October fixtures: Next 7 games, 6 away from OT

Scriblerus

Four in ten days after Liverpool is going to be a stretch given the lack of depth. We're not equipped for the number of competitions we're in. At the start of the season the Europa looked one in which we could give experience to some kids and not really care about the outcome, but it starts to look like the most likely place to pick up a win or two and perhaps raise morale. If the threadabare squad we have now is part of a long-term rebuilding strategy, it may well be better than bringing in mediocre players just because they are available, but one or more of the cups will have to be written off to keep players fresh enough for the PL, surely.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I expect 7 5-0 losses and at least 12 injuries to our starting 11.

Smores

I wonder if the Ole in crowd are willing to put a minimum from those fixtures? Or will they still shout progress if we lose every league game?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I wonder if the Ole in crowd are willing to put a minimum from those fixtures? Or will they still shout progress if we lose every league game?
Heavy loss to Liverpool will change that narrative I imagine. Mind you Liverpool always seem to underwhelm at OT each season.

tire4

How are AZ? I imagine a Dutch team would be a better test than Rochester or Astana :nervous:
AZ is the best footballing club in the Netherlands since 2004. You will see for yourself thursday.

They also have a great youth acadamy. Stengs and Boadu are their star players, but overall they have a solid squad.

NJM78

So we have won zero away games from our last nine. Scoring only 5 goals. If Ole is still managing us after this I will be very surprised.

MikeeMike

loving the imbalance of away games. different dynamic away from home. feeling positive.
Best away fans . reduced pressure to win. cmon

Thaila-X

Draw - Alkmaar
Win - Newcastle
Draw - Liverpool
Draw - Belgrade
Win - Norwich
Win - Chelsea
Win - Bournemouth

Based on seeing Liverpool struggle against Sheffield United, knowing naff all about Alkmaar and Belgrade, not rating Lampard's Chelsea and Blind Optimism (Bournemouth) and refusing to accept we can drop points against a newly promoted team.

bondsname

In my honest opinion after these 7 games the board, the fans and the players will be fed up with Ole and we'll we him sacked. By December we'll start the rebuild again.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I just want to see us parking the double decker against Liverpool at home, they must be stopped and we must take points off of them.
Easily our most important match of the season, let’s do our bit for the lesser evil.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just like when we have these threads with supposed easy runs of games, and we never do that well, we'll never do as badly as people are predicting.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Only hope for the Liverpool game is that they get a few injuries during the international break.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
See, we made it safely through the first away without losing :wenger:

Cockney Phil

This is where the clock is against us. A run of poor results would be a killer of confidence going into the Xmas period. We need at least a couple of wins and draws.

Infra-red

It looks really grim. We haven't won any of our last 10 away games and 5 of our next 6 are away (with Liverpool being the home game).

What kind of state are we going to be in after that? Almost certainly bottom half of the table.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Got the first one wrong, I fear what's to come..
I genuinely can't see us winning any of those games.

I remember a time where we never lost two in a row under Fergie as he'd virtually demand a win after a loss.

This is depressing.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Newcastle - draw
Liverpool - lose
Norwich - lose
Chelsea - lose
Bournemouth - draw

2 out of 15 points.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Bury have won an away match more recently than we have. They no longer exist.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
(Assuming he's not sacked after Newcastle):

Newcastle - Lose
Liverpool - Lose
Belgrade - Lose
Norwich - Lose
Chelsea - Lose
Bournemouth - Lose

0 out of 12 points.

Last edited:

Roboc7

Be amazed if Ole is still in charge by the end of these games now, don’t fancy us to win any of next 6.

hp88

10 games without a win, worst record since late 80's. Reminds me of the Moyes season when we were doing the same thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
(Assuming he's not sacked after Newcastle):

Newcastle - Lose
Liverpool - Lose
Belgrade - Lose
Norwich - Lose
Chelsea - Lose
Bournemouth - Lose

0 out of 18 points.
Spot the quality fan. Wow.

Chelsea is cup by the way.

AFC NimbleThumb

That Liverpool game is huge.

Since Klopp has taken over he’s ducked the games, last season was a prime example - our players were dropping like flies & he didn’t go all out attack like he would usually.

He’s yet to have a ‘good’ game at the OT but if they come & slaughter us I think the OgS experiment will end.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Spot the quality fan. Wow.

Chelsea is cup by the way.
Yeah made a mistake. Thanks.

I know it seems like I'm being overly harsh, but I'm just being honest with how I feel.

Every match is a struggle, regardless of opponent quality, they all appear more coherently set up. There doesn't seem to be a team in Europe where i can say, we're confident of winning. Look at the horror shows vs Rochdale, Astana & AZ Alkmaar for example. Not even a shot on target last night & we would have lost really if VAR was available.

I can see Newcastle beating us, they'll be up for it after last week. Then no chance vs Liverpool. Belgrade will be a hostile atmosphere, don't see us doing well there. Norwich have good form at home, score goals and they'll definately be up for it because we're still a famous name. Chelsea play miles better than us and it's away so good luck. Finally Bournemouth, again away and they play attacking football and we can't score more than 1 so I can see realistically losing that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah made a mistake. Thanks.

I know it seems like I'm being overly harsh, but I'm just being honest with how I feel.

Every match is a struggle, regardless of opponent quality, they all appear more coherently set up. There doesn't seem to be a team in Europe where i can say, we're confident of winning. Look at the horror shows vs Rochdale, Astana & AZ Alkmaar for example. Not even a shot on target last night & we would have lost really if VAR was available.

I can see Newcastle beating us, they'll be up for it after last week. Then no chance vs Liverpool. Belgrade will be a hostile atmosphere, don't see us doing well there. Norwich have good form at home, score goals and they'll definately be up for it because we're still a famous name. Chelsea play miles better than us and it's away so good luck. Finally Bournemouth, again away and they play attacking football and we can't score more than 1 so I can see realistically losing that.
Oh we're poor, but we won't lose all of those games.
We'll scrape a few brave draws :wenger: