to build more body mass to compete with bigger stronger center-backs, Passing.

He makes fantastic runs but his finishing needs to be better and more consistent, The goals he did score are some fantastic finishes for a kid his age but he has a lot to work on.

Tiago Tomas is a lot more of a project player especially at the tender age of only 18 years old. He is best suited staying at Sporting until he is 21 or around there and further developing his skills and ability. There is a player in there for sure. I am much more sure about other prospects we have but thats not to say Tomas is bad its just that like I said Strikers are the hardest players to see how there quality will translate over.

Thanks man, quality reply.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So he is the starting left back for Portugal. 18. Not bad.

SCP_PT

Supports
Sporting
Secund most valuable young left back in the world!

The list:

Davies -> 75M
Nuno Mendes ->25M
Ait Nouri -> 20M
Sessegnon ->20M
MYkolenko ->15M

SportingCP96

Supports
Secund most valuable young left back in the world!

The list:

Davies -> 75M
Nuno Mendes ->25M
Ait Nouri -> 20M
Sessegnon ->20M
MYkolenko ->15M
Those prices are a joke, especially with the modern inflated market.

45M minimum.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He isn't ready for a top League yet, should stay at least one more season in Portugal and he is used to play on a back 3 or 5 system, it's not the same as playing on a back 4 where your positional awareness regarding defensive duties is more required.

SportingCP96

Supports
The modern inflated market is now changing due to clubs losing so much money due to covid.

£25m seems like a fair price, I'd imagine there would be add ons taking it to £30-35m.
No way. Mendy left Lyon for 45M

I would not expect anything less.

18 one of if not the most promising young left back in his age bracket. Possible league winner, Portugal International and Sporting will be in the CL.

25M would be day light robbery.

If I am Sporting if the first number coming out of another representatives mouth does not start with 4 Im hanging up the phone before they even finish talking.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City

18 one of if not the most promising young left back in his age bracket. Possible league winner, Portugal International and Sporting will be in the CL.

If I am Sporting if the first number coming out of another representatives mouth does not start with 4 Im hanging up the phone before they even finish talking.
Totally agree with you...this lad is an amazing talent.

pascell

Mendy left in an overinflated market, the market this summer onwards will likely return to a stable market. I do hope you guys do get the fees you want, I just feel that you'll get £25-30m + £5-10m in add ons, unless of course he goes to the Euros and plays a big part for Portugal.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Tbh even the game being chaotic on the second half I expected him to be more nervous vs Serbia during those 20/25 minutes, but it’s understandable Santos was afraid of starting him vs Serbia, he doesn’t have International experience, and doesn’t play on a back 4 at club level.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Mendy played for Lyon on the French League and if he didn’t played Champions League he played Europa League, no one will pay that for him, even City. He needs to stay one more year, but you’re crazy if you think any club on today’s market will pay 45/50 million Euros for any fullback. The most expensive this season was Chilwell and he had more than 100 hundred games for Leicester. Playing in the same league. Those sums of money you’re talking only are involved with Mendes clubs, and as we know, it’s always a restricted number of clubs. But 25 million euros this Summer no way. More 1 year.

SportingCP96

Supports
Mendy played for Lyon on the French League and if he didn’t played Champions League he played Europa League, no one will pay that for him, even City. He needs to stay one more year, but you’re crazy if you think any club on today’s market will pay 45/50 million Euros for any fullback. The most expensive this season was Chilwell and he had more than 100 hundred games for Leicester. Playing in the same league. Those sums of money you’re talking only are involved with Mendes clubs, and as we know, it’s always a restricted number of clubs. But 25 million euros this Summer no way. More 1 year.
Oh I didn’t mean he was leaving this year because he’s not.

He will stay one more year, okay CL and possibly start in the euro or at least play at 18 for one of the best teams In the world.

I would wager he does not leave for 25M not a chance.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh I didn’t mean he was leaving this year because he’s not.

He will stay one more year, okay CL and possibly start in the euro or at least play at 18 for one of the best teams In the world.

I would wager he does not leave for 25M not a chance.
He has to stay at least 1 more year. Next season he will be more valued playing European football at club level and presumably the Covid situation will improve the market. I simply don’t value much those millions associated with the Mendes clubs. I cannot sleep with the shit result today, how the feck there’s no goal line tech for this? Even though we played shit on the second half, I am even doubtful about the Luxembourg match.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Portugal are looking like some disgustingly high quality team now.

Varun

Staff

4.4mil :drool: