October fixtures: Next 7 games, 6 away from OT

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
October fixtures

6 out of 7 are away. The home game is vs Liverpool.

03/10 Alkmaar (Europa Away)
06/10 Newcastle (PL Away)
20/10 Liverpool (PL Home)
24/10 Belgrade (Europa Away)
27/10 Norwich (PL Away)
29/10 Chelsea (EFL Away)
02/11 Bournemouth (PL Away)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Some tough games in there.

The Europa might give us a little solace!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Europa might be OK, but all the PL fixtures except Norwich have banana potential, including a spanking by Liverpool, and Chelsea could easily beat us in EFL cup.

Have no idea where we end up on 3rd November but Im not optimistic. We don't have the quality or depth to deliver consistency.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In isolation the EL and LC games can be lost without any real consequence (other than going out of the competition in the LC's case) but combine that with more than 2 defeats in the league and Ole will surely be out of a job

el3mel

Shite. They're all away bar one game which is Liverpool. :lol:

I'm not looking forward to this, at all.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In isolation the EL and LC games can be lost without any real consequence (other than going out of the competition in the LC's case) but combine that with more than 2 defeats in the league and Ole will surely be out of a job
I think we need to get to minimum of semi finals of both cups, to demonstrate progress.

youmeletsfly

October fixtures

Lose
1-0 win
0-4
Narrow win
27/10 Norwich (PL Away)
Draw
29/10 Chelsea (EFL Away)
Lose
Lose

hobbers

Think we'll win the European ties and lose every other game. Maybe sneak a draw from Bournemouth or Newcastle.

izec

Europa might be OK, but all the PL fixtures except Norwich have banana potential, including a spanking by Liverpool, and Chelsea could easily beat us in EFL cup.

Have no idea where we end up on 3rd November but Im not optimistic. We don't have the quality or depth to deliver consistency.
Norwich will be fired up and i wouldnt be surprised if we dont win there. They havent been great lately but are better at home against good opposition.

RedDevilRoshi

October fixtures

27/10 Norwich (PL Away)
29/10 Chelsea (EFL Away)

Bournemouth not a November fixture? :D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We really could without those games. Squad is too thin
Is my thinking as well

EL is becoming more and more important but the domestic cups can feck off, we're not winning them given the importance City place on them so the extra games become an inconvenience other than giving minutes to the likes of Gomes and Greenwood

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Not sure what you mean by that, you think Norwich will be easy or do you mean Norwich will actually go into that as slight favourites given they beat Man. City and nearly drew with Chelsea on home turf?

Anyway Newcastle is certainly easier away game than either Norwich or Bournemouth I think as both those teams have the attacks to push you on the back foot quite a bit.

Eddy_JukeZ

There's a serious chance we don't win a single Prem game.

If so, it should be the end of OGS.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Every PL game is a potential banana skin, don't even know what to expect really.

I fear we'll descend even further down the table.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Every PL game is a potential banana skin, don't even know what to expect really.

I fear we'll descend even further down the table.
That’s also my problem. I’m not confident about any of them. Or I’m more confident we’ll be toothless and ordinary rather than have enough quality to win.

Irwin99

How are AZ? I imagine a Dutch team would be a better test than Rochester or Astana :nervous:

always_hoping

October fixtures

03/10 Alkmaar (Europa Away) They are in good form (just one point off league leaders Ajax) 1-1
06/10 Newcastle (PL Away) Bruce will have Newcastle fired up for this game 1-1
20/10 Liverpool (PL Home) 0-1 Liverpool win with a either a goalkeeper error or dodgy penalty
24/10 Belgrade (Europa Away) 2-0 long trip and half arsed performance produces a deserved defeat
27/10 Norwich (PL Away) Still smarting from that Belgrade defeat and loss 3-1
29/10 Chelsea (EFL Away) decent showing but knocked out on penalties
02/11 Bournemouth (PL Away) a score draw 2-2

Castia

Newcastle are absolutely dreadful surely we’re going to beat them?

That game aside I can’t see us getting much from the rest, Ole will be under huge pressure come November.

Bojan11

Newcastle are absolutely dreadful surely we’re going to beat them?

That game aside I can’t see us getting much from the rest, Ole will be under huge pressure come November.
We couldn’t even beat Huddersfield under their hopeless manager. Lost to Cardiff at home, so it wouldn’t surprise me if we lost to Newcastle.