Nuno Mendes (Sporting CP)

Drz

Interesting clips, wonder if his ball winning ability, passing range and ability to drive from deep can allow him to develop into a CDM.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

After Alphonso Davies probably the best young left back in the 17-21 age range.

Kid is Stupid good.

izec

After Alphonso Davies probably the best young left back in the 17-21 age range.

Kid is Stupid good.
There arent that many good LBs anyway. Davies while young, is already one of the best LBs around. This kid will be there as well in a couple of years (probably soon anyway). Top clubs will be lining up for him.

mu4c_20le

So apparently the papers in Portugal are saying that Sporting have agreed in principle on taking Alex Telles plus cash for the kid.

Harold_Giles

Is he nailed on to be a left back, or might he go the Bale route where his attacking abilities see him end up further up the pitch?

SportingCP96

Supports
So apparently the papers in Portugal are saying that Sporting have agreed in principle on taking Alex Telles plus cash for the kid.
I don’t believe that rumor at all.

The one that makes the most sense is the City rumor.

50M plus allowing us to keep Pedro Porro. Especially with our recent “friendship” with City.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Heading for City, it seems. Transfer money + Pedro Porro, but they are expecting to sell Mendy before.

Pep's Suit

Heading for City, it seems. Transfer money + Pedro Porro, but they are expecting to sell Mendy before.
Gaughan denied City's interest. I think they like him but portugese press mentioned £44m + Porro and that's just not happening. I think PP should be worth like Angeliño (£15-18m) so maybe if Sporting drop their demands...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Really hope so: our league was in a bad spiraal where every u21 who made a half-good season would immediatly be transfered to Spain / Italy / Premier League. It has taken the toll to our league.

jesperjaap

He isn't ready for a top League yet, should stay at least one more season in Portugal and he is used to play on a back 3 or 5 system, it's not the same as playing on a back 4 where your positional awareness regarding defensive duties is more required.
I disagree, though not the finished article, his ability is obvious. Needs to progress of course, but I think he is ready to do so at a big club. Along with Greenwood I think him and Camavinga are the best teenagers in Europe that I have seen anyway.

Is 100% the real deal for me, as a signing for us makes no sense though with talk of £50m, when arguably our best player this year is playing in the same position. Hope he doesnt go to CIty and hope he does stay a year. Whoever signs him has a monster of a player in the making I feel....we are talkign a potential Ashley COle. Evra level of player I feel

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nuno Mendes still a teenager but playing for Portugal v Israel right now, and one could be forgiven for thinking he's a seasoned pro already. Big talent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Nuno Mendes still a teenager but playing for Portugal v Israel right now, and one could be forgiven for thinking he's a seasoned pro already. Big talent.
@SportingCP96 raves about him. I guess the muppet in me is shut down both because we have two left backs and because we have very limited cash to spend and a plethora of problems to address.

Anyone know how Aphonso Davies did this season?

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 raves about him. I guess the muppet in me is shut down both because we have two left backs and because we have very limited cash to spend and a plethora of problems to address.

Anyone know how Aphonso Davies did this season?
At only 18 his potential is scary.

Something tells me he is going to City considering Sporting and City have begun to develop a friendship it seems.

City probably trying to reap the benefits United have had with Sporting.

We sent them Felix Correia and last season they gave us Porro (key player for us this year).

now rumors of Herrera or Nmecha coming to Sporting which are both guys from city. I think they are trying to build repor with Sporting.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
At only 18 his potential is scary.

Something tells me he is going to City considering Sporting and City have begun to develop a friendship it seems.

City probably trying to reap the benefits United have had with Sporting.

We sent them Felix Correia and last season they gave us Porro (key player for us this year).

now rumors of Herrera or Nmecha coming to Sporting which are both guys from city. I think they are trying to build repor with Sporting.
Yeah, they would be likely wouldn't they. It's been a problematic position for them for ages now. I just hope you take them to the cleaners.

Jibbs

He is one player United should do everything to get. He is so talented can be transformed into any position. I personally think he can become a devastating winger.

SportingCP96

Supports
We only lost 1 player from the Champion winning team (besides Joao Mario) and replaced him with a young Ruben Vinagre. Also have some young left and right back prospects I assume will be getting minutes now.

Added some midfield depth and brought in Sarabia.

Excited to see how Nuno does in Paris and Sporting keep the core of their team for at least another season.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We only lost 1 player from the Champion winning team (besides Joao Mario) and replaced him with a young Ruben Vinagre. Also have some young left and right back prospects I assume will be getting minutes now.

Added some midfield depth and brought in Sarabia.

Excited to see how Nuno does in Paris and Sporting keep the core of their team for at least another season.
Vinagre is/was from Wolves, right?

Junkrom

Supports
Chelsea
Did I see a different player today? man couldn't even control the ball, all passes were or too short or way too long, I started watching the game at min 65, absolute gargabe he was.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Did I see a different player today? man couldn't even control the ball, all passes were or too short or way too long, I started watching the game at min 65, absolute gargabe he was.
He's much better than what he showed today.

cyberman

Ireland targeted him down Portugal’s left side and got plenty of joy. He was chasing Irish shadows for a good 15 minutes near the end of that first half.
That was Ireland by the way.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ireland targeted him down Portugal’s left side and got plenty of joy. He was chasing Irish shadows for a good 15 minutes near the end of that first half.
That was Ireland by the way.
Nuno Mendes didn't play in the first half

CM10

He was very poor after coming on tonight but I don't think that's reflective of his usual level. He's only 19 so bumps in the road are par for the course.

Chief123

Had a stinker today. Had some really wayward balls and some poor corners.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He struggled a bit since he arrived at PSG but he really starts showing his potential. He'll need to work hard but he could be one of the best.

SportingCP96

Supports
He struggled a bit since he arrived at PSG but he really starts showing his potential. He'll need to work hard but he could be one of the best.
I miss him so much.